Chapter 4.24 - Emerald - My Sharona

The number of bandits that appeared afterwards was more than what we saw a while ago. It looks like they have doubled the amount from before. So according to what Raven's feathered friends had said, these bandits was apparently trying to kidnap Princess Sonata for ransom money. It sounds very typical for a person from a very famous family ended up becoming a kidnap target for ransom. I think I found it funny how there will always be these kinds of desperate people who just want a quick cash through any means necessary. They could just do some honest work instead of doing these disgusting act. But what do I know? That's just my opinion.

 But what do I know? That's just my opinion

"Here they come." Raven brought out her EMA which was a pair of iron claws, it's probably a melee type.

"Hold on, Raven. Maybe we can talk this out with the."

Raven then told me, "I don't think there's going to be a peaceful resolution."

"How can you tell?"

Raven sighed and said, "Have you ever seen a bandit ending up not wanting to fight? This kind of thing always ends with a fight. I think you've watched enough TV shows to know the basics."

"Hmm, guess your right. Let's go all in then." I raised all of my five sabres behind me. Yes it was floating behind me.

Raven then reminded me, "Just don't destroy anything else. This building isn't ours."

I sent one of my sabre flying toward one of the bandits. The bandit was able to block the sabre from stabbing him by using a buckler that he had prepared. My sabre detracted its blow and initiated in a sword fight against that bandit. Yeah, that one bandit was fighting a floating sabre. It sounded and looked like it's a useless battle considering that my sabre couldn't really get hurt. The other bandits then proceed to do the same as I sent the other four of my floating sabre toward them. They were all sword fighting against my sabres. If only the bandits were five people, that would make our fight easier but my hands were already full as I had to face five of them at once from afar.

If I had to explain the mechanics behind my ability. It all boils down to the crystals that was placed on the hilt of every sabre I used. I don't really control the sabre specifically. I'm actually controlling the crystals. My unique ability was called, Chaos Crystals. Why chaos? Because these crystals can be dangerous even for myself at times. I can't honestly say that I know all of the crystals that I summoned because sometimes whenever I decided to summon one, there will be those that blows on its own when contacted with heat or maybe one that could emulate a poison gas if it we're destroyed or split apart. I'm just able to summon and control these crystal at my own freewill. The crystals that was on my sabres were all common crystals and that's why I'm confident enough to use it.

Helena always told me to try and study all of the different types of crystals that I'm able to summon. Doing so will allow me to use my ability to its full potential with all the right knowledge of how certain crystal works. But I just don't have the time for that as I'm not really into that. But who knows, maybe Helena was right and I should do that. But at the moment, my hands were full against these bandits because it takes a lot of concentration to control 5 different sabres against 5 different enemies.

Meanwhile, Raven called in an unkindness of ravens to help her out as she directly fights with the bandits with her iron claws. Her ravens was flying all across the area, distracting and slowing down the bandits as Raven faces her opponent one by one. Raven was quite athletic with how she was able to quickly scratch and claw the enemy smoothly. I thought someone like her won't move much considering that she could just use her birds to fight for her. But instead, she leads the charge like she was their true leader.

As the fight continues, the bandit finally used their own set of unique abilities but none of them was worth mentioning at all. I can see that these guys haven't really used or studied their ability to how its supposed to work. My own sabres was able to dispatch out their magic without failure at all. But to tell the truth, the crystals I'm using are actually just 5 Infinitum Crystals. How Infinity Crystals work was that it contains a certain amount of Infinitum in it. When used, the Infinitum inside the crystal could be gone and become an empty Infinitum container. So what I'm trying to say was that, all of the magic that the bandit tried to use against my sabre ended up absorbing into the Infinitum Crystals. But if they were smart enough, they would continue to use their magic until the Crystals are filled up so that they can finally use their magic to my sabres. But that wasn't the case as I was able to knock out all five of them easily thanks to them being exhausted after wasting too much Infinitum Energy on my crystals. From my limited knowledge, there's a bunch of different types of Infinitum Crystal and the ones I'm using are those that could contain quite a lot of energy into it. But I could be wrong because there's was still another Infinitum Crystal type that had a way bigger Infinitum inside of it. Such as a Dragon Infinitum Crystal. But that's a rarity. I never seen one before. I wish I could get to see one of them someday...

But for now, it looks like the number of bandits were dwindling down and its only a matter of moments before we were done taking care of them. For now, we just hope that Nis does her job well to calm down Princess Sonata from trying to commit suicide.

TO BE CONTINUED