Shocked

Josh's POV

" Did you receive the reports that the hospital authority has send?" I asked Bryan. I knew I was scared as hell inside but I was trying to handle myself. I didn't want Bryan know about it. It will be better if he still doesn't know anything about it.

" No. I haven't. They have send it already?" He asked me.

" Yes. They did. But someone must've received it here." I said.

" Martha!!! Martha!!!" I called the maid.

" Yes, Sir?" She said.

" Did you received the reports that came from the hospital?" I asked her.

" No, sir. I didn't. May be Marie knows about that." She said.

" Go, call her. Tell her that it's very very urgent." I said.

" Alright. Ok." I said.

" Sure, sir." She left.

" What's wrong? " Bryan asked me.

" What? Nothing wrong." I said.

" Why are you looking so tensed then?" He asked me.

" There's nothing." I told him smiling a bit.

But Mike's words were ringing in my ears. I don't know what to do now. I was so frustrated. God, please let it be wrong. Please let it be a lie. I don't want to lose her. I will not let her go anywhere. Never ever.

" Sir!!" I turned and saw Marie

" Who received the reports that came from the hospital?" I asked her.

" Sir, one parcel came this evening and your grandma received that." She said. I sat down on the couch clutching my head. She knows!!! Does she really know?

" What happened, Bro?" Bryan asked me. I shook my head.

" Nothing happened. Literally nothing." I said and stood up at once. " Take care of grandma. I will just go to the hospital. I have something important to discuss with Mike. I will be back soon." I said.

" What happened that you have to go to hospital at this hour of night?" Bryan asked me. " Is everything alright?" He asked holding my hand. I nodded.

" Yes, everything is fine. Don't worry. I was going to talk about the board meeting. I will not get enough time tomorrow as I have a lot of works to do tomorrow. I need to talk to Mike right now." I said and he nodded.

" You act weird lately." He said. I tried to smile.

" I gotta go." I said and he nodded.

" Sure. Go." He said and I nodded. I quickly walked out of the house and got in the car. I need to reach hospital as fast as I can. I need to talk to Mike. I think there is something wrong.

I parked the car in the parking lot as soon as I reached the hospital. I got out of the car and ran inside the hospital. Suddenly I bumped into someone. Before I could say sorry that person shouted.

" Who is dying?!!" The voice rang very familiar to me.

" What are you doing here this hour of night?" I asked RD as I hold her hand.

" I came to see baby Ambrosio. Besides Ann is here. I wasn't feeling good staying alone at home." She said and I nodded.

" Ok, no problem." I said and started to walk away from there.

" Where are you taking me?" She asked me and then I realized I was still holding her hand tightly.

" Oh, sorry." I was about to leave her hand but then don't know why I hold her hand again. "Come with me." I said and dragged her with me.

" Where are we going?" She asked me.

" Don't talk too much." I said to her. She rolled her eyes.

" I talk too much. Now what?!!" She asked me.

" I can make you keep quiet. Do I need to show you that?!" I asked her.

" No, I am fine." She said and I chuckled.

" Better." I said and she rolled her eyes but didn't say anything anymore. I chuckled inwardly. But I was really tensed inside. I didn't know what to do.

" Why are you so silent today? What's wrong? You were perfectly fine when you took your grandma home that time." She asked me suddenly.

" Nothing happened. I am fine." I lied.

" Lying is a great sin." She said.

" So you don't lie, huh?" I asked her.

" Lying is an art which you don't know. You are artless. When I lie people can't even think that I am lying because I lie very professionally. But anyone can say that you are lying because you are totally artless." She said and I sighed.

" Alright. Now Ssssssshhh!!!" I told her and she rolled her eyes." We reached Mike's cabin and I knocked on the door.

" Come in." Mike said and we entered the cabin. Mike was a bit surprised seeing RD with me.

" I told her to accompany me." I said and he nodded.

" Have a seat." He said.

" I am sorry for disturbing you at this hour of night. Everyone must be waiting for you at home. " I said to Mike.

" I told Lisa everything. She will handle." He said.

" She must be waiting for you." I said.

" She is used to it now. No worries." He said and I nodded.

" Did you check the reports?" He asked me.

" No." I said.

" Why not?" He asked me.

" Grandma knows. She received the parcel." I said to him and he looked at me in horror. I sighed.

" How did that happen?" He asked me.

" I was sleeping in the evening and then the parcel reached Schwartz house and she received it." I said and he sighed.

" Did you talk to her after that?" He asked me.

" No. I don't have enough courage to face her now." I said to him.

" Alright. I will go and talk to your grandma tomorrow. It's better if we start the treatment right now." He said.

" Yes. I don't have any problem. I will make the arrangements." I said.

" Doctor Gregg's advice is the best. We should talk to him." He said.

" What do you think we should talk to him?" I asked him

" About the duration. He knows it better." He said.

" Alright." I said.

" What happened? About whom are you talking about? Whose treatment is that?" RD suddenly asked us. I forgot that she is with us.

" Grandma's." I said.

" What happened to her?" She asked. I sighed.

" Reports are saying she has cancer." Mike said and her face drained out all the colors.

What?!! She was looking at us totally shocked.