Chapter 3.23 - White - Brilliant Gunsmith

After waiting for a while for Fitz to return back to her shack, she came back together with two familiar faces. Apparently she found Zenith and Recordia when she was looking for information about Silverbite. I don't know if its fate or something that made us encounter with each other in such a short time. I mean, I literally just contacted with Recordia on that afternoon. It has only been eight hour since then. So what's happening now was that we're having dinner together at Fitz's shack. While Fitz was preparing the dishes, I asked Recordia and Zenith about something.

"How do you guys get here so quick?" I wondered.

Recordia then answered, "That's easy! White has a detection spell placed by Recordia. Combining that spell together with navigation spell, Recordia and Zenith are able to find White."

"But there's a catch." Zenith added, "Right after we got into this city, your signal was lost. It was as if there was some sort of restrictive spell been cast all over the city. That's why we couldn't exactly find you until we met Fitz. Do you know why?"

Fitz placed down some foods on the table and said, "It's probably the same spell as the transportation detection spell that The Fox Gang used on the city."

"But why?" I asked, "Isn't it going to be easier to find someone especially for a place filled with a bunch of bounty hunters over here?"

Fitz sat down and explained, "This place aren't just a place for bounty hunters. It's also a save haven for criminals. The entire city of Eveiht is controlled by The Fox Gang. And those guys are probably the most successful criminal I have heard of.

"Why aren't they been caught by the security yet?" Zenith wondered.

Fitz then replied, "You mean the cops, right? Even the people inside The Magic Security are as corrupted as anyone in this country."

For context, The Magic Security is a government funded police force. They are the ones responsible for taking down criminals and people who does not abide by the law. Even so, all is not right as what Fitz had told us. Those guys from the higher ups are probably pulling some strings that enables The Fox Gang from being apprehended.

"I see..." I nodded.

"Well what are you guys waiting for? Eat up." Fitz invited us to eat.

We began eating the food that Fitz had prepared for us. From how happy Recordia was eating, I was definitely able to tell that the food was good. But there was still something that was concerning me.

"Hey, Zenith. How in the world were you able to upgrade Recordia's ability?"

"Oh that? That's simple." Zenith explains, "You see, I found out that this little friend of yours isn't exactly your familiar. She's just made out of pure Infinitum. I've never seen exactly like her before. I wonder why..."

"That's for another time." I said.

"Very well..." Zenith then continued her explanation, "Since she's made out of pure Infinitum energy, I looked into the Infinitum inside her body and I found out that they were some loose screw inside. So I tighten it up and this is the result." She presented the 'new?' Recordia.

Both Fitz and I were confused. We don't really understand what she exactly meant.

"You guys don't seem to understand at all, huh?" Zenith sighed.

"You know what?" Fitz then said, "I'm not going to bug myself into this. I'm just going to eat."

On the other hand, I was trying my hard to understand her explanation, "It sounds amazing but how were you able to look into the Infinitum inside her body? I don't get that. I thought you were just a Gunsmith, Zenith."

Zenith then chuckled, "I'm not only make guns, White. I can also tune up Infinitum. It came in package as I learned how to make a gun that has magic in it. In fact, almost a lot of talented blacksmiths could do it. Healers can do it as well."

I tried guessing and said, "Is it sort of like putting an enchantment on a weapon or armor?"

Zenith then said, "It's something like that but it's also not like that."

"What do you mean, Zenith. I don't get it..."

She sighed and said, "I'll tell you later."

I'm not quite sure why she said later but I found out why as we finally get to talk after dinner. Recordia was playing around with Fitz as we conversed with each other.

Zenith was being very quite and said, "I heard from Recordia that you ate a Dragon's Infinitum Crystals, right?"

"I see...So that's why you sound like you're not telling me something." On the other hand, I already know that Zenith also ate a Dragon's Infinitum Crystal.

"Yeah. It's kind of surprising to find out that you also ate one of those Infinitum Crystal that has a dragon in it. So, you have two abilities, right?"

"Yeah. And I use both of them sometimes."

"I see."

Then I told her, "But funnily enough, before you forgot a lot of things. You only showed me your snow manipulation ability. And I'm not even sure if that's your ability or its just another elemental mastery like the Cardinals in our academy has."

"Well I can clear up one thing. I never could manipulate snow from what I discovered."

Then from what I understood, her snow manipulation ability was just a part of the Snow Phoenix that cursed her before this. So she never even showed me her true ability. Plus, she hid both of her ability.

"So. Uh...What's your ability, then?" I nervously asked her.

Zenith gently sighed and said, "I'm not sure if I even should tell you my ability, White."

"Hey, Zenith. Listen...I know that you know that you kind of have an amnesia problem right now but...if there's one thing that you should remember is that..."

"What is it?"

I stumbled upon what I was about to say.

"What are you trying to say, White?"

Nothing came out of my mouth. It was probably because of how afraid I was to face her again. Especially in the state she was in.

"White..." Suddenly, she hold my right shoulder and said, "Whatever it is that you wanted to say. I'm sure it doesn't have any sort of bad intention. I know you enough to know that you aren't a bad person. So what's on your mind?"

I calmed myself down and told her, "...If there's one thing that you should remember then...you should always trust me."

"Why is that?"

I mustered up all my strength and said, "Because back then...we promised one thing."

"And that is?"

"That we will take good care of each other. Like partners..."

I finally told her what I'm supposed to tell her way back during the ship ride back from Nihon a few months ago. I'm glad I finally did that. It felt like there was a lock that have finally been released from within me. I'm happy for that. And from the way Zenith smiled at me, I'm sure she was also feeling the same way as I do. I'm happy it worked out...

TO BE CONTINUED