Chapter 3.21 - Yumiko - Outfoxed

I finally decided to confront The Fox Gang and put an end to this 'conflict' that I'm in. It didn't took too long for me to reach the building where Boss showed me yesterday. It was only possible because of the disguise I put on using the Disguise Bullet that I got yesterday. I also bought a few other new bullet types from the shop but I still don't have the opportunity to use it yet at the moment.

In the meantime, I was able to get inside the building without any problem at all thanks to the disguise. I hate to admit it but, disguising as Zenith, which was one of the person I don't like seemed to be working against these idiots. They don't even give a damn about me coming in here.

"Hey, Yumiko..." Violet whispered to me.

"Don't call me that over here, Violet." I warned her. "They'll find out and take both of us out. We don't want that to happen. Got it?"

She nodded.

"Good. Now come, we need to get access to the floor above without them noticing us."

"How will that work, though?" She asked.

I explained to her my plan, "We find one of the higher ranking people working in this building and steal their ID card. If you are worried about the cameras, don't be. I got it handled."

"What are you gonna do with the camera?"

We walked toward a secluded area as I pulled out my flintlock and shot myself with a Clone Bulet.. Thankfully, no one noticed the noise my flintlock made as the noise was covered up by Violet's ability to control water and blocked the sound around us for a second.

"Interesting..." I looked at the clone that I've just summoned and said, "Even my clone is disguising as Zenith."

"Buying that bullet was definitely worth it, sis."

But then I got disappointed and said, "But still, why did I even bother disguising as her anyway? Now it feels like I'm really next to her..."

As we were about to make a move, a worker with an ID tag happens to walk by us. With that, Violet swiftly dragged the guy and knocked him out with her water ability.

"That was unnecessary, Violet..." Both of me said it at the same time.

"What? But I thought you need the ID tag?"

Both me and my clone then said, "Steal. I said steal it. Not rob it."

"Oh, sorry about that." She nervously laughed it off.

Putting that aside, we decided that it was best if we split up while one of us take the ID tag and use it to get to the top floor.

"You think I would be fooled by your measly disguise, Yumiko?" All of a sudden, Boss's voice was heard blaring from the intercom of the main area.

"What? It can't be. How did he find out?"

"You must be wondering how was I able to detect your disguise. It's quite simple." Boss then explained to me, "All I need to do was just look back at the transaction history on all of the store in this city had made. Surprisingly enough, someone did buy a Disguise Bullet. But we couldn't know who it was as there was never a name stated like most store does."

"So how do you guys figure it out then?"

"That's easy."

As he said that, a bunch of members of The Fox Gang including the security of the building began to surround me. Thankfully, Violet wasn't caught in the act considering that she was not Zenith.

"You even made a clone of yourself just to confuse us. But it was too late. Wanna know why, Yumiko?"

"Why?" I wondered.

He then explained, "The bullet you bought was a product that our gang made. We had a tracking system inside each bullet that we made. Why you ask? It's for insurance. It is just how business work, Yumiko."

I laughed and said, "Funny. You dare to put a tracking device on all of your products just for insurance sake. I got a feeling that it isn't a insurance for the user. But an insurance that The Fox Gang won't be defeated by the law."

"It's just business, Yumiko."

"I didn't know that a gang of ruffians would be smart enough to handle a company."

"Well what can I say, Yumiko? I think you've been outfoxed by your own teacher. That just show that you haven't learned enough from me. Now be nice and turn yourself in and give us back what you stole years ago..."

To be honest, I would have given him already but that won't happen because I already traded the thing that they wanted for a material that I needed in order to create The Moon Catcher. So that's a bust. But he dare thinks that he have outfoxed me? Too bad for him...

Then suddenly one of us said, "I think Yumiko has finished what she's looking for."

Then the other one said, "Is she safe?"

The first one nodded as she begins to disintegrate into a spirit and flies away from the building. That was apparently Violet disguising as me who was disguising as Zenith. As Violet had agreed to, I was already at a safe location. All that's left inside the building was the clone that I made.

The clone of mine then told Boss, "Hey, Boss. The real Yumiko sends her regards." She said that as she started to dissolve into nothingness.

I was already outside of the building by the time anyone realizes the situation. I could hear Boss's voice shouting orders left and right from his intercom.

I laughed and said, "And that's what I call...outfoxed."

But, before I was able to get away however...

"Now why would a little girl stand on top of a building over here?" It was Fitz.

She probably still don't know that it was me but she was already began to grow suspicious of my behaviour. I got away with one problem. Now I got myself into another problem...Jeez...

TO BE CONTINUED

Infinitum Crystals - The Deadly Maidens [3]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें