Sniper

Riley's POV

" Why are you removing that oxygen mask? You are not well. Lay down on the bed." I hold Mrs. Schwartz's hand and she smiled.

" I am going to die, right?" She asked me.

" No. Nothing will happen to you." I said.

My heart was weeping blood for her. I know we don't have any relationship between us but still their is an universal relationship that every human being shares with each other that's called humanity. I was not a good human being but still I had a bit humanity in me. I know that's what was eating me from inside.

" Mike!!! What are you doing there? Help her to put it on again." I said and he sighed.

" What happened to me?" Mrs. Schwartz asked me smilingly.

" You are understanding. You are not well. You need to follow the doctor's advice." I said. " Mike, stupid!!! What are you doing here standing like a scarecrow?!! You should help her. Shouldn't you?!" I asked him. He rolled his eyes." Alright, I should call Josh. Only that will help now." I said and picked out my phone. I was about to dial Josh's number but Mike took my phone away from me.

" What the hell!!" I asked him.

" Calm down. Listen to us at first." Mike said.

" What?" I asked him frustratedly.

" RD, come here. Sit with me." Mrs. Schwartz told me and I nodded. She smiled as I sat next to her.

" Here check it." Mike gave me a file.

" What is it?" I asked him.

" Just check it." He said. I opened the file and found it was a medical report.

" Whose report is this?" I asked checking it.

It was quite normal saying the patient has only low BP problems. But why did he tell me to check it?!!

" It's mine." Mrs. Schwartz said.

" What?!! But...your reports...I mean Mike has said that day that you have blood cancer. I mean...how?!! It's not a joke is that!!" I asked them weirdly.

" Why?! Aren't you happy listening that I don't have cancer?" She asked me.

" No..no .no... nothing like that. I am happy. Very happy." I said and kept my head on the bed. " I was very tensed and scared." I said. " You can't understand how was I feeling all that time." I said and looked up at her.

She smiled and wiped my tears that's when I realized that I was crying. I was shocked myself. I thought I have forgotten what tear is. I looked at her weirdly for a moment.

" What happened?" She asked me smilingly.

" I thought I was turned into a stone hearted woman. But I am still human I guess." I said and she chuckled.

" You are a very beautiful woman inside and out." She said patting my head. I sighed.

" I don't know. I just-" I stopped at once.

" What happened?" She asked me.

" We should call Josh and tell him this news. He must be very worried about you." I said. She shook her head.

" Not at all. We did everything for him. Not gonna spoil the secret." She said.

" Which secret?" I asked her.

" We will tell you." She said.

" But one thing I don't understand if you don't have cancer then why did Mike told that to us that day?" I asked her.

" It was planned." Mike said.

" What kind of plan?" I asked him. He looked at Mrs. Schwartz.

" I told him to make a fake report." Mrs. Schwartz said.

" What?!!" I looked at her weirdly.

" Yes." She replied.

" But why? Why did you do that?" I asked her.

" Because it was necessary." She said.

" I can't understand. What will happen if you scare Josh with this fake report. He is very worried. You know how much he loves you." I said and she chuckled.

" I am doing everything for my family. I am doing only what is best for them. I know you will be confused about it but it's true. I am doing things for my family only." She said.

" For your family only?" I asked her and she nodded.

" But they are dying in tension out there, Mrs. Schwartz. When you need to tell this to your family you are telling that to an outsider like me." I said.

" I am not telling that to them because they will not understand the situation and make it more messed and telling you because it's you who can make things right." I said.

" Me?!! How?" I asked her and she sighed.

" You can stop the person who is up to destroy my family." She said to me.

" And who is that person who will be scared of me?" I asked her. She sighed deeply.

" Your mom." She said and my eyes open wide at once.

" She is up to destroy your family??" I asked her.

" Yes." She said.

" But how?!! It's her family too. Why will she want to destroy her own family?" I asked her.

" She knows that better. I think she has mental issues for real but Jhon never believed in our words. That woman has spoiled his brain already." She said and I gritted my teeth and clenched my nails.

" What did she do now?!  Isn't she satisfied destroying my life already? She is up to destroy someone's family now?!" I asked her.

" All she wants is money. She wants all of it. But Josh's grandpa and father even Josh himself worked hard to make it while Jhon was always out of it. He never ever worked with them. He left home with her for years. Now they have come back for the properties. They will take it anyhow. But I can't let that happen." She said.

" I see. She hasn't change a bit these years. She is still the same." I said and chuckled. " But then what can I say about the woman who has left her parents and newborn baby for money. It's not shocking me not at all." I said.

" Yes. She is dangerous." She said.

" Is this why you are pretending to be sick?" I asked her.

" Yeah." She said. " At least she won't be able to ask for that when I am sick." She said and I looked at her weirdly.

This lady is a silent killer. Sniper may be is the perfect word for her.