Chapter 3.17 - Yumiko - The Night is Still Young

From what I could tell, I was completely unconscious for quite a long time. When I woke up from my slumber, I noticed that White was already released from his bindings and he was asleep. I also saw that girl, Fitz sleeping on what I think would be her bed. I found out that it was apparently already way past midnight and those two were fast asleep. From the looks of it, both of them were very tired. Not physically, but mentally. I wondered what happened last night. But who cares?

"Violet. Come here." I summoned my familiar.

Violet then swoosh into existence as I called her name.

"It's been a long time, sister!"

"Shush, Violet. People are sleeping. You don't want to wake them up, don't you?"

Violet quickly closed her with both of her mouth as soon as I shushed her.

"Now untie me and don't question what happened. I'll tell you later." I ordered her to release my bindings.

Violet obeyed my command and effortlessly cut off the rope using her sharp high pressure water ability. After that, she got me up and carried me by her shoulder and brought us outside of Fitz's shack. Once we're outside, I shrugged her off and grabbed something from my Dimensional Bag. It was a bullet. A special kind of bullet.

I loaded it into one of my flintlocks and shot myself with it just like when I used the cloning bullet back then. It didn't hurt me physically more than it hurts me mentally because once shot, the bullet went into my head as if I have absorbed it. Once that happened, my physical body began to materialize. My face had changed, my height, my weight and even my voice was changed as well.

What happened was I was using a special bullet that allowed me to disguise as someone else. Why I haven't been doing this before after all this time? It's because I only got this bullet recently earlier today. It was back when I told White to wait for me outside. I actually went inside a store where they make a bunch of long distance armory. They have bullets from all shapes and sizes. But my most favourite part of the store was that I was able to order a custom-made bullet and this Disguise Bullet was one of them.

"Who are you disguising as, sister?" Violet wondered.

I replied to her, "Someone that nobody could clearly notice you."

"You mean someone like White? But you're a girl."

I sighed and said, "Besides him."

"Who?"

"Exactly."

"What?"

I placed both of my hand to my face and told her, "I'm disguising as Zenith. You remember her?"

Violet then finally knows and said, "Oh! Now I remember. That short silver haired girl. Wait a minute..."

"What's wrong?"

"I thought you hate her."

"I...hate her less now?" Apparently, even I was unsure of myself as to why I decided to do that besides thinking of the advantages of disguising as her.

Violet shrugged and said, "If that's what you think then, okay."

"Come on, let's go."

"And where are we going exactly? You know we can't get out of here, right? Not when The Fox Gang could probably guarding the exit of the city."

"Of course not. And I'm not that stupid to remember that they even have security checks just in case someone is faking an identity like I am right now."

"So, where are we going then?" wondered Violet.

I simply told her, "We're going back to that store and get the order I made earlier today."

And so, Violet and I made our way to the same store that I was talking about a few moments ago. As we were on our way there, we noticed that the place was still alive as ever despite it being late after midnight. It was almost like the underworld of Dragonstal, the city that never sleeps. And that's also White's hometown, apparently. I wonder how Dragonstal looks like. I never been there before. Maybe he could tour me around when he have the time. But it probably won't happen considering how much he hate me. No. Despise me.

Once we've arrived and entered the store, I saw a bunch of other customers browsing through the wares provided in the store. Like I said, a bunch of different types of long distance armory. From, bows to guns and missiles to explosions. All in one place.

"Wow, this place is lively at night with all these people." Yumiko expressed what she was feeling of the atmosphere of the store.

"Violet. Can you go get the thing that I ordered at the owner of the store? Just give him this piece of paper and he'll know which one." I handed a receipt to Violet.

While Violet was doing her job, I browsed through the store to see if there's anything to my liking. These guns were all cool and dandy but not a single one of them had the same uniqueness as my flintlocks. These pair of flintlocks was a thing of beauty. It is not like any other flintlock because I could fit in a bunch of different types of bullet. The bullet it couldn't fit was obviously the large ones by the way. Without these two, I won't be who I am today. I won't be Yumiko Illiana Pavlova. I won't be everyone's favourite idol and I will most certainly not be spoiling Cyclone White's day everyday.

"Sister, here's your chain whip." Violet appears and handed me my upgraded chain whip, Moon Catcher. "What now, sister?"

"Now?" I looked at her and confidently told her, "Now we're going to hunt some foxes..."

TO BE CONTINUED