Chapter 3.14 - White - Silverbite

The situation was getting tense as there was four different sides in this small kerfuffle. First of all, both Yumiko and I were stuck in the middle of this situation. While the other parties were a bunch of gang members from The Fox Gang, some guy named Silverbite and an old friend of mine, Fitz who was now hunting for our head.

Yumiko had devised a plan to escape using her smoke bombs and just as she told me about the plan, she threw her bombs to the ground and smokes begins to cover up the area. While that was happening, the whole place turned upside down with Fox Gang members going all over the place as they fought back against Silverbite and Fitz. It was indeed a good opportunity for us to get out of there when there was four different sides involved.

"Do you think they saw us?" I asked Yumiko as she continues to grab my hand.

She replied, "Who knows, we better be cautious for now."

"Is there anywhere we can hide?"

"I don't know." She shakes her head.

We ran without thinking of where we should exactly go until all of a sudden we were stopped by someone.

"You think I would be fooled by that smoke bomb trick, twice?" It was Fitz.

"Fitz, can't we talk this out." I tried to convince her to stop hunting for us.

"Considering the circumstances...I don't think this is a good time to talk."

Yumiko then interrupts, "Then maybe you can move aside." Yumiko shot out a fire bullet which was immediately dodged by Fitz.

Fitz then quickly made her way to us and tried to grab Yumiko's flintlock. Yumiko tried to fight back but at the time, she was still thinking about the dress she was wearing. Which renders down her movement. To which she was immediately thrown down to the floor by Fitz's amazing martial art skill. Fitz then turned her gaze at me as she prepared for another fight. I wasn't ready at all.

"Come on, Fitz. Let's not do this now. We're still running away from The Fox Gang."

"That's why I'm doing this, White!"

In a blink of an eye she was quick to move behind me and knock the heck out of me. I wasn't able to do anything because I didn't have any intention of hitting her. But now, both Yumiko and I were knocked out by the bounty hunter, Fitz Triangulum.

-

I started to regain my consciousness after realizing that I might have been out for hours after what just happened. I found my hands seemed to be tied up as well as both of my legs. I noticed that I was in some kind of a small shack. I took another look and noticed that Yumiko was tied up behind me. Well, the rope basically tied both of us in place.

"You're finally awake, huh?" Fitz suddenly appeared from a silhouette in the distance.

"Fitz..." I was barely able to speak.

"Looks like your friend there is still unconscious."

"I see...Where are we?"

Fitz then took a chair and sat on it as she told me, "You guys are in my shack in Eveiht."

"We're still in Eveiht?" I disappointingly sighed.

"Alright. Now that things have cooled down a bit. What do you get to explain yourself, Cyclone White?" She begins to twirl around a knife from her pocket as she said that.

I took a moment to breath in and out and finally explained to her the details. It took about several minutes until I was able to convince her that I'm not supposed to be involved in Yumiko's bounty.

"I see...You unknowingly became friend with one of the most wanted person in Eveiht and now your stuck like this. Plus, you guys even got yourself in deep trouble with The Fox Gang. You know those guys control this whole place, right? They are the ones who will give the gold to me."

"We do know that. And here we are..."

"To top it all off...You even managed to attract one of the most famous bounty hunter around this place, Silverbite."

"What can you tell me about that guy? That guy looks a bit sketchy..."

"Aren't we bounty hunters are all sketchy these days, White? Just when you realize it, your very own partner in crime is now an accomplice to someone with a really huge bounty."

"I mean...what else can I say? It happens."

"It happens, alright..." She then decided to answer my question, "Silverbite. As I told you earlier, he's known by many in this city. He had brought in a lot of criminals, alive and dead."

I gulped the moment I heard the word 'dead'.

She continued, "Although he has been made quite a name for himself. He hasn't really made himself known among his bounty hunters peers. He is a bit distant. He doesn't talk much."

"He's antisocial?"

"Maybe. I don't know. He also doesn't really likes to make every single of his hunt a big deal. And he definitely doesn't stand out too much compared to other bounty hunters over here."

I was impressed, "Sounds like a decent person."

"Of course you would say that." She chuckled and said, "You two are quite alike from the outside, at least."

"Is there anything unique about him, though?" I tried asking.

Fitz tried to think and said, "Let's see...I'm not really sure. If it's a consolation, I guess his weapon is unique."

"You mean that chain dart of his, right?"

"Yeah, I haven't seen anyone else used it before." She nodded until she remembers something, "Aside from that I think he has this interesting looking gauntlet on his left arm."

"A gauntlet? How unique can it be?"

"I don't know if it's just me or something but his gauntlet have this eyeball stuck on the back of the gauntlet. That's not the weird part, the weird part is the eye seems to be moving around like it was living."

It was at that moment when I realized that I have gotten myself into another similar situation.

I asked her one more question, "Does the gauntlet have some sort of dark purple tendrils or roots around it?"

She gave me a moment to think and shockingly said, "Yes! How do you know such things?"

Oh boy...If this isn't what I think it is. Then I might have ended up with another Champion of Chaos. As far as I can remember this guys have only one goal in their mind and that was to revive some legendary beast nearby. As fate would have it, I kept crossing fate with these guys. It's as if I'm supposed to stop them or something. I'm still not sure why should I prevent that, anyway. I only fought them because of the chaos they have caused in a city they reside in. All I could guess right now, is that Silverbite is probably another Champion of Chaos...

TO BE CONTINUED