Twisted

Josh's POV

" Mr. Griffin, this is my friend Josh and his brother Bryan." Mike introduced us with Mr. Griffin.

" Nice to meet you, Mr. Griffin." I said and gestured Bryan to keep quiet. He is mess it up otherwise.

" Nice to meet you too. But I don't know why did you guys want to meet me." He said.

" Yeah, you must don't have any idea but we will explain. No worries." Mike said. " Coffee? " He asked him.

" Black one." He answered.

" Like your heart?" Mike asked.

" What?!" Mr. Griffin asked.

" I mean coffee? " Mike asked.

" Yes." Mr. Griffin nodded.

" Alright." Mike said. " Actually we wanted to talk to you about the poison you are working with. I heard you have found the antidote of that poison. How thrilling!!! When will you publish it?" Mike asked.

" How do you know about that? " He asked narrowing his eyes.

" I know many more things about you. Like you have a daughter who is currently in her dance class." Mike said sipping on his coffee.

" What has my daughter to do with that?" He asked him.

" Nothing. Just was saying. If you don't listen to us then what can happen with your daughter." Mike said.

" Stay away from my daughter." He said and Mike acted like thinking about something for awhile.

" Umm...if you had told this to me before may be it would work but now that my men are already there to pick her up from there." He said. " Then if you find your daughters body somewhere tomorrow morning it will not be my fault. I have given you choices to choose." Mike said.

" Why will I trust you?" He asked him.

" You can call her. It will be cleared. If you find her phone is switched off then you will understand that it's done." Mike said and he took the phone called his daughter. The color of his face drained out at once.

" Done?" Mike asked.

" What do you want?" He asked Mike.

" Just a few information." Mike said.

" Which information?" He asked.

" Why did you kill Ms. Cantor? " Mike asked.

" Which Ms. Cantor? " He asked and Mike chuckled

" Wow!!! Now which Ms. Cantor? Georgia Cantor. Your fellow Professor and co-worker in the research that you have the credit alone now when most of the part was Ms. Cantor's hard work. How can you forget her this easily?!! " Mike asked.

" Georgia!!! Why will I kill her? " He asked me.

" To take all the credit alone." Mike said.

" Rubbish!!! Why will I try to do that? Am I a psycho?!! " He asked.

" We don't know. You tell us. Are you? " Mike asked.

" I am not." He said.

" Then why did your brother kill Ms. Cantor? And she was given the same poison you are working with before she was killed brutally. Still you will not accept it?" Mike asked and he sighed.

" He stole that from the laboratory." He said.

" And why is that?" I asked.

" He wanted me to gain the success alone. He loved me way too much that he didn't want to let Georgia be the part if it. He threatened Georgia several times about that. But when nothing worked he did that horrible thing. " He said.

" So, now you are taking revenge on my wife for being the eyewitness?" I asked him.

" Your wife?!! " He asked me.

" Yes, the girl whom you poisoned a few days back." I said.

" I haven't poisoned anyone. What are you talking about?" He asked me and I gritted.

" You haven't then I had poisoned my wife, right?" I asked him coldly.

" I really don't have any idea who has done it." He said.

" You should ask yourself." I said.

" I swear on my daughter. I haven't done anything." He said.

" Think, Mr. Griffin. You still have chances to save your daughter. If not then you have no idea what actually can happen with your daughter." Mike said.

" Wait. Let me think." He said.

" Think, if you have talked with anyone about that poison or if you have given someone that even if it's for any research works." I said. " Or may be someone has stolen it again."

" No one can steal it. The laboratory is totally secured." He said.

" Think if there were someone these days who came to meet you. Think again." I said.

" My sister came to meet me a few days back because I was out of the country for last 10 years. But she didn't stay for long. And I don't think she can do that either." He said.

" We will think about it. Just give us her address. She has 101 reason to kill RD." Bryan said.

" No worries until everything is figured out he will be with us. There is no guarantee that he is not lying." Mike said and I nodded.

" Let's go." I said and Mr. Griffin told us the address of his sister. I kept looking at him weirdly.

" What is your sister's name?" I asked him.

" Margaret. Why? " He asked me.

" From how long is she living here?" I asked him.

" For a long time. Almost 10 years. Why?" He asked me.

" But that is Lima's address. See?" I asked.

" She is my niece." He said and I looked at him totally confused.

" Lima Rainhart." I said.

" Yes, she is my niece." He said.

" Lima's mother's name is not Margaret. Her name's Agnes as much as I know." I said to him still was shocked that he is Lima's uncle!!!

" Yes, Agnes is her middle name." He said.

" But how is this possible? " I asked.

" Why?" He asked me.

" Because Lima never talked about her uncle. " I said.

" She is your friend? " He asked me.

" Ex." I gritted.

" Oh, I didn't know that." He said.

" Your sister and niece have spoiled my life and almost killed my wife. Do you think they are normal? " I asked him.

" What have they done? " He asked and I told him everything.

" What?!! I can't imagine that they have done this." He said.

" Yes, they have. This is why Lima is behind the bars now." I said. " Mrs. Rainhart was also there but don't have any idea how she came out of jail." I said.

" She got a bail." Mike said.

" Hmm." I said and the car stopped in front of Lima's house.

I didn't know my fate will bring me here back. I was totally out of this place. But can't help it. May be Mrs. Rainhart is the culprit or may be not. God knows actually what is the truth. Only He knows. Because it's more twisted now.