Chapter 4.23 - Raven - Hold The Line

So we just chased away a couple of suspicious looking fellow and apparently Emerald just found out about Nis's crazy ability. After that, we made our way to the rooftop of the building to find out that Princess Sonata was standing near the edge of the roof. We really didn't know what was she thinking but Emerald has already considered the possibility as she immediately ran toward her and grabbed her hand.

"Princess, no!" shouted Emerald.

The Princess was shook as she replied, "What are you doing? Let me go at once!"

"No, Princess. No! Don't do whatever you are trying to do."

"Let me go this instance! I don't want to live like this anymore!" Princess Sonata was serious.

Nis then talked to to me as we continued to observe the situation, "Is The Princess trying to commit suicide?"

"I thought you knew that when you brought her here?"

Nis shakes her head and said, "The Princess immediately asked me to leave right after I brought her here. I thought she just wanted some privacy."

"Well who doesn't want any privacy when they are trying to kill themselves." I told her.

As the situation was getting tense with The Princess attempting to commit suicide, one my birds, this time a pigeon suddenly landed on my shoulder. It talked to me in its own language and told me that the suspicious people are coming back. They apparently trying to kidnap The Princess and make her a hostage. So they are just bandits, apparently. I guess it's one way to to wear something less suspicious than a set of leather armor. Their aren't even professional for goodness sake. But how do they get the information of Princess Sonata being here in this academy today. Now that's a mystery that needs to be solved. So I asked my pigeons to do exactly that.

In the meantime, Emerald continues to try to convince Princess Sonata not to commit suicide

"Like I said, Princess. It ain't worth it. There's still so much to do in life."

Princess Sonata was crying, "I've had enough of this. I just want to live freely and not be forced into this royalty thingy. I never wanted to marry him at all. I don't know Medley at all."

"Hold it right there, Princess." Nis approached her and said, "Do you hate Prince Medley so much?"

"Well...not really. I don't hate him. I just don't want to be forced to marry him."

Nis then nodded and told her, "I see. So you just don't know who he is. Your main gripe right now is concerning your freedom and how your parents are forcing you to do something you are not ready yet. Am I right?"

The Princess was still crying as she sniffs in her runny nose, "Yes. I never asked for this..."

"Even though I don't have a lot experience in marriage, I do know some of these things through third person perspective." Nis carefully approached her. "Emerald, get her away from the edge."

Then, a raven of mine suddenly appeared and made a report to me.

I told everyone after understanding what my crow had just said that, "Those guys are coming back. I'm heading downstairs."

Nis then told Emerald, "Emmy, you go and help Raven. I'll talk with Princess Sonata."

Emerald nodded and followed me downstairs as we await for the bandits to return. While we do that, Nis tries to convince Princess Sonata with everything she has in her knowledge.

"How does a girl like that could know something about marriage, anyway?" Emerald was wondering about Nis.

I shrugged and replied, "Beats me. That girl is full of surprise if you ask me. The next thing we know, she might have some feelings with one of the boys in our class. And all of the boys are weirdos."

"They are? I never realized that."

Then I told her, "That's because you've been focusing a lot on your best friend, Helena."

Emerald responded to that, "You don't need to patronize me with that, Raven. Does this even concern White as well? He doesn't look like a weirdo at all."

"Oh believe me, he is a weirdo. In fact everyone in our class is. Just like I am a weirdo. A bird loving weirdo. Even you are a weirdo."

"I see..." Emerald was confused, "I guess we just end up getting used to all of these unique things we have with each other very quick."

"Yeah, our class are kinda like a social outclass or something. But I don't care, I still love my birds."

"Yeah. You're right on that one, sister." Emerald brought out her EMA, a sabre type, from her Dimensional Bag.

"That's a nice looking sword you got there, Emerald." I complimented her sabre EMA.

"That's only one of them, though." Then she proceeds to grab another sword from her Dimensional Bag. And another.

I was amazed and confused, "How many do you intend to use? Can you even carry all of them?"

"I don't need to, Raven. It floats with me." She said that as her swords began floating behind her.

I gotta admit, she looked like a badass with those floating swords behind her.

"How do you do that? Is it your ability?" I asked.

She told me, "It is, but it isn't."

"What does that mean?"

She simply told me, "You see these crystals on the hilt of these swords? It has something to do with it. But I can't spare you the details right now considering what's in front of us..."

The bandits had arrived just in time before Emerald could explain her crystal related ability.

TO BE CONTINUE