Chapter 3.12 - Yumiko - The Trading Association

I didn't know that I would end up meeting him again. Honestly, I don't really wanted to see him again. There is a reason why I don't want to. It's mostly what happened in the past but that's already years ago. Does he still remember what happened? I can't tell for sure. But I had to go to the only person I trust in this city as my last resort. And that was Boss. Well, I trust him. But does he trust me?

"Enough dilly dallying, you two. Let's go." Boss was ready.

"Alright, sir." White was ready as well. "Yumiko, you ready?"

"Hold on. I'm still trying to wear this disguise..."

I got out of Boss's home and revealed my disguise to White and Boss. It's nothing notable. I only wore a one piece dress as well as some inner for both of my arms. I also tied up my hair just a bit so that it doesn't look like my daily hairstyle. I made sure that both of my flintlock can be hidden inside the one piece's pocket and nodded to myself.

"I'm ready."

Boss then said, "Follow me, then. I'll lead you guys to The Trading Association."

I was kind of hoping that someone would compliment me out of habit but apparently nobody was talking ever since we were on our way to the next location. I guess I got used to life in Infinity Academy. Violet would definitely compliment for sure but I'm not wasting my time and energy to summon her right now. Besides, it will only blow my cover with how much of a loudmouth Violet was. Better be safe for the time being. Please forgive me, Violet.

We went through the city through the usage of the alleyway just like how we got to Boss's place and in just a few minutes after that, we have finally reached The Trading Association. The building was huge. It was the only building that had a proper concrete material in the city. It's also happens to be the second most crowded place in this city next to the market area.

"What is this place?" asked White.

Boss explained to him, "This fine establishment is where all business concerning Eveiht's concern will be handled."

"So this place also has its own law..."

"Not exactly. It isn't handled by the government. It's mostly handled by the biggest gang around here, The Fox Gang."

"The Fox Gang...so they still exist to this day, huh?" I noticed something that still hasn't changed from the past.

"And they are more powerful than ever today."

"So what are we doing here exactly?" White asked Boss.

Boss then told us, "You guys stay in the lobby here while I go and get someone who can help you guys with your problem."

"And who would that be?" I asked.

He then responded, "Just someone who can lead you out of this city."

"Is that so?"

"Well then, just wait here, okay?" Boss gave us a thumbs up and and went into the building.

We looked around the exterior of the building and noticed that a lot of people were coming in and out of the building. Looks like The Fox Gang has been quite busy for the past few years.

"Hey, Yumiko." White suddenly decides to talk to me.

"What is it, dimwit?"

White looked at me with disgust and ignored my remark and asked, "You said that you've been here before and that you know about this Fox Gang, right?"

"Yes. Is something wrong?"

"Can you tell me anything about this gang?"

I sighed and told him, "You won't be able to take them down."

"What? I never said I wanted to take them down. Wait...Those are guys are bad people?"

"For a bookworm like you, you can't figure that out? This place is corrupted, just like any place are, White. And the head of this city is The Fox Gang."

"They control everything around here, huh?"

I nodded and said, "Yup. Those guys had it hard in the past but it looks like they are now controlling the city like an iron fist."

"You sound like you know them very well." White was quick to notice that.

"I do know them. I had an encounter with them."

"What kind of encounter?"

"Not the good kind of encounter..." I told him.

"What happened?"

"It was just business as usual until something happened during one of the trading session. At the time, it just so happens that we were trying to trade a rare item and just like any other crazy shenanigans, and fight would break out."

"Is it because of you, Yumiko?"

"It's not exactly like that. I just stole the item and ran away."

White begins to understand the situation and figured out, "Wait, So you were friends with The Fox Gang but during some kind of shenanigans, you betrayed them. Is that what happened?"

I sighed and agreed, "Yup."

"I see. No wonder you were a bit different once Boss told us about the gang controlling this city."

"That's another thing that was concerning me, White."

"What is that?"

"Boss is an associate to The Fox Gang. He does a lot of contract work from them."

"So they trust him, right? We will get out of here, then."

I shake my head and said, "No, that's not it. It's just that it has been years since I left him and I gut instinct tells me that something is not right."

Then, as tallied by what I had just said, Boss appeared alongside a group of people besides him.

"There they are. Go on, fellas. Take them away."

I knew it. I knew I shouldn't have went to Boss even though this would have been my only chance of getting out of here. Of course he would be working with The Fox Gang. It is more likely that he might have become a part of the gang after all these years.

"White. We need to get away from this place at once. We've been lied to by Boss!"

"Damn it. We're running again, huh?"

"Follow me and don't stray too far. I don't want my slave being captured by those fools. Only I can do that."

White snickered and said, "Sure thing..."

And so, begins another chase sequence in the city of Eveiht. To make matters worse, I'm now wearing a one piece dress. I just hope this dress won't be a burden to me. I just got this dress recently...

TO BE CONTINUED