Chapter 3.3 - Lala - Another of the Same Kind

Looks like White seems to have forgotten about our conversation the other day. I already told him that I also ate an Infinitum Crystal that was made by a dragon. What kind of dragon? I am not sure about that yet. I only found out about White when I heard that he has two unique ability. It is a very rare case for someone to actually have two unique ability. So I've been investigating him for months until I finally come to the decision to reveal myself to him.

"It is no longer a secret that you have two unique ability, White." I told him.

He replied, "How so? Not a lot of people can even tell what abilities I have."

"Of course no one could tell. You stopped time. No one will notice that."

White sounded surprised, "Wait. How can you be so sure that I can stop the time?"

I laughed a bit and explained to him, "I've been watching over you for months, White. Not that I'm being a creep or anything. I've been watching all of my classmates. What I found out about you seems to have something that I might be interested in."

"So you also know about my 2nd ability, I assume?"

"Indeed. You could control space. Well, you can only instantly transport yourself for a few centimeter. Am I right?"

"You're right." I sighed. "I guess you are indeed worthy of being a Cardinal for our class, Lala."

"That's good and all, White but we need to get ready for the test. Are you ready for this?"

He nodded as he told me, "I'm quite ready for this, cardinal."

"Just call me by my name. Cardinal is just a fancy word for class monitor. You know that right?"

"Uh...yeah..."

After having that conversation, we prepared ourselves for the evaluation test by trading some information about our abilities. The thing is, I didn't even told him about whatever was my 2nd ability. But he doesn't seem to mind it at all after I told him that it won't be needed at this time. Why am I keeping it a secret? I guess I was just not ready to tell him yet about it. Maybe for another time.

Anyway, as Officer Roy had told us. There will be three different test for us to tackle on. The first one will be testing our power levels. There will be a number of targets in the field and we just have to give as much power as we could towards all of them. The first test is a test to measure how much damage we can deal with the help of our ability as well as our magical skills. This also includes how much elemental magic we have learned.

The second test will be testing how well we know our ability as well as how much we know about the properties of magic. We will have to use our brains and abilities to solve a number of puzzles. We will be put inside a locked room and we will have to figure out a way to get out of it as quick as possible.

The last test will be a test that combines both the first and second test into one. There will be an obstacle course filled with target practice as well as puzzle that will stop us from getting to the finish line. There will also be one last obstacle at the end where Officer Roy will be waiting for us there. What we actually need to do was actually interesting. We have to touch him. Yes, one of us will have to make contact with Officer Roy. It sounds easy on paper but Officer Roy is a very well established Wizard in the country. We are definitely going to have a hard time if we just go full steam ahead without a plan. I don't even know what he has under his sleeve. He has kept his ability from the public very well.

"You got all that, Lala?" White just finish explaining to me about how his abilities work.

"I understand. Your Pause ability allows you to stop the time but only for a small window of 3 seconds and it only works within a small range of 10 metre."

"Yes. I've been slacking around with developing my ability. It used to be longer than that. It just happens as I grow up."

"Maybe I can show you a way after this test. I might be onto something."

White wondered and replied to me, "That is not a bad suggestion. I'll keep that in mind."

"Now then..." I continued what I had learned, "Your Blink ability allows you to instantly transport yourself or a single object to another place in a blink of an eye. But, you can only transport as far as a football field. Did I get all of it?"

"You definitely got it right."

"Awesome. We might be able to get through this test, quick. Once we're done with that, maybe we can talk about our Infinitum Crystals."

"About that, Lala." White sounded a bit worried, "I'm already scheduled to do something else with someone after this."

"Oh really? What are you doing after this?"

White scratches the back of his head and said, "Well, I'm going to go out with someone. Shopping."

"Shopping? Well then, if that's the case. Maybe we can talk for another time. For now, let's just get this test over with, White."

"You're damn right, Lala."

I handed out my fist toward him and signaled him to do fist bump but he staggered for a moment. He left me hanging for a moment but then he finally bumped his fist with mine. Glad that wasn't as awkward as I expected it might be. Hopefully the test won't give us a hard time as much as how some of the other students might have. I wonder what's up with the other Cardinals...

TO BE CONTINUED