27. Report

Emara Stone

Emara Stone

I regret.

I regret cutting my long thick hair.

I regret not going to gym and being lazy to workout.

I regret not having enough pretty dresses and makeup kits.

But the thing that I regret the most is not having a degree. If I had a degree I might be working here as Emara. I would have worn pencil skirt and pencil heels too. I might have caught hotty's eye in a different way not like a troublesome kid.

I look at all the project reports in front of me which needs CEO's sign for their implementation. I really want to kick all these papers off my table and scream fuck this shit. But the only thing that is stopping me is the image of dollars. I am only working here for my salary.

I know hotty always comes early as he takes his work very seriously, that is something I really admire about him. I take all the 11 files in my hand and walk inside the cabin. But to my surprise I see Rose sitting on hotty's chair and typing something on her phone with her manicured fingers. Even her fingers are beautiful.

I feel an evil spirit entering inside my body gradually as I see her beautiful shiny long hair and her exemplary smile. I want to snap her neck and scream at her asking why is she sitting on hotty's chair and where is he "Hi Ethan. Good Morning." She says in a sweet diabetes voice which is just adding fuel to my jealousy.

"Where is Ryan sir? Is he coming late?" I ask in a monotonous tone ignoring her good morning. There is nothing good about this morning. I see her smile fading a little but she covers it soon "Oh! No. Ryan's office has been renovated so he is back in his cabin." She says while catwalking towards me as she checks my clothes and hair.

"Okey! I'll take your leave then." As I was about to turn she stops me by holding my arm. Her grip is really strong for a girl, her face expressions completely drops as she leaves my arm. "Umm.. I'll take few files, it looks heavy." Her voice slacks low, she smiles but it doesn't reaches her eyes. "No it's fine. I can't let a lady lift heavy files." She giggles and her radiant smile appears again.

We walk to the elevator and I immediately regret not taking her help. These files are really heavy but I have to show my manliness. "How old are you Ethan?" She asks me as we enter inside the elevator. "I am going to be twenty two soon." I am literally counting T minus seconds in which this lift will reach 7th floor. "Ohh! I am twenty three." She says to which I simply nod. None of my business, girl.

"I like your hair color, it suits you." She says looking at them. "Thank you Rose." I say politely as I find her really sweet, she is not that bad. The doors of elevator opens in time. As we walk towards hotty's cabin I can feel Rose staring at me continuously. I open the door by pushing my shoulder as my hands are full of heavy files.