As Soon As Possible

Josh's POV

" Who didn't you tell that to me before?" Bryan asked me.

" I wasn't sure myself. And I didn't want you to be worried about it." I said to him.

" So I am not worrying now, right?" I asked.

" But that time I thought it's right." I said.

" Now what will we do?" Mom asked me.

" We need to start the treatment as soon as it possible." I said to her.

" Yes, I will talk to Mom." Dad said.

" Whatever you do have to do quickly. We need to start the treatment immediately." I said to him.

" Do you think we should admit her in the hospital?" Mom asked.

" Yes, we do but first of all we need to talk to Grandma. If only she agrees with that." I said because I know how stubborn my grandma is.

" I will talk to him. Don't worry." Dad said.

" Can I come in?" I heard uncle Jhon. Dad just sighed but didn't even looked at him.

" Yes, sure, John. Come in." Mom said.

" Was it something important that you guys were talking about? Did I disturb you?" He asked.

" No. You didn't. Sit down." Mom said and he sat next to me.

" What happened?" He asked me.

" Don't you already know that?" I asked him.

" No. I wasn't at home today. You know that." He said.

" Your mother is not doing well. I hope you know that. But you guys were not at home." I said.

" I hope you know that she doesn't like your aunt. This why trying to keep her away from her." He said and I sighed.

" Sometimes it doesn't work even if you try hard." Dad said.

" Yes, I know. But I am genuinely worried about my mother now. I just want to know what happened to her and why is she suddenly so sick?" He asked me.

" Your mother has cancer." Bryan said. " That's what we were discussing about. Nothing more." I said and he looked at us weirdly.

" What?!!" He asked.

" Yes." Bryan said.

" Is that true?" He asked me.

" Why will I lie to you?" Bryan asked. I glared at him.

" It's true." I said to him.

" How.. I mean...I can't believe that...has that really happened?!" He asked.

" Yes, that really happened. Please, keep your wife away from my grandma. She is already not doing well. I don't want she get stressed about anything." I said and he sighed.

" I will try my best to keep her away from Mom." He said.

" Very well." I said. " Dad, let's go." I said and stood up to talk to Grandma.

I knocked on the door with shaky hand.

Calm down, Josh. I was saying that to myself.

" Come in." I heard grandma.

We went inside and found her reading a book sitting on the bed. I walked and sat next to her and gestured dad to sit the other side.

" Good morning, beautiful." I said to her.

" Morning, Sweetheart." She said to me smilingly. I smiled at her though my heart was weeping blood with an unknown fear. But I wasn't able to do anything.

" How are you feeling now, Mom?" Dad asked her.

" Good." She said. He nodded.

" Aren't you going to have breakfast?" I asked her.

" Yeah, let's go." She said and I gestured Dad to start. He nodded.

" Mom!!" Dad called her.

" Yes, Joseph?" She said.

" Mom, I know you saw your reports yesterday." He said. She sighed deeply.

" Yes, I did. Were you guys going to hide it from me?" She asked us.

" No, we were not." Dad said.

" Don't lie. I know you guys were not going to tell this to me." She said and I hugged her tightly. I kissed on her forehead. " There is nothing like that. We were going to tell you but you know how much of it sensitive this topic is, right? We had to take some time." I said.

" Yeah, I know right." She rolled her eyes. I smiled a bit.

" We want to start your treatment. We need to start it as soon as it possible. So, just wanted to ask you about it." I said. She sighed.

" I know I will not be able to make it out. So I don't want to do any treatment." She said and I looked at her in horror. What is she saying!!!

" Who told you that? Nothing will happen to you. I will not let anything happen to you. That's my promise." I said to her and she chuckled.

" It's not possible, love." She said.

" But still I want to try. Don't stop me from doing that." I said and she chuckled.

" You are still that stubborn Josh. No one can do anything against the fate. It will happen no matter how much you try." She said.

" I will do everything that I can do to save you." I said.

" What can you do for me?" She asked me.

" Anything that you want." I asked her.

" Anything that I want?" She asked me.

" Yes. Anything that you want." I said.

" Think about it again and then say that. It might take a long from you." She said.

" There is nothing about thinking. You just have to ask me to do it." I said.

" Are you sure?" She asked me.

" Yes, I am sure." I said.

" If you say yes then you will not be able to step back from there." She said.

" I will not step back." I said.

" Then get married. At least settle down before I die." She said and I looked at her weirdly.

" What?!!" I asked her.

" Yes. Get married. That's what I want you to do." She said to me.

" But you don't like Lima. How can I get married then?" I asked.

" If I don't like her then you will remain unmarried rest of your life?" She asked me.

" Ummm... I didn't say that." I said.

" Even Mike got married. I met his wife last week. You always kept giving Mike's example. Now he is also married. You should think about it." She said. I nodded weakly. " Tell Like to have a dinner with us along with her family tomorrow." She said.

" Are you accepting her?" I asked her.

" If you are happy with her then I don't have any say." She said. I smiled and hugged her tightly.

I knew she will agree someday. I need to inform that to Lima. As soon as it possible.