50. Sensual memories

•••

"Kookie..."

"Jungkook..." snivels echo through the room as a voice called my name in a sweet but sorrowful way. I open my eyes to check what's happening but notice that Y/N is still sleeping in my arms turned towards the back of the sofa.

A small hand touches my back daintily so I take a look behind me to see what's going on.

"Jungkookie..." the little boy sobs in a quiet way as tears can be discerned on his face, even in the low darkness. I turn around in a gentle motion to not wake Y/N up and sit down on the edge of the sofa to take Daehan closer to me.

What a good idea I had for once to put my sweatpants back on.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" I speak in a low voice and pass my hand through his hair, trying to find a way to calm him down as he seems terrified or sad. "I'm scared..." he steps forward and wraps his arms around my waist to put his head against my chest and let all his tears roll down his angelic face.

"Wait, my little baby, we're going to go check what's scaring you," I grab hold of my t-shirt that I let on the ground and pull it back on quickly, to take Daehan in my arms and go walk back to his bedroom that he seems to be frightened to get into.

I close the door behind me, to prevent the noise from disturbing my baby's sleep.

"What are you scared of Daehan?" I stroke his back as his head is nestled in the crook of my neck, surely because he doesn't want to see his surroundings. "A monster who came in my room to hurt me..." he cries more heavily from describing what must have been a nightmare but not reality in any way.

"My baby," I kiss his wet cheek and soothe him while walking back to the large bed, sitting down on it to pull the blanket away and cover our bodies. I put him down on me for his head to rest on my chest but he still keeps his face hid where it is. "Hey, it's okay. I'm here and no monsters are going to hurt you. I promise you."

"But it was here...he ran to me with his giant arms and hands and I felt him hurting me...my body is painful Kookie..." he soaks my t-shirt with his tears but the words he just let out made me understand where this nightmare came from.

That damn sick woman who harmed him. I would like to call the police and tell them what happened but I'm pretty sure she would deny everything and put the blame on us since Y/N is the one in charge of him, which would make this end even more badly.

"Daehan," I hold back my grief and pain from overwhelming me and slide down on the mattress to lie on my right and keep him close to me. "I'm going to stay with you to tell the monsters that they should not touch you or else I'm going to take care of them. Keep your eyes closed and don't think about the pain sweetheart, I'm going to heal them with my hands. Okay?"

"You promise me you stay here and never go?" his runny nose makes noisy sounds as he lifted his head up to look at me with the most hurtful gaze ever. I nod and stroke his back with gentleness to not hurt him even more. I know this isn't just a nightmare or in his mind, the pain is real and that's what makes me go even more berserk just to think about what such a horrible person who would deserve to feel the same, could have done to him.

"Please Kookie, don't let the bad monsters hurt me again..." he cuddles up close to my chest and curls up against me, to be totally in contact with my body as he must be more than terrorized to be alone. I wrap my arms around him and keep my hand on his back to never cease the caresses. "I won't let them touch you Daehan. Trust me," I press my lips on the crown of his head and pull the blanket a bit higher to make him feel even safer in my embrace. "Don't be afraid to go back to sleep. I'm here now so no one will be able to reach you."