102

I sat on my window seat, cuddled in the cove with my duvet watching the sunrise, creating little sketches in my sketchbook and listening to the low hum of whatever vinyl I had put on before. Hundreds of logo designs scattered among the pages, I was now drawing a rectangle out of boredom.

A tap hit my window, followed by another until I looked down and spotted the mop of black curls with his guitar in hand. He started climbing the tree outside of my bedroom window and beckoned for me to open the window and as I did the sound of guitar strings filled the air as he sat steadily on the branch, a familiar tune that he had been humming for months but this time with words.

And when I knock at a hundred and two
And I see your pajamas
I can't stop smiling at you

I look down to see my chequered pyjama bottoms and the Sonic Youth shirt Matty gave me and blushed, my gaze falling back to him outside, pouring his heart out. As he finished Matty gave me a sheepish grin with a shrug and got up off the branch to slide back down to the ground as I ran as fast as I could downstairs and out the door.

He seemed stunned for a second as I threw myself in his arms, relaxing as we melted into each other's embrace. "Mornin' Muse" he said burying his nose into my neck, exhaling causing me to giggle.

"Morning Marty," I said into his shirt, looking up at him and smiling.

"You're now the owner of the first ever The 1975 song!" he says shyly.

I kiss him before replying "It's too early to make me cry."

I pull back and take in his appearance, pyjama's still on, hair in its messy natural bed haired curls and battered converse. "D'ya just wake up and come over here?" I ask curiously.

"Woke up, finally grew some balls and couldn't go back on it so just ran over here to sing it to you before backing out again."

He really was the best songwriter I knew but he wasn't all that confident with it yeah as much as he likes people to think. "Think we could have an 'Us' day today? Just chill and go to the fields" Matty asks.

I nod in reply, "I'll make us pancakes, everyone else is still asleep" seeing as it was 6:30am.

We eat our pancakes, Matty running across the road to get changed quickly into more appropriate clothing for the day whilst I got my bike out the garage to put in Matty's car.

The front door to the Healy household flings open, a little head appearing around the door frame before noticing me. He runs at me, whilst I catch him and spin him round, giggles sounding throughout the road. I put Louis down on the floor as he looks up at me "Missed you Bea."

"I missed you too Bug, I'll take you for ice cream soon. Promise" I bend down, hooking pinkies with him. He had seen Matty and I do it and wanted to feel 'included.'

Matty comes out, picking Louis up and dangling him upside down whilst I take in the scene between the two brothers. "Be a good boy for Nana and Grandad, I'll be back later" Matty says, kissing Louis' forehead before taking him back inside.

It's 17:56pm I notice after looking down at my watch. The air was beginning to get colder, I had chosen to wear an oversized t-shirt as a dress today and could now feel the cold seeping in so Matty had given me his sweatshirt.

He was steering my bike whilst I'm sat on the front in the basket on the way back to the car. We had spent the day in the fields, they go on for miles and are currently full of bluebells. I had spent the afternoon sketching Matty woven between the flowers, whilst he sang 102 again (which did make me cry this time) and a few acoustic songs he'd been working on.

I had showed Matty the logo designs and he pointed towards the rectangle "What does this mean?"

"I was bored and sketched it. It's not a design."

Matty nodded "It is now. It's memorable, I love it."

When we got back to the car, Matty went to turn on the engine but it wouldn't start. Trying a few more times, he got out to lift the bonnet and see what was wrong. I watch him walk round to the passenger side and lean in to talk to me "M'just gonna ring someone to come fix it" before pecking my forehead and walking back off to get phone signal.

He hangs up and gets back in the car, turning to look at me "Vin's gonna come and fix it" he says referring to his Grandad.

"I have a few ideas of what we could do to pass the time quicker" He says, wiggling his eyebrows before unexpectedly lifting me onto his lap whilst I laugh at the action.

"Nice try, pretty boy" I say, leaning in to kiss him.