36. Barbecue

Zydus Kin- Ethan's wolf.
Dakota Dru- Ryan's wolf.

Alpha Ryan Damison

'Anything else I need to know that you already know, Emmy?'

'No Papa, like I said before he uses to just ask about those project reports. And some satellite monitoring thing the other one said.'

'Hmm. I'll meet you next month when I'll be back.'

'Papa, Is it true what the witch said that moon goddess gifted my wolf to Ethan?'

'Emmy, Don't worry. I'll get you the best witch in the country to check your case, till then keep taking your herbs on time. And listen to Ethan. He is your Alpha. Okay.'

'Yes, papa. Goodnight. Love you.'

'Goodnight sweetie. Happy Birthday. God bless you.'

I again replay Emara's taped conversation with her so called 'Papa'. His blunt tone and hard voice speculate that he is the leader of Lightning Moonstone pack which confirms my doubt that Ethan is Zydus Kin. The worm that I was trying to find from past a year was hidden far in my own territory.

But what is this 'her wolf gifted to him' bullshit. It is impossible to embody two wolves in a human, its unethical in the werewolf world. Though Ethan is as strong as how an Alpha should be, he is not as strong as two wolves together. A human would go insane trying to lead two wolves in him. Total absurd story.

What do you think Dakota?

Dakota always passes comments on my every silly thought but nowadays he seems to be quieter. I don't even feel like I have a wolf inside me. I can't believe I miss this annoying bastard.

Dakota?

He can read my thoughts, even if I create the wall he can still sense my feelings but it's not the same with me. Human's can't hear thoughts unless their wolf shares it with them. But with my six senses, I can still feel the chaos swirling in him.

She is dead.

Who? What are you talking about?

She is not coming back. She is dead.

Who the hell is dead, wolfie?

Her wolf.

Those two words were enough to collapse my world. I didn't even have to ask whom he is talking about, as suddenly I feel his pain through our bond. Excruciating pain that I have never felt before, something close to crucifixion.

It was like two rough hands squeezed my heart mercilessly and I couldn't even rub the pain as it was on the inside. I slip from my chair and fall on my knees on the floor as my limps go numb. Complete numb. Am I getting a stroke?