Chapter 4.31 - Lala - Beat It

"What do we do now, Lala?" asked Emerald right after little Recordia just told us about Zenith's situation.

We've just finished settling a number of different problems just a few minutes ago. Everyone had gathered. Except for Zenith. To our surprise, Recordia, White's little fairy told us about what happened to Zenith. She's in big trouble from what Recordia had told us.

After some consideration, I told everyone, "Alright listen up. We don't know exactly what kind of problem Zenith could be in and we still have to keep an eye on Princess Sonata and Prince Medley. It could just be a distraction so I suggest that everyone except White and I go to where Zenith is. Everyone else take care of the perimeter. Got it?"

Everyone nodded and said, "Got it."

"Lead the way, Recordia. Come on, White." I stretched a few of my muscles. "Your princess is apparently in another castle."

White then sighed and replied, "She ain't my princess, darn it."

After that, we followed Recordia to wherever Zenith was. Along the way, we happen to notice that the rain had just begun. I weren't able to discuss with White about what might happen to Zenith because of the rain. And so, once we finally reached the location, we saw a tower, proudly stood on top of the hill that was near to our campus.

"Another of this tower, huh..." White seemed to be familiar with the tower.

I asked him, "Have you seen this tower before?"

He then unwillingly said, "It looks very similar to the one that I saw during my final high school year. It's the same design...It can't be..."

"What do you know about this tower, White?"

White shakes his head and told me, "I don't really know the specifics. But I can tell you one thing. This tower used to belong to a very chaotic person."

"But you beat them already, right?"

He nodded, "Yeah. My old team, Team Stardust beat him. It took a huge sacrifice to bring back everything to normal."

"What do you mean by that White?"

As I was about to get some answers from White, a loud roar can be heard from within the tower.

"What was that, White?" I asked him.

"That roar...it's a dragon's roar." White was confident with his answer.

The dragon's roar continued to make its noises heard to the sky. We don't really know if the people at our campus could hear it but I could tell that they were still listening to Yumiko's singing.

"Mama is nearby..." Recordia suddenly said that.

She must be referring to Zenith. I assumed that she would probably be inside the tower. Suddenly, as foretold by White, a dragon suddenly burst out from the tower. The dragon had a black and white scale on it. It looked so bizarre than the ones I've read in the books where most of it were only single coloured. A multicoloured dragon is very rare for a species that was assumed to be nonexistent these days. But apparently the dragons are back...

I commented about the dragon, "A dragon, huh. And here I thought I was done with dragons today."

"What are you talking about, Lala?" White was confused.

I wanted to explain to him but then the black and white dragon immediately flew its way toward both of us. We were able to roll it away from its huge jaw.

"Oh my goodness..." Lala was surprised, "Didn't expect it to go toward us immediately."

Then we heard a laugh from the entrance of the tower. From there, a person in a gentleman suit appeared. He was also wearing a half mask that partially covered his face.

"So you've finally come, Cyclone White and Lala Magnetite..."

White then whispered to Recordia, "Recordia, hide somewhere safe."

"Yes, papa." nodded Recordia.

"And stop calling me that. That was just a joke that Yumiko made."

In any case, this suspicious fellow was apparently the one responsible for what was going on with the current situation.

I asked for information, "Who are you?"

"Let's just get this over with!" He immediately raised his arm as a bunch of bombs that appeared from within the tower flew towards us.

"Dymenshne! Shield!" I punched the air as the air 'breaks' the reality in front of me.

Eventhough that's what happened in most eyes. It was actually just an effect that Dymenshne does every time he was summoned."

Dymenshne successfully protected both of us from the explosion that we were about to get caught on.

"I am a Chaos Champion, The Maestro, Lord Crescendo!" He then used his magic to make the bricks on the tower to be separated and flew towards Dymenshne's shield.

White then told me, "We can't beat him like this!"

Then I told him, "We have to take out the dragon first, I think. Just beat it!"

Then surprisingly, the barrage of bricks stopped.

Lord Crescendo then said, "Oh. You guys are so willing to defeat that thing, huh? I'm surprised..."

"What do you mean?" White was dumbfounded after hearing that.

"What do I mean?" Lord Crescendo laughed, "Do you realize that there isn't just one dragon over here? But three of them. Two of them happens to be not awakened yet..."

"Awakened..." White suddenly got nervous.

"What's going on, White?!" I asked him.

He then told me, "That black and white dragon...is Zenith!"

TO BE CONTINUED