Chapter 4.20 - Lala - Knocking on Heaven's Door

I honestly not sure what to really say to Helena in order to encourage her to join the fight. But, all I know was that I had to say something. At the very least, she has assurance from her own Cardinal. Someone who she can truly trust besides her best friend. Helena can be a bit of a doozy especially when handling her and her shyness. It can make certain task becoming detrimental just because she couldn't do anything. It's making her look like she's useless. But thankfully, I was one of the person to push her to the right place every time.

If there's something to recall, there was a time last semester when the whole campus was under siege by The corrupted Watchers. Everyone in my class except for White, Zenith and Rose was there with me. The three of them haven't returned from their delivery mission if I'm remembering correctly. In any case, since it was the first semester, we vaguely know each other. But that doesn't stop everyone else from knowing who am I because I was the appointed Cardinal for our class. They would end up asking me what to do while we were all scared of what was happening. I handled it perfectly by making use of The Training Ball that we used a couple of weeks before for our class. I figured that everyone would be calm after that but there was one girl who was so afraid that she doesn't even want to move from where she stood.

"Come on, Helena. We gotta go into the ball. It's safer there." Emerald was trying to drag her.

"I don't think it's going to be safe at all..." Helena continues to shake her head.

I approached and talked to them, "You must be...um, Helena, right? I've read about you in my notes."

Emerald greeted me, "Oh Lala. Can you help me drag Helena?"

"You can go in first, Emerald. I'll bring her in."

"Hmm...Okay then. Don't do anything harsh to her." Emerald heeded to my request as slowly patted Helena's back.

"From what I've gathered, your ability is very useful for so many things, Helena."

"I...I heard that a lot. But I'm not...sure about that." She was shaking.

Thankfully, I got her up. That was the first step. After that I told her about how useful her abilities could be. I even asked her something.

"Listen up, Helena. You can trust me on this. Just get in The Training Ball and everyone will be safe. I'll be guarding from here on out. I'm your Cardinal and this is my promise. Can you promise to me that you will listen to your Cardinal?"

She slowly nodded as she tries to regain her composure back. I carefully brought her into The Training Ball. After that, things escalated quick and before we know it, the incident was over and the other three missing classmates had returned from their mission. Everyone was glad that I handled the situation very well. Some of them even praised me for that. But I've never aimed to be pleased.

"Hey...Lala..." Helena timidly tries to talk to me.

"Yes, Helena."

"T-thank you so much. For taking of us." She gave me at grateful smile.

Yeah. That's exactly it. Gratitude. I never said I reluctantly wanted to become The Cardinal but I was immediately chosen to become one after my lecturer's assessment on my past activity. I didn't say I hate it. I took it with stride and hopefully try my best not make a mess out of it. As much as anyone seeing me like I'm a perfect girl. I'm not really like that. They say nobody's perfect. But that's not really what I had in mind. Because that's only demoralizing you. What I think the correct term that need to be used was something completely different...

"Everyone is unique and special on their own way." I told Helena as we were still protected by Dymenshne.

And with that, Helena was quick to understand what I meant.

She gently pushed me aside as she told me, "I can do this. Everyone is relying on me! I must do this!"

Helena call forth her warplanes into the sky and began their attack to the Lost Spirits. Lailah was saved by the thread as she was almost about to be swallowed whole by the overabundant amount of Lost Spirits that were surrounding her just now.

"Goodness...I was this close at knocking at heaven's door, you know."

I rushed my way toward Lailah as I ordered Dymenshne to punch and bash all of the oncoming Lost Spirits

Then I joked with Lailah, "Well there's no need to knock on any door today, Lailah."

She chuckled and replied, "How were you able to give a confidence boost to Helena? I mean look at her."

Both of us looked at Helena who was fiercely standing proud as she orders her warplanes to do a quick volley. A platoon of fighters does a barrel roll and quickly exterminated a couple of Lost Souls. Helena then suddenly summoned ground units such as militias and anti-air weaponry. She does it so splendidly.

I jokingly told Lailah, "That's because I'm your Cardinal."

Lailah paused for a moment and laughed as soon as she realized that I was sarcastically acting like a douche.

"You nearly got me there, Lala."

As we were enjoying the moment however, The Lost Souls suddenly growled together in unison. It was as if they were initiating a plan of some kind. And I was right, all of them went away from us and compiled together. They combined with each other and slowly but surely turning themselves into a bigger Lost Souls.

"I didn't know that could happen..." Lailah was surprised.

"But the solution remains the same, right?" I asked her.

"Of course." She nodded.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Helena appeared behind us, "Let's go!"

TO BE CONTINUED