Who are you

TW: car accident
Peter and May were on their way (hehe that rhymed) to his dance competition. Peter was bouncing around excitedly while May was trying to drive through the snow. She was still confused as to why they didn't cancel the competition.
         "May I'm so excited! I have a solo, duet, and I'm in the group dance." He continues to ramble about how great his choreography was when May had to swerve the car slightly. They got back to the middle of the road, but Peter was quiet now. He didn't want to distract May. The roads were almost completely covered, but you could clearly see the yellow line if you payed attention. They were about ten minutes away from the competition when a truck ran into the passenger side of the car.
—time skip—
            Tony was working in his lab when he got a call from May. He was confused because May never called him unless.... His face pales. He quickly answers the phone. He can't even get a word in before he hears May speaking.
           "Tony! It's- it's Peter. There was an a-accident. The truck hit- it hit his side. He's unconscious. They don't- they don't know if he'll wake up. I can't lose him too Tony." Tony almost drops the phone. Peter was supposed to be on his way to have fun. He wasn't supposed to get hurt. He should've brought them. They would've been safer. He composes himself before replying.
           "Where are you guys?"
—time skip—
           It's been weeks since the accident, and Peter still hasn't woken up. The doctors said he was making progress though, so he should wake up soon. It wasn't soon enough in Tony's opinion. All the Avengers came to see Peter at some point. Scott, Clint, Natasha, and Bucky visited the most. Scott and Clint because they had kids themselves, while Natasha and Bucky came because they were the closest to the kid besides Tony. He never left the kids side. The doctors let him stay after visiting hours because he was Tony Stark. May stayed at first, but she realized that being by his side 24/7 wasn't going to speed up the process. She would visit every day, but she would go home to sleep when visiting hours ended. Tony hasn't slept since the accident. He doesn't know why it was affecting him so much. The doctors said Peter would wake up, but he was still worried. So he just waited.
—time skip—
            Tony lifted his head as he heard the sheets rustle. He looked and saw Peter looking around the room in confusion. His eyes land on Tony and the confusion seems to grow.
           "Hey kid. How are you feeling?"
           "Who are you?"
—time skip—
           "Peter seems to have a different form of memory loss. He only remembers the people that he's known personally for years. He knows his age and everything he's learned in school, but he won't be able to remember a person he's met in the last six years. We don't know how that works, but his memory should come back eventually."
           "Eventually? What do you mean eventually?" Tony asks in a low voice.
           "That means we don't know when it will come back. It could be days or it could be years. This has only happened a few times that we know of and the results varied." Tony nodded and put his head in his hands.
           "I'm sorry Mr.Stark." The doctor said before walking away. Tony just sighed and pulled out his phone, pressing Peppers contact.
           "Hey Tony, I'm in a meeting right now what's- are you okay?" She asked after she noticed Tony sniffling.
          "Peter woke up." Pepper gasped. 
          "Really? Well why do you sound upset about it?" Tony sighs sadly.
          "He doesn't remember me. Or any of the other Avengers. He asked me who I was right after he woke up. The doctors don't know when his memory will come back."
          "Tony it's okay. Just because they don't know when it'll come back doesn't mean it will never come back. He'll remember you Tony and he'll drag you to the lab to make up for whatever time is lost by this. You'll have your not-son back soon Tony." Tony laughs at that and is grateful for having someone like Pepper. After they finish their conversation, he decides to call the others.
—time skip—
             Two months passed and Peter still didn't remember them. He still lived at the tower, but he didn't leave his room much. May talked to him about dancing and she told him about the dance room in the tower. He decided to check it out one day. Peter looked around the room. He thought it looked familiar, but he didn't know why. He didn't remember being there. He remembered that he used to dance though. He tried to remember choreography and he did eventually. May watched and realized that it was the solo that he learned for the competition. She had to leave the room because of memories from that night. Peter kept dancing. As he went, he realized he was much sloppier than when he first did it. And the memory of that dance was slowly slipping from his mind. He tried to do it, but each time, he forgot more and more. Eventually he could barely remember the second move. He started crying. He didn't like not recognizing the things around him when everyone expected him to. He cried until the door opened. He looked up and saw Tony. He felt something different every time he saw him, but he didn't understand why. Tony sat down next to him.
              "You're okay, Pete. I know this is frustrating, but it'll get better." Tony put his hand on Peters shoulder. This seemed so familiar to Peter. He closed his eyes and then all of a sudden, something came back.
~flashback~
             Peter was learning his new choreography. He was stressing because this was the first time he had three dances to remember and he didn't want to let his team or teacher down. So he pushed himself. He danced every time he had free time. He barely slept trying to perfect the dance. One day he was just too stressed. He had a test the next day as well as an Avengers meeting. He just started crying. Tony walked in a few seconds later after Friday told him.
            "Peter, go get some sleep."
            "I can't Tony. I need to get these dances correct. I can't upset everyone."
             "Pete, the dances are already as good as they're going to get. You know why? Because you've been practicing for weeks. Take a break. It won't leave your memory. You'll be fine." He pulled Peter into a hug until his breathing returned to normal.
             "I guess I do need to sleep." Tony laughs quietly.
             "Yeah, you do. Let's head on up."
             "Carry me?" Peter asks, pouting his lip and using his puppy eyes. Tony sighs but picks him up.
~present~
              After that, even more memories of Tony and the others entered Peters head. It gave him a slight headache, but that didn't stop him from smiling tiredly at Tony.
              "Hey Mr.Tony Stark dad sir," Peter said sarcastically. Tony's eyes widened.
              "You... you remember?" Peter nods and Tony wraps him in a tight hug. Peter giggles softly and it's music to Tony's ears. He hasn't heard his not-son laugh in a while.
             "How about we go to the living room with the others and watch some movies?" Peter smirks then he quickly changes it to a pout and turns on his puppy eyes.
            "Carry me?" Tony laughs.
            "You little shit." He carries him anyways.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I think this is my longest story. Oof. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace