Chapter 3.20 - Fitz - Golds & Greed

After figuring out that Silverbite was in fact a Champion of Chaos, I decided that it was best for me to tell the news to White as soon as possible. Once I was done with my story, White can finally assume the worse case scenario. Whatever he meant by that, I was prepared.

"So, what now?" I asked him. "What's our next move?"

White remained calm and said, "We still don't know what his actual plan is. Plus, he did say that he still has one last duty from his 'teacher'. I assume this teacher is the same teacher as the other champions."

"Do you know who is this 'teacher'?"

He shake his head and told me, "I don't know him. But all I know was that apparently every time there is a champion, there will be a Chaos Beast being summoned.

"A Chaos Beast? You mean something like The Ravenous Hydra that we fought back then?"

"Yes. But in order for us to know what will be the method to summoning said beast, we would have to find it out ourselves. Perhaps we have to know from Silverbite directly. But that will definitely paint a target on us."

"Big deal, White. You are already a big target to him from what I heard. He really wanted the gold from the looks of it."

"Gold...why would he need the gold anyway...It's not like he can buy his way into getting a legendary beast, right?"

"Even if that was his plan, I don't think that most of the rare beast being sold is the same level as the beast you guys fought before."

White scratches his head, "I really don't know what's his next move. This is difficult. Our only clue right now is that he needed gold. We can't really do anything about that."

We were at a lost. We don't seem to have any other solution to solve our problem.

I stood up and said, "Perhaps, it's time for me to go outside and take a lookout again. Who knows, I might just find the answer. In the meantime, our only leads is probably the animal section of the city. I'll go there and have a look."

"Alright then. Stay safe, Fitz."

And so, I set out and departed. Once I finally reached the animal section of the city, I noticed that today was a busy day. It wasn't like any other day from the looks of it. Usually, the animal section would be less busy than the normal market area because of how luxury most of these things are. But, it's not like most of these people are going to buy anything here. I saw a bunch of workers running all over the place.

I stopped one of them and asked, "Hey, you guys seemed busy. What's going on?"

"Don't you know?"

"Know what?"

"The Blood Moon is coming." said the worker.

I actually don't know what he meant, "The Blood Moon? What is that?"

"Well basically, it is a lunar eclipse. Not solar eclipse or a normal full moon."

"...It's not even a crescent moon, right?"

"Yes." The worker then explained to me, "It's a phenomenon when our planet casts a shadow on a full moon. During that time, all species of animals will be affected by the Blood Moon. Some will be enraged, some will be filled with a desire to procreate, and some even will go insane to the point that they would destroy everything near them, including their own kin."

I gulped and said, "That sounds...terrible. So what are you guys gonna do about the animals over here?"

"As a preparation for the Blood Moon, we will separate all of the animals from each other. We will enforce their cage to the most highest possible enforcement we could do. We can't let any of our prized animals go on a rage in this city. Especially this city."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You should know yourself, lady. This city is filled with bounty hunters from all over the country. I'm sure they will immediately capture those raging animals."

"What good of it if they captured them anyway?"

The worker shake his head and said,"Are you stupid? People like you will just capture our rare animals and turn it into a hostile situation. They will be asking for money in return of capturing the animals. We won't get profit from that!"

"I see..."

The worker then added, "You bounty hunters would do anything just to make a profit. You guys are like a hungry pack of wolves or something. Why are you guys even called bounty hunters when you also accept a bunch of other odd jobs. You guys are more like mercenary to me."

I didn't say anything even though he kinda offended me and the rest of us.

The worker continued, "No. You guys aren't mercenaries...You guys are worse than that...You guys are pigs!"

All of a sudden, I smacked his face with my fist.

"Hey! What was that for?" The worker was trying to get up as he said that.

"You think we are pigs? I don't think we are pigs, actually. Just like you said earlier, we are more like wolves. We are desperate. We will do anything to put food on our table. We will do anything to raise our family. We will even kill just for all of that!"

The worker was trembling in fear as I pointed a sharp knife to his throat.

"I think...you guys are the pigs here...I mean, you swine people with all of your illegal wares. You lie to them of its real price just to make a profit. You guys would do anything just for the touch of gold! You pigs are just as greedy as us wolves!"

I calmed down and placed back my knife to its pocket and left him.

Before he was too far away from me, I added, "Remember, you guys are just pigs while we are wolves. And do you know what wolves eat?"

The worker screamed in fear and ran away from me. Everyone else that saw us was also in fear of my words. They carefully continued with their work as I continued my investigation.

Now that the worker mentioned about us taking on odd jobs, I kind of remembered that I'm supposed to find someone that wears a hood and a weird looking mask. It couldn't be Silverbite, his mask was different. I forgot to tell White that this guy ran away from a trade deal and betrayed the people that requested me to do this. And the last time I remember someone being a traitor to a certain organization here is...Yumiko...

TO BE CONTINUED