Chapter 3.13 - Yumiko - The Fox Gang

After realizing that trusting Boss was not a good idea at all, both White and I found ourselves being chased by members of The Fox Gang. That wasn't the worst thing, it was the fact that I'm wearing some one piece dress that I just got recently. I don't really had intention of wearing the outfit when running away from a bunch of rowdy ragtag of buffoons. I can't even use my Portal Bullet. Because if I do, The Fox Gang will use their database to find out where did I go to with the portal I made. It's just some big spell that they have made all across Eveiht that enables them to record any types of transportation magic into their database.

"I can't believe we're running away again." White decided that it was a good time to talk.

I replied to him, "Let's not do this now, idiot."

We ran around until all of a sudden we saw a blockade coming right in front of us. The blockade was filled with members of The Fox Gang. We decided to make a detour by using one of the alleyways that was next to us. Even after circling around the alleyways, The Fox Gang repeatedly appear at every exit of the alleyways.

"This guys are everywhere..." I told White.

White looked up and said, "Let's climb the pipe."

"And ruin my dress?"

"Is this the time to think about your dress, Yumiko?"

I quickly responded to him by saying, "I just got this dress a few days ago and I have no intention of making it dirty."

White then sighed, "Oh how I wish I brought Recordia over this mess...she would be able to help with this kind of problem."

"Now that you mention it, where is that little critter?"

"She's all alone at my room looking up for something that I asked this morning. It's going to take a while before she wakes up from her information gathering."

I shake my head and told him, "Listen, White. You really should start upgrading your fairy specs...It will save a life..."

"Why are we even talking about this? We need to get out of this!" White snaps us back to the main problem. "Come on, you don't have time to think about your dress."

"No!"

White sighed and said, "Fine. I'll just have to force you then..."

"Wait. What are you doing, idiot?"

White begins to focus his mind as he stared at me. I'm a bit scared at what was about to happen to me. And before I know it, we were already at the rooftop.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I used Blink and got us up here."

I got confused and said, "Why did you do that? They will know our location."

"It's going to take some time for them to reach us at least."

"It's not just The Fox Gang. You're attracting the bounty hunters as well, idiot!"

Rains of arrows started to appear as we quickly hide for cover from the it.

White then said, "How can the bounty hunters know about The Fox Gang's record anyway?"

"It's not all bounty hunters. But some bounty hunters who happens to buy a chirping device that tells them that a living being have used a transportation magic nearby."

"And you didn't tell me about that!"

And before we even realized it, we were surrounded by The Fox Gang. I shouldn't have been arguing with that idiot. We could have escaped. As we were surrounded by the enemy, Boss suddenly appear from behind them.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here..." Boss brought out a wanted poster and begins reading it, "Yumiko Illiana Pavlova. Wanted for betrayal..."

"I'm sure that's not the first time I heard..." White whispered to me his little 'joke'.

"Keep it down, dimwit." I whispered to him back.

Boss then continues, "Let's see here. Besides betrayal. You have also committed the acts of stealing, faking an identity, robbing, and even murder! All of that netting you with a million gold coins just for your head."

"I knew I shouldn't have asked you for help, Boss. You ratted us out!"

"Why would I rat a criminal when I am the big shot around here? I'm the one who should be reporting you guys."

"Wait..." It was then I realized, "You're the leader of The Fox Gang?"

"It is. And it looks like this wanted bounty isn't needed at all considering that you came all by yourself, Yumiko."

"Fuck you." I spitted at his face.

It didn't made him angry as he simply wipes off the spit and ordered his men to capture us. Just as the foxes members were about the grab me, a chain dart struck to the floor right in front of us. It stopped everyone from doing anything.

"I've heard that there's a wanted person over here..." Those words was said from an unknown person.

I looked at the chain dart and followed the chain to see where it lead to and then I saw a guy covering himself with brown clothing as well as a hat from the wild west.

"The Fox Gang, huh? Getting tired of waiting I see. Well then, I'm sorry to say this, partner. But those two are mine."

"Not if I have anything to say about that!" Then all of a sudden a familiar female voice begins to make her entrance. "Those two are mine. I found them first, Silverbite..."

Now we have White's female friend over here as well. And Silverbite? This was definitely not the situation I wanted to be in.

"Fitz..." said White. He then turned to me and asked, "What's going on, Yumiko?"

"I don't know. But it's going to be crazy...On my call, I will grab your hand and you will follow me. Got that?"

"Why should I...?"

I quickly gave him a signal to stay quiet. He unwillingly agreed. With that in mind, I prepared myself to take out my smoke bomb and make a retreat just like I did years ago when I betrayed The Fox Gang...

Here goes nothing...

TO BE CONTINUED