Chapter 4.17 - Lilith - Rock You Like A Hurricane

"You know what, Lilith..." Diane suddenly asked me.

"What?"

She told me, "He's only one guy. I think you can handle this on your own."

She then pulls out her smartphone and began tapping away. I rolled my eyes in disbelief.

"What?" Diane nonchalantly said so.

I sternly told her, "You gotta be kidding me? He got White for goodness sake. We have the opportunity to easily beat this dude and you just wanna play with your phone?"

"Yes." Unshaken, she said so in a rather uninterested way. "It's not like I'm getting anything from out of this."

"Hey, are you two going to help me or not?" White was already waiting for us to help him.

"Ugh. Whatever. Prince Medley! Stand behind Diane. She'll keep you safe." Without hesitating much, I initiated.

I can't believe Diane would act like this in this situation. Despite me being a bit of a problematic child, I can still figure out that the situation we're in right now is very detrimental for all of us.

Basically, fast forward in time we found out that White was in danger. We don't really know the specifics but after finding where he was, we found that he was already been captured by this guy that could use water manipulation magic. He could also turn the water he used into a gum. That's what happened to White. He couldn't move because he was stuck from the dude's ability.

But in any case, I crunched my knuckle and told to myself, "And here I thought I'm the most troublesome in this group..."

"It's a one on one then." The guy who was known as Liquid said those words.

He began slowly walking toward me. I approached him carefully. After noticing what he had done to White, I could discern that it was important that I must avoid his water at any cost. Else not, I'm going to suffer just like White. I really wonder if White actually put up a fight or not. He doesn't seem like a tough fella but I've heard a lot from Yumiko and he sounds promising. But apparently anyone can tell a tell. How disappointing.

I closed both of my hand tightly until a dark purplish energy began to appear from my hands. This dark energy is apart of my ability, Devilish Curse. Unlike my sister, Lailah who has abilities like what an angel could do, I am devil-like. I think that speaks a lot despite my behaviour in deciding to save White. Now why I wanted to do that? Because I think only I could do worse against White. Besides Yumiko of course. But the fact is, White is not to be toyed by anyone else but me. I also wanted to see what so special about him after hearing all of those wonderful things from Yumiko. So far nothing worthwhile, but she did told me it takes time. So for now, I'll help this shorty.

"Take this!" I shot out a gas-like dark energy toward Liquid.

Liquid immediately blocked it by blasting out a bunch of focused water and turned it into gum.

"You think it be that easy, girl?" He mocked me.

"Fine then." I brought out something from my Dimensional Bag.

It was long and had three sharp prong. It was my EMA. It was basically a trident that most devils would use. If I had to put in a category, it is a spear type EMA.

"Nice trident you have there...But that's just going to be useless against me." He continued to mock me.

"Don't be so quick to judge!" I suddenly sprouted out a devil wing from my back and began flying up in the air.

As I reached the perfect height level, I charged down together with my trident. Liquid easily dodged my charge and tried to counter it by conjuring a ball of water and throwing it at me. I got hit by it and the water immediately turned into gum.

"What a useless pitchfork, you got there." He laughed as he approached me.

He thought that he had already won. But that was a mistake. He didn't realize that a small dark portal suddenly appeared behind him. From the portal, a shadowy figure appeared together with their trident. That shadowy figure turned out to be me.

"It's called a trident!" I said as I stab him through his stomach.

Liquid, as his name suggested, turned into liquid. He then solidify himself back as I step away from him.

 He then solidify himself back as I step away from him

"Alright, I admit. You got me there." He finally stopped mocking me after all of that. "But show's over ladies. I'm in a hurry."

He turned into liquid once again but this time however, the small portion of puddle that was on the ground begun spinning around in a large circle. It was encircling me. I really didn't know what was going on but I received the answer immediately as the small puddle suddenly increased its amount. It's now a large wall of fast moving water encircling me.

I tried to call for help, "Diane! Help me with this! I can't use the same technique as before immediately."

There was no response.

"God damn it!"

Then out of nowhere I heard a faint voice telling me, "Fly high." I believe it was White.

I listened to him and decided launch myself above. The whirlpool then tried to chase me as its amount began to go up as well. If someone were to look from the outside, I think it would look like some sort of water hurricane. I just hope I don't cause some kind of panic to the event. But it looks White's advice doesn't sound promising at all as the whirlpool continues to rise up as fast as I was able to go up.

But then I heard his faint voice once again, "Hit the ground as strong as you could..."

I listened to him and did exactly as he told me to. I fiercely charged downward as the whirlpool slowly began to close up. I successfully hit the ground and unleashed a large amount of dark energy to the ground. The ground reacted back as it threw the whirlpool up into the sky. The whirlpool quickly turned back into Liquid as he began falling. I threw my trident toward him but then suddenly, my trident was deflected by an outside force.

"What the?" I was surprised because I honestly believe that was Liquid who deflected it.

As it turned out, another person deflected my trident. Rocks and steel was floating all over him. He was probably someone who has some mastery in Earth Manipulation. But I had to step back once again because this become a 2 versus 1 situation unless Diane decides to help me...

TO BE CONTINUED