Daydreaming

Riley's POV

" What happened, RD?" Ann asked as she ran her fingers through my hair. I was laying on her lap burying my face on her lap hugging her waist tightly.

" Nothing." I said softly. I myself didn't recognize my voice. I was wondering how can this incident effect me that much!!!

We have forgotten each other long back then why is this bothering me so much?!! I asked myself haunting for the answer.

" Something must have happened. Why are you so upset since you came back today?" She asked me.

" Everything is fine." I said to her and she sighed. " Tell me a bedtime story." I said. She chuckled. This girl is really one of the reasons that I smile everyday.

" Which one do you want to hear?" She asked me.

" Tell me anyone randomly." I said.

" What about Cinderella?" She asked me.

" Sure." I said and was closing my eyes.

" Once upon a time there lived a merchant. He had a loving wife and a beautiful precious little girl whose name was Ella..." She started to tell the story and I don't know when I fall asleep. I woke up when I heard Ann was calling me shaking me vigorously.

" What happened?!  What happened?!" I said as soon as I sat up.

" Mrs. Ambrosio." She said and I opened my eyes at once.

Mrs. Ambrosio is our neighbor. She lives in the apartment nextdoor. She is very kind and generous woman.

" She has got her labour pain." Ann said and I looked at her weirdly.

" What?!! It's just 8th month. How can she got it this early?" I asked her.

" I don't know. Get ready. Hurry up. We have to help Mr. Ambrosio." Ann said.

I jumped down from the bed and quickly changed my PJs. I took my bag and reached their apartment. Ann and I were with them. This couple helped us a lot when we shifted here. I was praying for her safety.

" Keep her awake." Mr. Ambrosio said.

" Elena!!!" Ann called her softly.

" Keep your eyes open. Don't close them." I said. She was screaming in pain. I rubbed her palms and patted her head softly. I don't know what to do. I have never seen this kind of situation before.

God please save her. Please make it easy for her. Make it easy for us and help us. God save the child and it's mother. I kept praying and kept talking with Elena. She was not in a state of talking or doing anything but I tried to keep her busy.

" We reached the hospital." Ann said.

" Let me take her inside." Mr. Ambrosio said.

We followed Mr. Ambrosio as he picked her up in his arms. His face was showing the fear of losing her. May be that is called true love. The love which is pure and so precious. God bless them who had that in their lives. At this moment Elena is the luckiest woman in the world in my point of view.

" Where are you lost?" I heard Ann. I shook my head and she nodded.

We reached the hospital and found the people taking Mrs. Ambrosio inside the OT. We were waiting there. We found the doctors going inside. I saw Mike. He stood for a moment as he saw Ann and me.

" What are you doing here, Girls?" He asked us.

" She is our neighbor." I said.

" Alright. Don't worry." He walked inside hurriedly. 

" Don't worry he is our friend. He is very skillful. Relax, Mr. Ambrosio." Ann tried to comfort Mr. Ambrosio with her childish words. I shook my head.

We were waiting for awhile then suddenly I saw Josh. He came with another doctor and went inside the OT hurriedly. I looked at them weirdly.

" Did you see them?" I asked Ann.

" Whom?" Ann asked me.

" The doctors?" I asked.

" No. What's wrong with the doctors?" Ann asked me.

" Did you saw Josh with them?" I asked her and she looked at me weirdly.

" Why will Josh be with them?! You are daydreaming, girl." She said.

" It's middle of the night. I can't be daydreaming this time." I said.

" You are crazy. You might be still sleeping." She said.

" No, no. Trust me I have seen him going inside with the doctors." I said to her.

" Come. Have a nap." She said.

" I am serious, Annie." I said.

" I am also serious. Not only serious. I am damn serious." She said.

" Why are you not taking me seriously?" I asked her. She shook her head.

" Come. Sit here." She said and we were sitting there silently praying for Mrs. Ambrosio.

Suddenly Ann hold my hand. I turned to her.

" What happened to you this evening?" She asked me and I sighed.

" Nothing. Just like that. I was feeling upset and frustrated about life suddenly. I needed a bit rest and needed to relax myself. " I said.

" So you don't want to tell me, right?" She asked and I sighed deeply.

" Not at all. Nothing like that." I said.

" Then tell me what happened?" She asked. I shook my head. " You will feel better." She said and I sighed. I took a deep breath and looked at her. Then looked down at the floor.

" I saw my mom today." I said ad she looked at me weirdly.

" Where?" She asked me.

" Near GS headquarter." I said.

" When?" She asked me.

" This afternoon." I said.

" Is she still the same?" She asked me.

" Quite same." I said. " I heard she got married with a rich guy and he said two daughters now. Saw them today. Quite a happy family they are." I said amd sighed deeply. I don't have any space there in her life.

" Oh, good then. Did you meet her?" She asked and I chuckled.

" You think she will recognize me?" I asked her and she hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

" Don't be sad. She doesn't know what she is missing." She said and I sighed. She doesn't even care.

Suddenly the OT light turned off and we went there.

" Relax. It's a boy." The lady doctor said.

" And my wife?" Mr. Ambrosio asked.

" She is fine." Mike said.

" Can we meet them?" Ann asked but I couldn't hear anything because my eyes stuck on someone. Am I really daydreaming in the middle of the night?!!