Chapter 4.13 - Lailah - Enter Sandman

To be honest, this wasn't the first time I entered the spiritual realm. In fact, I've been in this realm for a bunch of time together with my sister, Lilith. We sometimes use this realm just to cry out like a loser whenever any one of us lose a fight. But some other times, we would be looking around the realm and learn a few things that we could see floating around us. I can honestly say that I've known the spiritual realm for a very long time and I have seen a lot of thing for years. But, I have never ever see a spirit that look like what was standing in front of Lala was.

"Watch out, Lala. It could be dangerous." I warned her.

She didn't react much however. She doesn't look afraid or alarmed at all.

She simply told us, "It's alright guys. This one is tame."

The spirit that was before us was as tall as a normal room. It's figure was like some sort of a weird looking vase. It had two glowing yellow eyes and it's entire body was only that, a body that was segmented together with its head. It was floating of course. A floating giant vase. It also had two other things that was floating near it. A big hand as well as a shield. This large spirit is tame according to Lala. I wonder why...

Helena was the one who initiated that question, "Do you know that...thing, Lala?"

Lala then explained it to us, "This thing is Dymenshne. He's actually my spirit guardian."

"Dymenshne?" Then I figured something out, "Is this what you have been saying all this time? I thought you were saying dimension as in the space that exist in between. But you've been referring your unique ability to this?"

Lala apologized, "I might have lied to a lot of you whenever I shouted out my unique ability. Yeah, it was never Dimension Break. It was always Dymenshne: Break. The break is simply an order. I could say anything else really..."

"Now I get it." I slowly nodded as I finally understood what happened.

Helena then tried to approach Lala's guardian spirit, "So it's harmless...to us?"

Lala assured her, "It's harmless, unless I say so of course. Dymenshne listens to my order very seriously. He won't do anything dangerous unless I said so."

"So what's exactly your real unique ability called then?" I asked Lala.

"I haven't think of one, really. All I know is that I can summon Dymenshne. But apparently no one can see it in the real world except for me whenever I call for him."

Then I wondered about something, "Do you know anything about Dymenshne's origin? Usually a spirit could be anything from the past

Then I wondered about something, "Do you know anything about Dymenshne's origin? Usually a spirit could be anything from the past."

"You're actually right, Lailah." Lala proceeds to tell us, "Dymenshne is The God of Sands. But that's as far as I know. I don't really know which God of Sands exactly. It never tell me the full extent of that."

"It can talk to you?" asked Helena.

"Only when it wants to. But it has been 10 years. It hasn't said a word since then besides making noises."

Dymenshne then proceeds to make a noise. The noise it made sounded a lot like a rusty gear spinning. I wonder why. But that's really the important part right now as we still have some unfinished business to attend to.

Lala then turned to the pressing matter, "Now that part has been explained...What are these spirits, then?"

As Helena has mentioned earlier in the day, she detected a bunch of strange hostile signals all over the campus. What she was referring to was these spirits. These spirits looked a lot like one of those cartoon ghost. You know, the one that's wearing a white piece of cloth. Except that these guys looked a bit sinister than that and it had an awful looking set of claws.

I told them, "These guys are Lost Spirits."

"Lost Spirits? What is that?" Lala asked.

I explained to them the details. It goes like this, when anyone with an unfinished business die, they will turn into a spirit and transported into the spirit realm. Despite no longer being mortal, there is a time limit for them to keep staying in the spirit realm. If their time limit is up and they fail to fulfill their past unfinished business, they will crumble and turn into a Lost Spirit. A spirit that has become a shell of its former self. It's not alive and its not dead, it was in between of that. But, if a spirit completes whatever was on their business, they will be ascended and granted a passage to either die in peace or live in the spirit realm indefinitely.

After hearing that explanation, Helena was wondering about something, "Hmm...is it like that for Dymenshne?"

Dymenshne simply made a clear gear noise. It wasn't rusty like before. Probably gesturing a positive vibe.

Lala seems to think so as well, "It probably is like that. And considering that it was The God of Sands, I believe it decided to stay in the realm after finishing its last job."

"But why did it decide to be a guardian spirit, though?" I wondered, "Any ascended spirit could wish to become anything they wish."

"We won't know that answer, I guess." Lala looks at her guardian spirit who seemed to be content with its life. "Who knows, it might have made some sort of promise in the past."

Dymenshne made rustic gear noise.

"I guess...it doesn't want to share about that." figured Helena.

"Maybe so." said Lala. She then continued, "Now that we know what are these. Why are they hostile to us?"

I told them, "They aren't usually a lot of Lost Spirits clumping up a whole large space. They were never an army, usually a group or alone."

Lala then suggested, "Perhaps it was attracted by something."

"Perhaps." I agreed to her suggestion, "Maybe we can try and take a look into it."

"If anything..." Lala then added, "We might have to exterminate these Lost Spirits. We don't know why they are doing something that is out of their usual behaviour."

She's right. We can't take too many opportunities like this. Even Dymenshne seemed to be a bit tensed looking at the hundreds of Lost Spirits that was roaming about the campus. Let's see where this one goes...

TO BE CONTINUED