Stupid

Riley's POV

" What's wrong with being single?" I asked Mrs. Schwartz.

" Nothing wrong but everyone needs someone who will take care of them." He said.

" I have Ann to take care of me." I said and she chuckled.

" How long will she be with you?" She asked me.

" Rest of her life." I said and she chuckled.

" She has her life as well. Why will she keep staying with you. She also needs someone for herself." She said.

" Hmm ..." I said.

" One day she will also get married with someone and have a family. Then you will be alone. This why they are asking you to get married. So that you have someone who will take care of you." She said.

" Yes, true. I didn't think like that." I said and she chuckled. "Still single life is better. I am fine with that. And I am only 22 now. I have a lot of time to think about settling down. You know?" I said.

" Yes, you do. But still think about it." She said to me.

" I will try." I said.

" Don't try but do it." She said.

" Yes, ma'am. I will do it." I said.

" So do you have anyone whom you like?" She asked me.

" Still no." I said. " Actually I have allergies with boys. I don't know how to stuck with one person for rest of my life." I said.

" You're straightforward that's also a good side of yours." She said sipping on the coffee.

" Yeah, I know that but sometimes it just create a lot of messes around." I said. She chuckled.

" Tell me one thing." She asked me.

" Yes." I said.

" Why didn't you go and meet your mother? She is here after a long time, right?" She asked me.

I told her what happened yesterday. But I didn't tell her who my mom is. It can create distance in their family. I don't want that. Not at all. I don't have any right to destroy their happiness.

" I just don't want to show up suddenly and create problem in her life now. She gave birth to me and I am grateful to her for that. I don't want anything else from her. It's ok." I said.

" You need to meet her and tell her things you have gone through these days. How long will you keep hiding it? One day she will come to know that it's you. Isn't it?." She asked me.

" Let's see. I don't know. But I don't want to stand in front of her. I don't want to create a drama." I said and she chuckled.

" You need to see her and tell everything in your heart that you are caging since your childhood. You have that right." She said.

" Yes. I know. But her neglecting works as an inspiration to me. It keeps telling me that I have to work yo show her that I can live without her in my life even better than her presence. I need to do it." I said.

" You are a brave and intelligent girl. You will not face any problems." She said.

" But I wasn't that brave when I was young. I almost did a wrong thing if my grandparents weren't there. It still keeps haunting me sometimes. Even in sleep. I feel like they are still searching for me." I said to her.

" What actually happened?" She asked me and I told her everything. She sighed listening to me.

" You were just a little girl that time and it wasn't your fault. I don't blame you at all. You did it because you didn't know what you should do." She said to me.

" I was depressed. That was the reason behind it. I met my mom that time and her words made me feel like the world doesn't need a worthless girl like me. It made me feel like no one cares even if I am alive or dead. That thought lead me to a wrong way until my grandparents stopped me. So, you can see RD today. Otherwise I would have drowned into darkness. You don't even have any idea about it. I was so so depressed." I said to her.

" But you are perfectly fine now. No need to be scared anymore. You deserve to live your life happily." She said.

" Searching for that happiness. I don't know until when I have to struggle for that." I said. She smiled.

" Go, meet your mom for once. She deserves to see how you are not destroyed yet. She deserves to see how beautiful person you have grown up inside and out. She deserves to know everything. I think she will be regretting herself." She said and I chuckled.

" She doesn't even care if I am dead or alive." I said.

" You should go and meet your sisters to. They at least deserve to know about their lovely sister." She said. 

" No, I don't want to create problem in their lives. This will only create distance in their lives. No. I don't want to destroy their peace and happiness. They were not in fault why will they suffer?" I asked her.

" You are sacrificing your happiness for them?" She asked me.

" May be yes. Because sacrificing my happiness is not a big deal. I am use to it. But they are not. They will break down. So, let it be." I said to her.

" But Greta and Camelia need to learn about their sister." She said.

" Umm...yes...may be." Suddenly I realized what she has said. " Wait what?!!" I looked at her totally shocked.

" What?!" She asked me smilingly.

" How do you know that Greta and Camelia are my sister's names?" I asked her.

" I even know that you saw your mom in the hospital yesterday. This is why you were upset this morning." She said.

" But how do you know?" I asked her.

" I keep her under supervision. She is dangerous for my family. This is why I know her history. Nothing is unknown to me." She said and I looked at her weirdly. She just chuckled.

" Don't worry. I know you are not like her and this is why I like you a lot." She said.

" But why -" I was asking her but another voice stopped me.

" Hey, beautiful." Josh said to his grandma. I looked at him weirdly. Has he heard anything that we were talking about?!! I hope no.

" Why are you looking at me like that now?! Did you get a crush on me?" He asked winking at me. I rolled my eyes. 

" F*cking stupid." I mumbled.