f o r t y - n i n e

αƒτєя ѕοοиγουиg яєϲєινє∂ Minghao's call, he had quickly thrown his lying unwashed hoodie over his head and pulled the sweatpants that's just laid out on his bed messily.

He even had less time to fix his hair before rushing out of his room, his mother looking at her son oddly as Soonyoung went to the shoe racks, grabbing a pair of ridiculous-looking slippers with his phone between his ear and shoulder.

"Hello? Wonwoo? Hey! Minghao has an emergency and he needs us at their house ASAP. I'll meet you there. Bye!"

Then, Soonyoung ended the call and slipped the slippers on, bidding his mom a not-so-audible goodbye and reached for the door knob when his mother called him by his full name.

"Kwon Soonyoung, you come back here this instant!" Soonyoung pursed his lips and was regretting his early choices at that point.

Whenever his mother calls him by his full name, it usually means trouble.

Soonyoung turned around cautiously and was met up with a frowning Mrs. Kwon, her arms crossed over her chest while tapping her foot on the floor.

He charily raised his hand and waved his hand slowly, an awkward smile forming.

"H-Hey, Eomma. What's up?" Soonyoung uneasily asked, looking anywhere but his mother who narrowed her eyes at her son. Soonyoung suddenly felt nervous.

"Now, just where do you think you're going?" her mother placed her hands on her hips and continued the tapping of her foot, lips down-turned.

Soonyoung knew that his mother had grown fond of his little boyfriend ever since the day he introduced the midget to her. So, he knew that he could slip away from his mother easily.

With a confident smile, he answered boisterously. "I'm going over to Jihoon's place! Can I?"

"Jihoonie? Why? Did something happen?" his mother was confused and had her eyebrows furrowed in concern as her hands dropped from her hips.

Soonyoung bit his lip. He didn't want his mom to worry about Jihoon. Minghao may be having a problem with his two roommates right now, but maybe it wasn't that big at all that's worth getting concerned about.

But albeit, Soonyoung replied truthfully, having no power to even lie to his own mother.

"His friend just called me earlier and told me there was a fight that occured between Mingyu and Jihoon. Well, I'm not really sure if they really fought, but his friend needed both me and Wonwoo. So, I'm guessing it has something to do with the two."

Mrs. Kwon hummed, nodding in understatement.

"I see... if that's the case, then," Mrs. Kwon ran over to the kitchen, opening a cabinet and pulling out a container. Soonyoung followed her in curiosity and wondered what his mom could be doing.

When Mrs. Kwon was done with her thing, she walked over to her son and handed him the orange container.

"To cheer the boy up." Mrs. Kwon stated and let Soonyoung open the lid slightly. Soonyoung then realized what she was actually trying to accomplish.

"Jajangmyeon? This is..."

"Jihoonie's favorite. I'm sure he'll be happy to have it as his dinner, correct? I packed more just in case his friends want one, too." Soonyoung smiled at his mother's thoughtfulness and hugged her in gratitude.

"I know Jihoon will appreciate this, Eomma. Thank you." Soonyoung pulled away and idly closed the container before walking away while waving his free hand like a child that he is.