Looking Behind

Josh's POV

" I think you did the perfect thing." Patrick said.

I was playing with Nova. She is an amazing little angel. She made me forget everything.

" Yes, Patrick is right. You gave her choice now it's her turn to prove her love. Let's see what she does. That will prove her." Clara said.

" Yeah. I know. I am not thinking about it. I am thinking about my grandma. She means a lot to me." I said.

" You are not upset about it?" Patrick asked me.

" I am a bit but I was never ever that person who will die from an emotional breakdown, right? " I asked him.

" Yes, you are always emotionally strong person." He said.

" Yes. So never think like I am going to hurt myself for her." I said." She meant a lot to me but now she wants to walk on some other way then I will not stop her. But yes if she is out then she is out for ever. No way she will come back to my life." I said.

" That's the point." Clara said.

" It's true that first love can't be forgotten that easily but you will make it." He said.

" If she is out then she is deleted right there. She doesn't know how to value other's emotions." I said.

" That much changes? " Clara asked me.

" Your know that my ego matters a lot to me and she hurt it. I hate to be ignored but she ignored me all these days. I will not tolerate that." I said to them.

" What did she do? " Clara asked.

" She kept saying she is busy didn't gave me time. I understand that she has works but at least she can inform that to me but she didn't even texted me. I am a human too and I can't do that like this anymore." I said.

" Why did you wanted to marry her? " Clara asked me.

" I thought everything will be fine if I ask her to marry me. At least she will agree but she proved me wrong. I am not that cheap as well." I said. " If someone doesn't want to be with me then why will I force her to be with me?! She is not the only girl in the world." I said.

" Is that the words of your angry self?" Patrick me.

" I have thought about it very exquisitely. It's better for us. Otherwise it will hurt us both in future and we will not be able to happy." I said. " And no. I am not at all angry with her. It's her life and her decision. I can't stop her or force her to do something. But yes I can do one thing. I can do what I need to do. I need to be with my family. I will be with them. She doesn't matter to me anymore. She doesn't have any place in my life anymore because she herself has destroyed that place. Now she will not be able to get that back even if she comes back. " I said. " Yes it will definitely take some time for me to come out of this all. But that doesn't mean I can't. I definitely can get out of this. I am not at all going to be crazy for her. She spoiled everything." I said honestly.

" That's like my cousin. I expected this answer from you." Patrick said.

" I don't have that emotional. You all know that. But weirdly I am feeling nothing after break up." I said. " Which is very shocking to me myself." I mumbled.

" Why are you taking it as break-up? She can say yes after thinking. You never know." Clara said.

" No. She will not say yes." I said.

" How do you know? " Clara asked me.

" After so many years being with her I know how her brain works a little bit." I said. " Her career was always more important than me. She will choose her career." I said to her.

" May be it's better for you both to get separated. It will help you guys to settle down in your own life. You will not be in a hanging relationship with her and she will also be free from that." Clara said.

" Yeah. That's it. I don't want to say anything else. I don't want to talk about it anymore." I said and they nodded.

" Clara!!! Clara!!! " We turned and saw Cindy standing there.

" What happened? " Clara asked her.

" Your brother is calling you." She said. " It's urgent. You-" suddenly her eyes fall on me and she stopped. " Oh, Josh!!! When have you come!?" She asked me.

" Awhile back." I said.

" Were you guys discussing about something important? " She asked us.

" No. Nothing important." I said.

" Oh. Then Clara, you go. Steve was calling you." She said and Clara nodded. She stood up and left.

" Josh." Cindy called me and I turned to her. " If you don't mind can I ask you about something?" She asked me.

" Sure." I said.

" Do you know Lima Rainhart?" She asked me.

" Yes, she is my ex." I said and she looked a bit taken aback.

" Ex?" She asked me.

" Yes, we broke up." I said and she nodded. " What did you wanted to tell me? " I asked her.

" No. Nothing. If you have broken up with her then you must have taken the decision after knowing everything. But I will say you have taken a right decision. Don't worry. You will find out someone better than her who will love you truly." She said. " Just don't look behind." I nodded. She stood up and left.

" What did she wanted to say?" Patrick asked.

" Who cares!!! She said it right. I shouldn't look behind." I said and he nodded.

" Yeah, good advice for you." He said.

" Truly it's a good advice for me." I said to him.

" You should go to hospital. Your grandma must be waiting for you." He said.

" Mike is there. He will handle things. Besides, if she finds me in this state she will definitely find out there is something wrong amd I don't want that. It won't be good for her." I said.

" Alright. If you say so." He said.

I sighed and looked out of the window. It might rain today. What a day!!! I kept looking out of the window. My decision is taken. I am not looking behind anymore.