Chapter 4.34 - White - Free Bird

I tried as best as I could to get near Lord Crescendo but it all ends up with the same end result. I will always bounce away from him once I got very close to him. I even tried throwing my dagger and the same thing happened to it. While I was thinking hard for a way to actually hurt him, Lord Crescendo uses his levitation magic to throw over a whole tree bark at me. I quickly brought out my dagger and slashed the tree bark in half. I couldn't simply cut it with only the dagger, I had to combine it with my wind manipulation magic.

"How am I supposed to do this..." I tried to find a way out of this.

I decided that it was time to try out something else and use a different elemental magic. I clasped both of my hand until an electrical charge began to emerge. I made a lighting ball and tried to throw it at Crescendo. I figured that could work but Crescendo quickly made his move by blocking the lightning with a bunch of trees and bricks. The tower was slowly beginning to fall apart as Crescendo continues to use the bricks from the tower.

"Why are you destroying your own tower?" I asked.

He replied, "The tower is expendable, White. You probably have seen it before already. You might know how easy this kind of tower fall."

He was probably referring to the inverted tower that The Chaos Battle Mage, Escher had.

"I think I've had it enough of playing with you, White." Lord Crescendo grows restless. "Now it's time for the final symphony!"

As soon as he said that, the roof of the tower began to separate itself from the tower. The roof had a pointy end and thus, Crescendo sends the roof toward me. There's no way I can block this one off and so I was forced to use Pause and Blink just to get away from the tower's roof. Little did I know, that was exactly Crescendo's plan to lure me to use my limited ability. Crescendo had planted a trap from where I was standing. It was a bear trap. My right leg was caught in a bear trap. The sharpness of the trap cuts deep into my leg muscle. Blood started to flow out from my leg. I struggling like a whimpering little bird trying to get out of a prey's maw.

I screamed in pain as I tried to disable the bear trap. The pain while I was detracting out the chompers of the bear trap from my leg was excruciatingly painful. I successfully disabled the bear trap and lifted my leg away from it. I immediately destroyed the bear trap with a Spiral Sphere. Despite being able to get out of that mess, it gave me a major damage as I was then limping throughout the battle.

"I never imagined you'd be able to disable that bear trap quickly. You've grown from being a wimp."

"Wimp?" I wondered. "You talk as if you know me so well...what's going on here?"

Lord Crescendo sighed, "Looks like I said too much."

As Crescendo raised both of his arm to the air, the tower behind him began to float above. He sent it down toward me. Burying me under a destroyed tower. It felt like I'm inside a bird cage. For a moment, I thought I was inside the spirit realm as I could still see the world around me. But it wasn't that I was dead. But I survived the crash.

"We came just in time, White!" Zenith's face and voice was the first thing I noticed.

Then I heard Lala sighing, "That was almost too close...Thankfully I'm able to get you out of that mess in time."

"Lala...Zenith...?"

"Get up, little brother. The fight ain't over yet." Lala extended her arm for me.

Then I told her, "But my leg..."

Lala then said, "You don't have to go all out, White. You can still do something else with the two of us here. I'm sure you know that."

I'm sure I know that? I tried thinking hard about what Lala meant but I really couldn't think of a possible answer. But I didn't have much time to think as Lord Crescendo noticed my survival.

"Made it out alive, huh? You should be grateful about your friends, then." Lord Crescendo was floating with his levitating magic as he said that.

"Why does that sound suspicious." Lala noticed something with the way Lord Crescendo said.

Lord Crescendo then laughed and clapped, "A great instinct seems to be something that a Cardinal should have. And you are not wrong, Lala Magnetite. I'm not just talking about the three of you. I'm also talking about your friends in Infinity Academy."

"What?" Zenith was surprised.

We all glanced away toward where our campus was and noticed that a number of floating object was slowly approaching the campus.

"What is that thing?" questioned Lala.

Lord Crescendo answered, "That my Cardinal, is a droid. It has guns and even a self destruct function. A single unit could blow an entire room. But what will happen when there's hundreds of them? It is a product made by a friend of mine. He is a Chaos Champion as well. But you won't be hearing about him because all of your stories ends here."

Hundreds of armed droids were getting close to the campus. We're currently stuck with Lord Crescendo and even if all of us tried to go and stop it, it won't be enough because there was just too many to defeat in time. As a matter of fact, we can't really just run toward there, we have to fly like a bird. If only I could turn into a bird and fly freely in the air. But that wasn't the case unfortunately. We were at wits end until Lala made her decision.

"Hey, Zenith. Is your phone still intact?" Lala suddenly asked.

"What? Well..." She checks her bag and brought it out, "I'm surprised everything is still here with me. There's signal over here. What do you need it for?"

"Zenith. Call the girls and tell them about the androids at once. My order. If their not convinced, watch the sky. Make it quick, Zenith."

"Roger!"

TO BE CONTINUED