Chapter 3.36 - White - Upcoming Battle

It's already the morning after The Blood Moon. The Traders Guild building was in need of a renovation as well as a new management. It also means that the ones responsible for the mess around Eveiht has been apprehended. The Boss has been sentenced to jail for life for multiple acts of bribery, murder, producing and selling drugs, and many other things that relates to it. Even after the capture of The Boss, the cops decided to only arrest The Boss and The Fox Gang and not to shutdown everything in Eveiht as the government deems it as an official 'commercial' city. It looks like even the government remains to be corrupted as always.

Putting that aside, Yumiko was nowhere to be seen throughout the remains of the night and I've been wondering whether or not she has already gotten out of the city. Besides that, we didn't really kill Silverbite but he was definitely arrested for destruction of property and stealing. Officer Roy had told us all the things that we need to know.

"You've done a good job finding all those proof, young man." Officer Roy complimented me.

To which I replied, "Truth be told. I'm just relaying the message. The one who got it is someone else."

"Oh really? Then who am I suppose to give this honorary badge to then?" Officer Roy was holding a small box in his hand.

"She's probably already gone. I can give it to her when I see her, sir."

"Is that so? Very well. Thank you for your cooperation."

Then, Officer Roy leaves us to our own device.

Fitz arrived and handed me a cup of coffee, "Last night was something, alright."

"I know right. You almost lost your face."

She chuckled and said, "Almost is an exaggeration, I think. I was bleeding crimson red."

"Oh yeah. I thought your face was filled with holes or something. How did you end up managing that blood lost and still being able to fight?"

Fitz then told me, "Oh that? It's all on Zenith. She healed me in the most unexpected ways."

"What do you mean?"

Zenith then suddenly appears alongside Recordia who was floating next to her, "I burned her face."

"Excuse me?" I made sure I didn't mistake for what she just said.

But Zenith reassures, "Yes. I burned her face. Not all of 'em, of course. Only the parts where the claw marks were on. It's a very unconventional way to heal a claw mark but the result was a complete blood lost stoppage."

Fitz shrugged it off by saying, "It really hurt a lot and you kinda gave me a permanent claw mark of sorts. Now I look like a real bounty hunter...I guess we're even."

"Hey, what are you going to do after this? Don't you think you should stop hunting down peoples?"

Fitz then said, "Well, since I can't do that in this city anymore. Perhaps I could become a mercenary of some sorts somewhere else. I could also be a travelling merchant if I wanted to."

"Maybe you can try selling online. I heard that's a good way to garner side income." I suggested to her.

"I'll take that into consideration, White. For now, I'll take a rest after last night. You did well learning those new techniques in such a short time, White."

I tried to do the Spiraling Sphere once again but unfortunately I failed to do so this time.

Fitz then said, "I guess that happens. You were able to copy my techniques because of adrenaline rush. Looks like you have a lot of training to be able to use that sphere."

This would be the point where I would say all's well that ends well but there was some lingering trouble that I couldn't help forgetting about. It was the last few remaining words before Silverbite went fully out cold.

"Watch yourself, Cyclone White. More are coming for you and your friends."

I asked him, "What do you mean, Silverbite? Who is coming? How many of them?"

"The other Chaos Champions, of course. They are in a different league compared to Escher, Vatherion, Kitsuneki and I. The four of us are just the weakest of the bunch. Their encounter will be different."

I sighed and said, "More Chaos Champions...Just how many of you guys in total, anyway?"

"Thirteen. There are thirteen of us. The bottom four is the weakest while the other four is the strongest."

"Wait. But that's not thirteen..that's only eight. What are you talking about?"

"That's because the other five has not been chosen yet."

"Chosen..."

"Be careful, Cyclone White. I couldn't tell who you will face next, but all that the ones that I know of has been quite a drastic difference compared to us four that you've defeated."

"Why do you tell me this?"

"You asked for it before our battle. I gave my answers."

"I see..." He was honorable in the very end. "What about The Eternals that you were talking about...?"

But before I was able to get that answer, Silverbite was already unconscious. I wasn't able to understand what he meant when he said that I have been believing to a lie. Does he meant that The Dragon King isn't The Dragon King or something? These questions continues to make me dizzy as I looked on to the future of what's to come...

TO BE CONTINUED