Chapter 3.9 - White - Eveiht's Most Wanted

From the information that Fitz had from the request mail she got, the person that she was supposed to capture was not named at all. Only a picture was given. It wasn't even a portrait. It was a candid photo of the guy that she needs to capture. From what I can see in that candid photo, the guy was wearing a hoodie as well as some sort of mask covering their entire face. I couldn't really tell what was the mask design looked like but I could tell what colour it was. It's base colour was white.

"From what I understand in this photo..." Fitz told me her findings, "This guy was handing out something. I bet he is smuggling something. That's one reason he should be captured."

"Do you know the place in that picture?"

She laughed and said, "I've been taking wanted posters over here for about 6 months now and I can tell where this is."

"Then why don't you go there first?"

"I've been there already. There was nothing. You know that place is only a meeting point for them, right?"

"I guess you are right about that. Now what." I leaned on the wall.

"Beats me." She shrugged. "Hey, aren't you waiting for a friend?"

"Yeah, what of it?"

"Is it a blonde girl that has a colourful set of hair clippers?"

I responded to her in a confused tone, "Yeah. How can you tell that?"

"I think she's looking for you over there." Fitz pointed at the street.

"Oh, yeah. You're right. I almost forgot about her."

"Hey, White" Suddenly, she stopped me and said, "That girl, is one in the wanted list in Eveiht..."

"Say what?"

She swallowed her saliva and continued, "Why are you hanging out with a wanted person?"

"Yumiko? Wanted?"

Then again that might actually be her status considering how much she had done in the past few months. I won't be surprised if she actually has a high reward for capturing her.

"She's not just wanted, White. She's the most wanted in Eveiht."

Except for that one. I didn't expect that.

"Most wanted? One of my friend is the most wanted person in the one of the most dangerous place in Crestia?" I was dumbfounded.

"White, I think she saw us..." Fitz quickly tried to grab me away.

But I didn't move at all as I need to confront Yumiko.

"There you are, White. I've been looking for you. Don't wander off now. I still need you to carry some stuffs. Your my servant for the day, remember?"

"Servant?" Fitz was surprised to hear that.

I quickly explained to her, "It's a long story, Fitz."

"Stay back, White. This girl is a wanted person and she must be apprehended at once!" She quickly pulled me behind her.

"Oh my?" Yumiko tilted her head, "A bounty hunter? I've told you not to wander off, White. But looks like things are about to get ugly here."

I don't like whatever she was saying there...Is she seriously going to fight in this small alleyway? I looked at both of them and it looks like they won't be backing down at all.

Yumiko quickly grabs her flintlock from her waist and took the first shot. She used a live bullet. The bullet however was cut in half by Fitz's hand. How that happened? Fitz actually used her wind manipulation ability to create a small wind current around her hand. The wind was so strong that it could even cut the metallic shell of a bullet in half. I still haven't quite learn how to do that. I couldn't focus on a more specific area yet but that's why Fitz was my master. Only she could do that.

Yumiko sighed and said, "You must be The Howling Wind. I've heard about you."

"You heard about me? Well, I'm glad we finally get to meet, Yumiko Ill..." She was struggling in trying to pronounce Yumiko's full name.

To which I told her from behind her, "Illiana Pavlova?"

"Yes. Whatever her name is. Why do you know her full name?"

"She's...my friend? She's from the same academy as mine."

"And how didn't you know that she's wanted?"

Yumiko then replied, "That's because I did a good job hiding that, miss."

Fitz ran toward Yumiko to close the gap between her and tried to slice Yumiko with her sharp wind hand. Yumiko was unfazed by it and accepted the slice. Her stomach was cut. But little did Fitz know. That Yumiko was just a clone that she made beforehand and the real one was creeping behind me.

"I'm right here, Howling Wind."

Yumiko aimed towards the ground and shot out a smoke bullet. The smoke was very thick, I couldn't even see anything. Then suddenly, my waist was grabbed from behind and I was only able to hear the sound of another gunshot and this time I also heard a portal opening and closing.

The smoke seemed to follow us as well and after it has settled, I saw Yumiko crossing her arms and stomping with one of her feet while facing somewhere else beside me.

"Yumiko?"

Yumiko turned her back and immediately grabbed me by the collar.

"I've told you to stay put and not to wander off at all, White. Why are you with her?"

I carefully explained the relationship between me and Fitz to her.

"That's about it."

"I see." She finally lets go of me. She then continued to cross her arms.

"Quite popular aren't you?"

"Shut up, White. Come on, we need to get out of here at once."

"Why should I?"

"You are now an accomplice of mine and they will apprehend you as well. That is why I told her that you were my servant even though I never mentioned that before. Now let's get going!"

In a way, she was not wrong. Being friends with her automatically makes me an accomplice. It looks like we have to get out of this place. I never would have expected that I would be on the run together with the most wanted person in Eveiht.

TO BE CONTINUED