Chapter 3.30 - White - Fire's of The Faithful Phoenix

As I have explained a few moments ago, Zenith doesn't seem to be in a rough spot at all considering that Seth's blue fire was near her face. Does she have something up her sleeve? I've considered that she might be about to use her second unique ability. For clarification, not many wizards could have two unique ability. Those who have are quite a specimen. As far as I know, the only wizards that has two unique abilities are those who have ate an Infinitum Crystal that was made by a dragon when they are at their last breath.

In Zenith's case, it's quite different. Looking back at it, she was cursed by the Snow Phoenix way back when she was very young. It even made her personality became cold and distant. Without noticing it herself, she have been using the Snow Phoenix's ability which was manipulating snow and made the entire state a cold sudden winter. The cold winter came to a halt when one of my best friend, Hosuke and I came to help her out. How was that possible? Originally, Zenith's case was actually based on a fairy tale book that was apparently based on her exact problem. We got help from our teacher and got into the fairy tale book and saved her there. We kinda changed the books content in a way. And since the book was based on real life events, it even changed whatever happened in the real life version. And so, Zenith was able to stop the cold winter but her curse was still apparent. It was only suppressed after I found out that she ate a random Infinitum Crystal made from a dragon.

Having said all of that, she could control the Snow Phoenix's curse but it was then removed after our adventures at Nihon a few months ago. So that leaves her with an empty shell of her old self. But since she already ate an Infinitum Crystal, her supposed ability should have started appearing by now. From the looks of it she might have already know how to use both of her new ability in such a quick time. If I remember correctly, It wasn't until I had a seven month gap between receiving my first ability, Pause and my second ability, Blink.

Which brings us back to tonight where Zenith might be unveiling her second ability to me and Yumiko. That's what we would expect, but it wasn't what happened.

"Wait a minute." Seth was feeling a bit weird. "Why does it feel hot around here? It's not summer isn't it?"

Dean responded, "No, I don't think so. But perhaps you should take a closer look to your hostage."

"What?" Seth then finally realized.

Zenith's entire body was no longer there, in fact, here entire body was now in flames. It was as if she just turned into fire itself. Seth immediately ran away from the fire together with Dean as there was more fire that was near him instead of the small blue fire on his hand. You see, they are only immune to their own magic. So that's why he can still feel the heat if he hasn't used some kind of heat absorption technique. The large body of fire then jumped down from the vantage point and landed near us. It then withers away as it reveals Zenith who had turned herself into pure fire element.

Zenith then said to me confidently, "You look disappointed, White. I'll tell you a secret. I still don't know what's my other ability. But I still can do this."

In just a single sentence. All my answers were answered. So she have learned how to manipulate fire. If I have to guess, she might have immediately trained herself together with her family at her home during the semester break. I know I would do the same, that's how I improve myself. Besides, being from a family of wizard smiths, she would definitely need to know how to manipulate fire.

"I figured as much." said Yumiko. "It's only been a few months since you came to your senses. It might take a while until you get to know what's coming for you."

I got curious on what Yumiko had said, "How do you know about that?"

"I'm used to be on the enemy side, remember? I'm very close to my old master."

Then I jokingly said, "And you're still saying he is your master after that happened?"

To which Yumiko replied, "It's called being faithful, White. You should know a thing or two about that." She looked at me seriously. She wasn't fooling around with her words.

"Faithful..."

"I've heard..." Zenith was trying to say something, "I've heard from Rose that I used to call you Master when we met last semester. Perhaps that's what Yumiko was talking about."

"But...you're different now. You shouldn't start calling me Master now. We already settled with this thing a few times before your curse was gone."

"But you've only settled it with the old Zenith. And this Zenith right here won't be calling you master. But she will still remain to be faithful to her partner. Because this is what she wanted..." Around the last few sentences of her words, she wasn't looking at me directly as she said that.

I think both of them were right. Although, Zenith was no longer the cold and distant Snow Phoenix I used to know. Deep down she's still the girl named Zenith that I cared about. But not just any girl. She has reborn herself, just like a real phoenix. She's what I'd call, The Faithful Flaming Phoenix. Now that's a title that will definitely stick.

With that being said, we've noticed that Seth and Dean had ran away into the gold depository where Silverbite had already went to before the fight. That will be where we will go next. There's no more place to run for them. This ends now.

TO BE CONTINUED