54. New Life

- One year later -

'JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V'

I wait at the gate like I do every other day, looking upon the different little heads of the kids running out of the school as the bell rang the end of their day. As soon as the fluffy black hair and small body wearing the same clothes than mine but in a tiny version, appears, my smile grows on my face and our eyes meet.

"Kookie!" he runs to me while holding the straps of his school bag, making me open my arms and squat down to greet him with a hug. At the exact second that he reaches my level, he jumps on me, allowing me to straighten up and hold him against my body with the use of one arm. I don't restrain from kissing his cheek and start my way back to my car. "How was your day at your new school sweetheart?"

"Super great!" he joyfully exclaims with his big eyes sending stars into my heart. "I made new friends and they're all kind with me. We even ate some chocolate cake for my birthday with everyone."

"Oh, that's good then~ I'm more than happy for you my baby," I press my lips on his chubby cheek and press on a button of the remote key I'm holding, for the doors of the car to be unlocked and give us access to the inside. I first make sure to put Daehan on his booster seat in the back, buckling his seatbelt on and all that needs to be done before pecking his forehead and closing the door to reach my own seat.

I place the little boy's bag next to him but take hold of the large item that I carefully wrapped earlier at home, to give him the first gift of this important day. "This is for you my little baby."

"Thank you Kookie, what is it?" he beams and grabs what I handed him, shaking it up in a gentle way to hear what sound it makes. "Open it."

He does as I say and uses his little fingers to unwrap his present with care. The red shiny paper that was covering the toy gets removed to reveal what this is. "Nemo!" his cute voice echoes through the small space as he hugged the plush of almost his size. That makes me happy to see him so cheery like that. "Thank you so much Kookie! I want to hug you now...!"

I let my laughter escape as I couldn't help but find him adorable. "Don't worry, we'll hug each other as much as you want once we'll be home. For now, you can give all the love you want to Nemo while we're heading back to the house, alright?"

He nods, showing his white baby teeth to express all his true joy. I turn around to get back properly on my seat and put my seatbelt on, before entering the key into the ignition.

I move the rearview mirror to have a better sight of him and grab the steering wheel with one hand, to start the car. "You can make him talk if you press on his belly sweetheart," I mention as I forgot this important point.

He does it and provokes the voice of the toy to fill the space. "Waa! This is the best gift of my birthday Kookie! I'm so happy!"

"Well, I'm even more glad to see you like it."

•••

"We're here," I heave him up from his seat, not forgetting to take hold of his school bag in the way as he's not letting go of his Nemo. I close the door of the black SUV car but get startled by a soft touch on my cheek.

"Thank you Kookie," the little boy that left a sweet kiss on my skin gazes into my eyes with a smile. I peck the tip of his nose as my heart raced from all the love that its been receiving from this young child, who never stops giving me every day. "I'm the one thanking you for being such a good boy my baby, you deserve even more than that."