Chapter 3.15 - Fitz - Pairing Up, Again

I thought that things would be different after all these years but the fact was, I still couldn't let it go. I still have problems controlling my feelings and I still couldn't forget all of the things that we went through. It's not the fact that I have feelings of being together with White. It's the fact that I'm probably won't be able to be a good friend for him. Especially during the time he needs one. No, I only saw him as a partner just as he had always saw me as a partner. That's how it is and that is how I remain to be. I thought that kind of special relationship would be over once we were done with high school but apparently destiny still has some planning between us. It reforge back our old fractured times...

As fate would have it, White seemed to have some knowledge about the famous bounty hunter in Eveiht. White was especially critical when I mentioned that Silverbite had a chaotic looking gauntlet. I don't know why he could know such details until I asked him. To which it finally made me remember an event near the end of our school days.

White asked me a simple question to jog my memory, "You remember when you began to teach me how to manipulate the wind?"

I remembered it, "Of course. I remember that."

"So do you remember what happened throughout all of it?"

"I can't be sure about that...What happened again?" I was being honest as I truly did not remember aside from what he had previously said to me.

White then told me, "Remember our principal, Escher? I'm sure you remember him and whatever he did to us all. He tried to make a world where all of our fantasy would be fulfilled. But the fact is, it was just a mere illusion. It only makes the real us becoming a shell of our former self. That's what happened."

Once he told me that, I kind of had some memory about that.

"I think...you might be right. I do remember that. I do remember about those chaotic things. I remember people left and right became corrupted by Escher's weapon."

"You probably forgot it because you were briefly knocked out when you, Rika and I tried to fight against the corrupted friends of ours. Mainly, Sonozaki Wakana and Blax Tank."

It was then I finally remembered the whole thing, "You know. I think I definitely remember that. Someone came in to save us right at the last moment!"

"You're talking about that photographer guy, Yin Kirin. He was one of my best friends and he was also a part of my circle."

"Your circle...You mean Stardust, right?"

White nodded and continued, "Now that you remembered all of that. I bet you can figure things out concerning the relationship between Escher and Silverbite."

I put two and two together and figured out, "Escher was a Champion of Chaos. He wore chaotic looking outfit. Especially his living eyeball chain that he hangs around his neck. That same eyeball seems to be lingering in Silverbite's gauntlet now..."

"I'm not saying for sure but there is a chance that Silverbite is one of those Champion."

"Why would you say that though? Do you have any solid evidence that he might be one? I mean, we never know that the Champion of Chaos was a bunch of people."

Then White clarified, "Actually, I do have solid evidence...I already encountered three other Champions of Chaos after Escher."

"Wait. So you're saying this isn't just a single person? But a whole organization of some sort?"

"Probably" figured White. He then continued, "Just to reassure you, two out of three of those Champions have been dealt with."

"What happened with that other one, then?"

"Team Stardust are on it. I haven't heard from them since but I hope the next time I hear about them will be good news."

I wondered, "Where are they now?"

"They are far away from here."

"I see...."

A moment of silence began to engulf the shack until I finally decided to break the silence.

"So what are we suppose to do now?"

White then suggested, "I suggest we should find out who exactly is Silverbite."

Even with that in mind, I still have some concern and told him, "That is one thing for sure but you two are still on the run. Don't you think this is going to be extra with all of those Fox Gang members looking for you guys?"

"What's the difference? You and Silverbite are both going to be questioned by them as well." White was able to convince me somehow. "Plus, they are the ones that puts food on your table."

"Your right. Even though right now, I have two very high bounty. I know I couldn't lie to myself and say that you are innocent in all of this. And since that girl is your friend, I figured that she's probably wanted out of necessity just like what I'm doing right now..."

"She's only wanted because The Fox Gang wanted her so bad. I'm sure Yumiko has her reasons to betray them in the past."

"I'm sure she does..." I said that as I looked upon Yumiko who was still unconscious.

I never knew I would end up facing this kind of dilemma at this time of my life. I thought this kind of thing would be over after high school but it looks it simply continues and now I have to decide.

"You know, White. Just for this once...I'm letting you go. In fact, I'm letting the two of you go. I have considered other options besides bounty hunting as of recently. And I might like to try it out soon."

"That's good to hear, Fitz. Thank you."

"No...Thank you."

And with that, I decided to take a brief break after that tiring conversation. The clock at my shack had already reached midnight. It was time for us to take a rest and continue this discussion at a later time. It was during this rest was when I started to have all of these dreams. It wasn't an ordinary dream. It was more of a recollection of the past events I went through. But there was one part that sticks out like a sore thumb and it was when White and I was out looking for this one lost pet. It was definitely an important event for me...

TO BE CONTINUED