Chapter 3.11 - White - Yumiko's Boss

We were able to get away from the bounty hunters thanks to Yumiko's quick thinking. She told me that would be on our way towards her boss's place. I didn't knew that Yumiko would have another boss besides Vatherion or Kitsuneki. Just how many bosses she has? Then again, my question was immediately solved right after I asked her.

"Who is this 'boss' of yours?" I asked.

She replied, "He's not really my boss. I just call him 'Boss'. He's more of a...a teacher of some sort."

"A teacher...What did he teach you?"

"It's nothing that important. Just a few ways on how to understand the business around here."

"I see. So where are we heading exactly?"

She placed her index finger to her mouth, signalizing me to stay quiet. We hid near the wall as we were approaching the street.

"We're heading to Boss's home."

"Are you sure he's going to be there?"

"If he's not there then the least we can do is wait for him there."

"Alright then. After you."

Once the coast was clear, we made a quick run through the street and entered another alleyway as fast as we could. It felt like going through a maze when we were walking along these alleyways especially with the alleyways being so tight.

"So what's the deal with that girl, White?" Whispered Yumiko.

I whispered back to her, "You mean, Fitz?"

"Yeah. Whatever her real name is."

I explained to her, "She's a friend from high school. We used to look for lost pets."

"Lost pets, huh. That doesn't so too different than what she's doing right now. Both jobs have a poster being plastered all over a place."

"I guess so."

"So, have she killed before?"

"From what she told me today. She haven't killed anyone yet. She only captures her bounty alive."

"That sounds impressive for a girl of her size."

I was bit confused over Yumiko's level of tolerance, "Have you always been like this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Having a proper conversation instead of riling up someone."

"I can handle normal conversation, White. It's you who couldn't hold a conversation."

That made me swallowed my saliva. The fact that she knows that I know that I couldn't hold a proper conversation without it being anything that I'm interested at. Plus, most of the things I'm interested at are pretty niche. That's just how it is for an introvert like me, I guess.

"We're almost there." Yumiko whispered to me as she looks around the surrounding area.

After crawling through a hole on one of the fences nearby, we've finally reached our destination. To me, it doesn't really look like a house as it is more of a shelter of some sort. The shelter was 100% made out of recyclable objects.

"This place looks...cool."

Yumiko then proudly said, "I know right? That guy is pretty good at his handiwork that's for sure. He loves collecting all these old junk."

Then I saw something and said, "And it looks like its not just junk. But there's also treasures here."

"Another man's junk is another man's treasure." A mysterious manly voice suddenly appeared from above us.

A tall manly figure was squatting on top of the roof. He was holding a wrench on his left hand and a cigar on the other. He was smoking the cigar, of course.

"And who are you?" asked the mysterious guy.

"Stop intimidating the small guy, Boss. It's me." Yumiko then helped me out.

He then said in a surprising manner, "My god. You're still alive, little girl." He then jumped down from the roof.

"It's good to see you, Boss."

"Welcome back, Yumiko!" The guy then gave her a welcoming hug. "So who's this fella you brought? Your boyfriend?"

Yumiko shoved her boss and said, "As of today, he's an accomplice. But for all this time, he's just a boy from where I study right now."

"So you continued your study haven't you. That's great." The guy then handed out his hand toward me, "I used to have a real name but people call me Boss nowadays."

I shake his hand and introduced myself, "I'm Cyclone White...a friend of Yumiko."

"Cyclone? Now that's a name I haven't heard for quite a long time."

"Um, Cyclone isn't my name. That's my family name. I'm just White."

"Your family name. Hmm." Boss then takes whiff off his cigar and blew a huge cloud of smoke away from us. "Anyway, thanks for taking care of her all this time, White."

"Taking care of her?" I made an awkward smile and said, "I guess so..."

As I said that, flashes of memory from the past begins to roll through my mind. All of the memories of Yumiko sabotaging me and whatnot. I really hate her...

Yumiko then said, "Yeah. He really is a good accomplice, to say the least..."

Then I also remembered our times at Nihon. When we saved her from the grasp of Kitsuneki's chaos. I guess she kind of starting to tolerate some things with me. But she still makes my gut feels weird as always. So that's one thing.

"So why do you came back, Yumiko?" asked Boss.

She then replied, "We need your help, Boss."

"Well, I assumed that's what you would say. Wait here while I pack things up over here."

Then I asked him, "Where are we going?"

Boss throws away his cigar and wore a pair of sunglasses and said, "We're going to the management of this city. Eveiht's Trading Association."

TO BE CONTINUED