Chapter 3.28 - White - Pack of Wolves

We pursued The Boss and expected some kind of defense from The Fox Gang members but that wasn't what we got. What we apparently got was a bunch of bodies lying all over the place. Some of them were bleeding and some of them weren't moving at all. It was all thanks to the explosion that we've heard just a few moments ago. We found out that the person responsible for such mess would be Silverbite, the mysterious famous bounty hunter.

The Boss was in for a surprise, "Silverbite?! What have you done to my place?!"

Silverbite was standing on top of a body while he spoke, "I'm running out of time and I've grown tired of trying to find a quick gold. So I decided to blow up the gold depository of this building and take what's mine..."

The Boss then said, "You dare strike in the face of The Fox Gang. I'll have you know that whatever your doing will forever be in our head. Just like that traitor of ours."

Yumiko then interrupted and told The Boss, "I may be a traitor but you are a very corrupt person, Boss. You can't escape from us now."

Silverbite then noticed us and said, "Why if it isn't the most wanted person in the city. Looks like you've brought some friends. Are you turning yourself in, miss?"

Yumiko replied, "Turning myself in? No way. I'm closing this business down once and for all. The cops will be arriving soon with a warrant to capture The Boss."

"The Boss, huh?" Silverbite wondered.

The Boss then climbed the stairs and tried to get close to the gold depository entrance but he was then pushed away by large man. The man had a huge body. It's like he was a wrestler or something. Upon further investigation, I noticed that there were a bunch of bottles of pills from his waist. He later introduced himself to be someone that I've known for a while.

The Boss asked, "Who are you? Get away from the depository!"

The man replied, "I was an ex-leader of a so called, Dark Guild. But I was defeated by a group of high school boys and their leader, a small little child. I am, Roman. And no one gets through me!" He then pushed The Boss even further.

The Boss flew away until he was captured by another guy. He looked like groggy rogue. He was dirty and messy. But most importantly, he had two rabid dogs right beside him. Not only I know about Roman. I also know this guy...

"The name's Dean. And this two here is my best buddy."

With the realization of their appearances, I took notice and said, "What are you two doing here?"

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Cyclone White. I've heard a lot from my brothers." Suddenly a third man appears from the depository. This guy was new to me. "Call me Seth and I'm the leader of the trio. We are The Wolf Pack."

"The Wolf Pack?"

Silverbite then told us, "I've hired this fellas after founding out that a boy by the name of Cyclone White was an interest of them. And we thought we have to hunt you down but you are here now..."

"Why do you want me? What's your plan, Silverbite?"

The Boss then interrupted us and went toward Silverbite and asked, "Silverbite! You want gold right? Well I have more than whatever is inside the depository! All you have to do is take Yumiko and her friends down!"

"Just that? Why of course I would like to hunt her down. But on one condition, I will be taking the boy."

"Whatever you want. You get it! Now go and stop them from capturing me!" The Boss then ran away.

We tried to give chase but we were stopped by Silverbite's mercenaries, The Wolf Pack.

Fitz then shouted, "Pigs! Running away from terror and using others for your own benefit!"

Zenith calmed her down, "That's enough, Fitz. We have other things to worry about now."

Although they were only four guys standing in our path. We were also just four young adults together facing against god knows how strong these guys are. I would bet that both Roman and Dean had grown a lot after our last encounter. And considering that Seth is their leader, he's definitely going to be big trouble. But of course, my gaze was focused on Silverbite.

I told Silverbite, "Hey Silverbite. I can't help but hear that you wanted me alive. Why is that?"

"It's not really my concern as its more concern to my teacher. You probably know him by name."

"Don't tell me...it's Nova, right?"

"So I've heard that was his name." Silverbite nodded even though that was probably his first time hearing of that name.

It looks like Nova had finally took notice of me. What does the teacher to all of The Champions of Chaos wanted with me? I couldn't really take a guess but I didn't have much time to ask more as a bunch of rabid dogs tried to jump on me.

"Look out!" shouted Fitz.

She pushed me away with her wind magic as she was completely pummeled down by both of the dogs on both of her hand. The dogs were able to bite her hand and she screams in pain as she made her hand into a mini tornado and punched both of the dog. Sending them flying back to their masters.

"Fitz!" I ran toward her as she immediately kneel down and writes in pain from the dogs bite.

She was breathing heavily as she told me, "I'll be fine, White. This is but a scratch."

"This is no scratch, Fitz! You are going to be okay. Just calm down."

"White..." Fitz stopped me. "I'll be fine. It's only two bites on my arms. Focus on the enemy..." She then whispered to me, "And take good care of Zenith for me."

With whatever strength she had left, she told me what I need to hear as Violet appeared right beside me and carried Fitz with her godly water expertise.

"I'll heal her up, White. You watch out Yumiko for me, got it?" Violet then promised me. "Don't let them kill her."

To which I responded to her, "I won't. I won't let her story end like that."

Violet asked, "Why?"

"Because her story is apart of my own story. And...I write my own stories."

TO BE CONTINUED