Chapter 3.5 - White - Officer Roy

I must say, Lala and I really did a good job on the first test. I didn't really do much beside following every single order she said to me. Funnily enough, both of us didn't even bother to use our unique ability at all. Instead we only use our elemental magic. I can't really say I'm a master of the main four elemental like Yumiko. I'm only experienced with using Wind and also the Lightning element. Even with that, I haven't been developing those ability ever since I really needed it back in high school. I really should have prepared well for this. But thankfully enough, it worked out in the end.

"White, can you pass me that glass shard?" Lala asked me from the other side of the room.

"Glass shard?"

"The one that is under the table there."

"Wow. How can you know that without even looking at it?"

She explained briefly to me as she was busy studying something in front of her, "I already saw it the moment we enter the room."

"I see..." I was a bit surprised by her amazing insight.

It has already been 5 minutes into the second test and the test was actually an escape room puzzle. We have to solve a bunch of puzzle that will lead us to the exit of this room. This test doesn't really require magic as its more about using our brain. Plus, it also test our knowledge on basic magic theory.

"Here you go." I gave her the glass shard. "Why do you need the glass shard for that thing on the wall anyway?"

Lala replied, "If you remember before we enter the room. We're not allowed to use our weapons correct?"

"Yes."

"Well, what we are seeing on the wall right now is a piece of leather stuck on a wall. I tried pushing it and apparently the leather might be covering up a hole."

After she told me that, I quickly understood, "Oh so that's why there's a glass shard inside a very clean room like this to begin with. I was wondering why the glass shard was even under the table."

As she was cutting the piece of leather, she told me, "As you said, the glass was too out of place. It's a good thing I kept in mind of its existence from the start. There we go..."

Lala took her hand inside the hidden hole and just like that, we found the key to the exit. We're done for the second test. Next up, the third and the final one.

-

Several minutes into the last test and Lala was already leading me through the obstacle course. She used her earth shattering ability to open up a blocked path by simply punching it.

"White. Throw your dagger at the target over there." She pointed towards where I need to throw. "Make sure to Blink yourself over there as well."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Do it."

I nodded and heeded her request. I did exactly as she told me and I was then hanging at the target as my dagger was struck inside of it.

"What now?"

"Can you see anything from up there?"

I looked around the course and saw a number of trap was set up on the other side of the blockage that Lala had destroyed.

"Traps in front of you. Multiples of them. Maybe we should find another way?"

"No need to White. Come back here and follow my lead."

I obliged as she immediately ran head first into the destroyed blockage.

"Stand behind me, White! You're gonna have to."

As I was running closely behind her, she began activating her unique ability, Dimension Break which from what she told me allows her to literally break the dimension like a piece of glass. It's almost like a similar ability like my Blink except that it is more destructive compared to mine. She used her ability once the traps was activated. She will punch a few centimetre away from the trap and somehow the air she was punching begin to break like a glass. The destructive force she made had completely obliterated all of the traps that was lying in wait for us. And just like that, we made it through the obstacle course. Which brings us to one last thing...

"Congratulations on getting through the course, you two." Officer Roy was waiting for us.

Lala then told him, "It is an honor to be meeting you, officer."

"Wonderful. Very polite. Just what a wizard needs to be. Now let's see if your politeness will work out once I stop you two in your tracks."

"Remember, White. We just need to touch him once. It sounds easy but you know for sure its going to be tough."

"Of course I know that, Lala. So, what's the plan."

She whispered me the details and we both nodded at each other. Both of us ran straight toward Officer Roy. Lala tried to use her earth elemental ability by creating some sharp spires from the sky but the spire was completely destroyed by some sort of shield that was surrounding the officer.

Both of us stopped in our track just as the officer expected.

"That doesn't look like a normal shield spell." Lala observed the shield around Officer Roy.

Then I wondered, "I think that's his unique ability. He's able to write down any sort of sigils, signs and symbols and turn it into a number of different spell..."

"Well done, boy! You are the first one to pinpoint exactly what this shield of mine are." Officer Roy was exhilarate after hearing my deduction. "How were you able to tell this symbol anyway?"

I simply replied, "Well, an old friend of mine used to teach me some of that ancient hand writing. She didn't teach me how to read it though."

"Interesting."

Lala then steps in, "We know what it is. But now we have to find a way to break that thing."

"Perhaps your Dimension Break could work."

"But then he will probably use some sort of spell to get as far away from the shield."

"Don't worry, Lala. I got this covered."

She nodded at me and ran toward the officer. She punched through the dimension in front of her and just as expected the shield was broken. And exactly as Lala said, Officer Roy was already gone. Just as he disappeared, I paused the time for a few seconds and saw him standing behind me. It took me by surprise for a moment but I was only able to pause for a few seconds. I was only able to throw my dagger on the last second but once time had resumed I was blasted away by a flaming burst that was coming from the officer's fist. My dagger also flew away on a different direction.

Officer Roy stood tall in front of me and said, "You have great knowledge but you lack any sort of planning."

"Is that so...Lala!"

Lala rushed in toward my side as she once again literally breaking the air and creating a devastating sound wave vibrations right in front of the officer but the officer was quick to jump away from that destruction. As his feet was about to hit the ground however, I Blink to my dagger that was perfectly placed near where the officer was landing. With that, I quickly made a good work on touching Officer Roy.

"Well I'll be damned. You two did it. You passed the test. You two will surely get a good ranking later."

"Thank you, Officer Roy." Lala thanked him.

Before we left for the exit, Officer Roy stopped us, "Tell me, who are you two?"

"I'm Lala Magnetite. The Cardinal of Magic Studies." Lala introduced herself.

It was then my turn, "And I'm Cyclone White, White is my given name. I am also a part of the Magic Studies class."

"Magic Studies, huh. Wonderful...Well then, I bid you good luck in your future, you two!"

And that was how we passed the Assessment Test. Now that was done, I can finally get out of this campus and go shopping with a friend of mine. I said friend but I'm not really sure if she thinks of me the same way as I do...Yes, I'm talking about Yumiko. So what's up with that anyway?

TO BE CONTINUED