f o r t y - o n e

ѕοοиγουиg ∂ι∂и'τ κиοω what time it was. But he was guessing it was past midnight. He could still see little to none from the darkness of the late evening when his eyes slowly opened. He could see the boys lying on the floor, sleeping the night away and he swore he could hear someone talking vague words from somewhere.

He thinks it's either Hansol or Jisoo who are sleep-talking since he can't understand a thing of what they're saying. He has a feeling his hearing the words build and rocket by the far corner of the quiet living room.

But he didn't mind that. What he was thinking about was the person who was actually snuggling on his chest, his hands gripping on his silky pajama top. He groaned quietly as he looked down and noticed a familiar mop of hair.

He rubbed his eyes to make sure of he's right. He was still feeling drowsy from his sleep and he felt like going back to his slumber again. But the moment he felt the person trembling, he felt himself become alert of his surroundings.

What's happening?

"Jihoon?" his voice was still hoarse from sleep but he knew it caught the younger's attention because his voice was too loud in the tranquil darkness.

The male in front of him tensed up and was frozen. He refused to look up into Soonyoung's drooping eyes. But Soonyoung noticed Jihoon trembling earlier. Was he...

"Hey, Jihoon... are-are you cold?" Soonyoung slowly and carefully sat up, gingerly removing the hands still holding his shirt and held them in his own. He pulled Jihoon to sit up as well and the other hesitantly complied.

He yawned in front of the younger and was squeezing his eyes shut, trying to awaken himself. He rubbed his hands together with the smaller's hands in between in attempt to warm the other up. But it seems like the other wasn't cold at all.

He stopped and looked up into Jihoon's averting eyes.

"Hey," he moved closer, holding the other's hands tightly in his. "Is something wrong?" Jihoon still denied to speak, even biting his lip.

Soonyoung furrowed his eyebrows and cupped Jihoon's cheeks in his hands, turning him to face the older. This somehow worked as Jihoon was now looking into his gaze. Soonyoung cursed to himself.

How could Jihoon still manage to catch his eyes even when he has just woken up from a dreamless sleep? Is Jihoon really that beautiful with the moonlight dipping into the dark room and shining his features at just the perfect way? How is Jihoon doing that?

Jihoon seemed to get uncomfortable as he tried to pull away from the older's grasp but Soonyoung held him still, finally snapping out from his small trance and combed Jihoon's bed hair back.

"Is there a problem, Hoonie?" he asked once again and placed his other hand on Jihoon's shoulder, his thumb drawing soothing circles that somehow made the smaller relax into his touch and slouched.

"I...It's really nothing..."

"If it's nothing, why does it wake you up all night? Did you even sleep?"

Jihoon looked down to his lap and nodded. "I did. But then I woke up and found out that I couldn't sleep anymore..."

"Why? Did you have a nightmare?" Jihoon sighed. "Kind of."

"Tell me about it. I'm all ears." Jihoon looked up into Soonyoung's soft eyes with that warm smile that could always bring him down anytime. He couldn't help it. He felt his walls falling down and found himself opening up.

"It's about my mom." Soonyoung gasped lowly. If it's about Jihoon's mom, then it must really not be good. His mother died years ago, after all. He frowned as he slid his hand from Jihoon's cheek to the younger's arm and squeezed it gently, reassuring him.