Chapter 4.19 - Lailah - Helena

Handling a Lost Spirit isn't a difficult task. But when they were several hundreds of them, that's a different story. An entirely different story indeed. And not just that, things became a bit hectic when Lala touched one of the Lost Spirits.

"Lala!" I tried to warn her but it was too late.

The Lost Spirits that Lala just touched suddenly became enraged. It tried to attack Lala with it's sharp claws but Dymenshne quickly reacted and protected her from harm.

I ran to her and explained what happened, "As soon as you touch one of them, they will automatically become hostile to you."

"So it won't stop trying to kill me or something?" assumed Lala.

The same Lost Spirits continued to aimlessly attack Dymenshne as Helena also made her way to us.

Then I replied to her, "We can't really kill a Lost Spirit. But we can however momentarily purify them."

"How does that work?" asked Helena.

I told them the plan, "Luckily, Lala decided to bring me in. Because I think right now I'm the only source of purification that you guys can get."

Helena then said, "So all we have to do is just stay behind?"

"Not exactly, Helena. I can cast a spell that could upgrade most of your abilities with a holy effect on it."

"Holy?" Helena doesn't seem to know what I was talking about.

Lala then answered for me, "Holy is the official name for Lailah's shining bright abilities."

"Oh, I thought it's just called Light." Helena tries her best to understand.

"Unlike Dark, Light is usually the common term." I added, "But the official name for it is actually Holy."

"I see..." Helena nodded.

After that, we ended up deciding to take out the Lost Spirits as soon as we can so that we can help the others. We held our hands together and formed a circle as I channeled in a holy spell that give to those affected a temporary Holy Effect on their own abilities. Once that was over, Lala immediately snapped her finger. Directly after that, Dymenshne quickly grabbed the Lost Spirit and crushed it with it fist. The Lost Spirit imploded and turned into dust.

"Dust?" wondered Lala.

"It's not really dust. It's just the lost spirits particles. You just temporarily purified it. These 'dust' will return to wherever it came from naturally. I assume it's somewhere further from here."

But Lala then wondered, "But we still don't know why are their so many of them..."

As we were thinking of a reason to that question, the other Lost Spirits suddenly made a resounding shriek as if they were communicating with each other. They then turned their heads and sharply looked into our eyes.

Without warning, Lala said, "Shit."

I quickly reacted, "Language, Lala."

"Sorry about that but what do we do now? It seems like this is going to be more work than we thought we could."

"It'll be fine, Lala. We have Helena here." I told Lala as I tapped Helena's back.

She got surprised from that and was flabbergasted by my claim, "W-w-what are you talking about, Lailah? I'm not that useful in this."

"No." I grabbed both of her arms and told her, "You are useful in this situation."

"W-w-what are you t-t-talking about? I'm only useful looking for enemies."

Lala then figured out my intention as she told Helena, "I think what Lailah meant was that your ability could make this easier for us."

"B-but, h-h-how?" Helena was getting more nervous than before.

Lala explained to us, "You can summon toy planes, right? Maybe you can call in warplanes to help us out in this."

"Warplanes? Maybe...that could actually w-w-work..."

"It's going to work, Helena!" I assured her in a very loud voice.

It made her uncomfortable and scared. It was definitely my fault for upsetting her that way. Lala gave me a disappointed look as Dymenshne was protecting us from the Lost Spirits that glared at us a moment ago. I was only able to innocently smile at Lala as she remained with her disappointed look. It really made me feel very bad. It felt like I just disappointed my mother or something. I guess being our Cardinal kinda gives off the same vibe in a way.

Lala then assured Helena, "It's alright Helena. Take a deep breath. You'll be fine."

Helena dutifully listened to Lala as she slowly regained her composure. While Lala was consoling Helena, a Lost Spirit went pass through Dymenshne. I was able to realize it coming through and immediately conjured a holy rope. I captured the Lost Spirit with the rope and took it to a party as I swung the rope all over the place.

Then I ran outside of Dymenshne range so that I could attract some of the Lost Spirits to me. As they were approaching me, I swung the Lost Spirit that I captured into crashed it to the other Lost Spirits. One by one, they turned into 'dust'.

Despite my actions however, I was immediately overwhelmed by the enemy. But I was immediately saved by a small little warplane. I looked at where Dymenshne was and saw Helena trying her best to help. She couldn't really do much until Lala taps her shoulder an gave her reassuring nod.

"You can do it, Helena." I could tell what Lala said from the movement of her mouth.

Helena quickly nodded and held out her right hand as if to signal a salvo.

"SG Radar is detecting multiple hostiles. Fire at will!" shouted Helena.

Behind Helena, a barrage of warplanes can be seen flying into the vicinity. I knew laying it all on Helena was great idea. I just have to remember that Helena is a bit timid. But despite her timid behaviour, I'm sure she has a good heart and she will do her best to help her friend.

TO BE CONTINUED