Chapter 4.1 - White - The Magic Studies Classroom

It has been a week since the Eveiht incident and it looks like the wounds that I received has finally been fully healed. I already gave the reward medal that Officer Roy was supposed to give to Yumiko. What was her feeling when she got it from me? She was disgusted by it. She immediately threw it away to the ground. I wasn't very surprised at what she had done. I decided to simply keep it for myself until she feel like she can accept it wholeheartedly. I mean, it's not much but this medal could actually be sold and turn into gold if she wants to. Isn't that how Yumiko was supposed to work? But then again, what do I know. She's not mostly in it for the money all the time. She's into finding something else and I still wonder what's her end goal to that.

Speaking of Yumiko, she's now friend with Zenith. Zenith was now her official gunsmith and bullet supplier. I'm a bit surprised to say the least. But I guess after the incident at Eveiht, she will definitely need a more trustworthy supplier. So what about Zenith? She seemed to be fine with her. I don't see her nagging about it. In fact, she's more inclined to talk about Yumiko whenever I'm around her workshop. Oh yes, Zenith made a workshop of her own near the campus. She got the spot legally, of course. So she's now able to create guns and ammo as well sell it all off for anyone interested. In just a couple of days after she opened up her workshop, she already has 3 commissions coming from the student in our campus. She really amaze me.

Meanwhile I haven't changed much except for the fact that I'm now becoming friends to my Cardinal, Lala. But still, I only became her friend because she noticed that I also ate a Infinity Gem that was filled with a dragon soul. I still wonder what kind of ability she has for her second ability considering the fact that most of us that has these dragon souls could have two different abilities. Goodness, I feel like we need to have a name to describe us in a more shorter way.

"Hey, Lala." I asked Lala who was sitting next to me in the classroom. "I think we need to make up a name to call ourselves. It's kinda tedious, to be honest."

Lala then replied, "But even if we create one, we still have to explain to people what it means...Perhaps you can ask your little friend there?"

Lala pointed at Recordia who was resting inside my chest pocket.

"She's still asleep, though. I'll ask her about it later."

"Sure thing." She then switch to a different topic. "For now, we need to decide some of our committee members for the upcoming event."

I got confused for a moment and said, "Um, what are we talking about again?"

She calmly replied, "I'm talking about The Music Festival that the academy is having in the next three weeks."

"Oh that." Then I realized something, "Isn't that a bit late for us to decide what should we do for a big event like that?"

She then told me, "It's not like we're the main collaborators to making the festival. That job is for The Administration Magic class. Our class's job is simply to document the event."

"Is that really it?" I was bit disappointed by how little our class were involved with the festival.

To which she replied, "It's basically that, White. Isn't that what Magic Studies basically is?"

I raised my eyebrows and said, "But I don't see the connection between studying magic and a music festival at all."

Lala then explained, "At a surface level it is not. But if you looked at our course outline, during that week, we're supposed to have a class about magics in sound. And since we have an event, class is canceled. But in a twist of fate, our lecturers decided to use the opportunity for us to learn ourselves about this.

"I guess you're right about that. So what we're we supposed to do now?"

"Like I said, White. We need to decide who goes to which group for the festival documentary."

"Groups? There's more than one?"

Lala nodded and said, "Since this event takes place across the entire academy. It is going to be a big event and big events always have different sections. So we have to divide our classmates accordingly."

"I see...We have about 30+ people in our class. So what are the sections?"

"What they told me was only that they need four groups. Three 10 people group and the last group is for the remaining classmates."

"Are we in the same group?"

"Looks like it, White. Do you have anyone in mind?"

I tried thinking but only a single person comes to my mind, "How about Zenith?"

Lala then smirked and said, "Of course it will be Zenith, White. Predictable." She chuckled.

"Was there something I said?"

"The whole classroom knows that you two are partners. I've had my suspicion ever since the delivery mission you two had. We're was it again? Gemhold was it?"

"Yes. It was Gemhold...Can we now talk about something else?"

"Sure thing, White. 3 down, only 7 more people to go. Who it will be?"

Then suddenly, "Can I join you guys?"

A girl in a lovely white dress came forward to us. She was of course, our classmate. But there's more than just an unnamed classmate. She's quite a peculiar character to say the least...

TO BE CONTINUED