Chapter 4.11 - Diane - Youth Gone Wild

I would be lying to myself if I said that I was enjoying what was happening between me and Lala at the moment. I thought I would get to hang out with Lala more on this wonderful Music Festival. But apparently something just had to happen. But of course, every time there is an event anywhere, there will always be some complications. It's no different than any other complications they have every time. But that's not the case this time.

As I was enjoying listening to a demo together with Lala, Emerald as well as Helena and Lilith were out of their sections.

I put down the headphone and asked them, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Lala! Diane! There's a problem!" shouted Emerald.

Lala then quickly shuts Emerald mouth and told her in a low volume, "Not here. Come, let's talk outside this tent."

We got out of the tent and headed to the back of the tent. There were trash cans right beside us. I guess it's sufficient enough to have a private talk here...

"What's wrong?"

"Three things that's going on and I'm not sure if this three could be connected into one or not." said Emerald.

Helena then told us, "The guests are in trouble, Lala. I'm sensing a strange signal coming from all over the campus."

I got confused and asked, "What are you talking about?"

Lilith then said to me, "It's Helena's magic, War Machine. She can manifest and manipulate military toys."

"Military toys? How can a toy detect something?" I asked.

Emerald explained, "Simply put, it's not just that. The toys she manifest is like a complete copy of the real one. Except that it's toy sized."

Helena nodded and said, "My reconnaissance aircraft detected multiple strange signals. I even asked Raven to keep an eye on the sky with her ravens. According to her ravens, they could threats. We don't see it with our own eyes but its here all around us."

Lala then asked, "Have you tried using your ground units?"

Helena shakes her head and said, "No. It's too crowded to navigate, Lala. Their toys..."

"I'm sorry about that. What's the other problem by the way?"

Emerald then steps in and told us, "Alright here me out, I know that Helena just told us something terrible...But, I think Princess Sonata got separated from Prince Medley."

"What?!" I loudly shouted in surprise.

Everyone immediately shushed me back for the noise I made.

"Sorry...guys." I whispered, "But what?"

Emerald then added, "And according to Zenith, who fainted out just now. She's fine don't worry, White is in trouble. But I don't know why he is in trouble. I couldn't get the answer from Zenith in time."

"Why did she fainted?" asked Lala.

Emerald simply said, "She was exhausted from last night, I think. But that's another matter for now. There's three different thing going on right now. What should we do, Lala?"

Lala then tried to confirm a few detail, "Is White still with The Prince?"

"Last time I saw him, yes. I'm not sure when did they get separated from The Princess. But, Nis is with her right now."

Then I asked, "Why is Nis with Princess Sonata?"

"Princess Sonata ordered her to follow her. Since she's The Princess, Nis simply followed her order as she pleases."

"Then we simply need to find those two then" suggested Lala. "Lilith and Diane, you two go find White and The Prince. Make sure they are safe from whatever Zenith was referring to. Keep an eye for any suspicious activity around the area."

"What about me?" Emerald was waiting for Lala's order.

"You should go and and find Nis. They could be somewhere at the other area. Go and get Raven to help you."

"As soon as possible!" Emerald immediately ran to her mission.

"In the meantime, Helena and I will get Lailah and see if we can find out something about the strange signal. Now get going!"

"But Lala..." I tried to talk to her but...

"Come on, Diane. " Lilith pulled my arm. "There's no time to lose. You'll get to see Lala soon enough. Come on!"

I tried to hold back from Lilith's pull but Lilith then began to sprout out a demonic looking wing behind her back. She levitates and dragged up to the air.

"What the hell is this? Why do you have that weird wings?!"

"Can you at least calm yourself down for at least a second, Diane? Jeez..." She then explained, "It's part of my ability. I'll tell you about it later."

I really did not expect something like this could happen to us on such a wonderful day. I was just happily hanging out with my 'bestie' Lala, but now this... terrible... triple... trouble? What ever this is, it just ruined my day. Now I have to help out the only guy in our group. This situation is basically youth gone wild in my opinion.

"Hey, chill out, Diane. The Prince is waiting for us, you know."

"Oh yes. The Prince!" I immediately shifted my mood after that.

I decided to give the benefit of a doubt and see whether the search for White and The Prince would be worthwhile or not. If it's not though, at least I still get to see The Prince glistening face.

TO BE CONTINUED