39. Soulmate

Emara Stone

Emara Stone

"Are you sure? You really didn't hear his thoughts or felt sparks when he touched you?" Ethan's voice is damn thick and serious. His eyes are filled with rage like he will snap heads any minute.

"Umm.. No. I didn't hear or felt such things." All I felt was the burning sensation every time when hotty touched me. Though I felt something close to electricity running in me when he bit me, I guess I was just scared. Maybe it was just a panic attack.

Frown on Ethan's forehead disappears as he releases a long breath of relief. His bloodshot eyes stay for a few seconds on my shoulder where hotty had bitten me. "I feel like to rip your shoulder's skin off where his mark is there." His hoarse voice booms in the room.

"I couldn't sleep all night thinking that you might be actually that fucker's mate, he is- he is not a good guy, Em. He is a fuck boy." Ethan shakes his head as he runs his fingers through his hair and stands up abruptly from the couch.

"Em. What I had told you about staying away from that chipmunk? Can't you see he is simply using you as a bait to fuck with us?" He asks me as he walks around the room furiously.

But I think chipmunks are cute.

"That bastard is trying to claim you forcefully so he can get his claws in our pack." Ethan's voice is loud, it sounds more like a roar. I have never seen him this mad in my whole life.

Somehow I feel disappointed knowing that somewhere hotty's soulmate is still there and he ruthlessly marked me to seize our land. But a little relieved too knowing that I am not that psycho's soulmate. Poor one, what an unlucky girl hotty's soulmate be!

"That pest sued me for 6 million, he even demanded 8890 acres of our territory along with you or he will declare war on us. Fucking bastard." Ethan's voice is filled with disgust and loathe as he talks about hotty.

He sued Ethan for only 6 million? Whereas he sued me for 11 million. What the fuck is up with him?

I can't tell Ethan now about the legal notice hotty had sent me, I know we can't afford this much money and instead, it will only fuel his anger and stress. I unintentionally rub my neck where hotty's fang marks are there. What is hotty planning? Does he want me or Ethan or his pack?

I look up as I suddenly feel Ethan's palms on my cheeks. "Emara, I am so sorry you got dragged into this... this whole shit." Ethan's voice becomes low, low enough to know that he is on the verge of breaking. "I never really wanted to leave you alone for my crowning ceremony, I even left my pack Delta for your safety. As soon as I came to know that he saw a Daminson pack's werewolf near our apartment I immediately left everything and came back for you."

"But I never thought, even in my dreams that.. that werewolf would be the Alpha himself. You have no idea how pissed I was seeing him half-naked in our apartment. My sister with that piece of rotten flesh." He speaks with mere disgust. Before I could speak I immediately shut my mouth seeing the stormy clouds forming in Ethan's blazing eyes "And don't you dare lie to me. I could smell the liquids in the air knowing what you both were doing."