Coachella '14

The low whistle of the air con was the noise I was concentrating on, trying to calm my nerves. It was Coachella day and even though I wasn't performing, I felt nervous for the band.

Matty and I had stayed up all night talking about how nervous he was to play, worried that no one would even show up to their set.

I tried to reassure him that people would be there because they wouldn't be on the bill at such a famous festival if they weren't known. I held him close to me for the rest of the night, playing with his hair to calm him.

Here we all were, sat on the bus on the way to the festival. Hann was strumming his guitar whilst everyone else chattered, nervous and excited for the day.

We soon arrive, Matty shoving on a pair of white rimmed rounded sunglasses and running his hand through his hair before taking my hand and walking off the bus. The desert heat hit me instantly and I squint as I search for my glasses, much to my dismay it seems I'd left them at the hotel.

Matty notices me patting around and pulls out a matching pair of sunglasses from his shirt pocket before placing them on my face and winking. "We look fucking banging!" He says confidently.

From an outsiders point of view you wouldn't think he'd been a bundle of nerves the night before but this persona he put on showed him differently.

Waughy stops in his step next to me "Is this real?"

"Nah John, you're on acid and it's one big trip" George yells from the stairs of the bus. A group of security walk by as he says it and stop in their track "I was just joking, he's not on acid, we don't do drugs. If anyone's going to do drugs I wouldn't, I don't even know what drugs are!"

I mentally facepalm as George rambles on, the security just look at him in confusion and continue on their path. "Very smooth George, very well handled" Hann mocks.

"Fuck off Adam"

The band were messing around a little further ahead of me, taking in their surroundings. They were soon taken backstage for an interview with Billboard and I decided to relax.

I was sat on the grass listening to whichever artist was on now and heard my name being called.

"Bea!"

I turn around and try to see where the voice is coming from but can't figure it out. "Bea! Over here" is shouted again until I saw the owner of the voice.

Jesse comes running up to me as I get up off the floor and he takes me into a bear hug. "Hey stranger" I say happily.

Zach follows behind him and hugs me next, asking how I was and vice versa. "It's been too long, you look so different" He says, touching my now platinum almost white hair.

"Innit, Jesse's a goth now. Time really has passed" I joke, Zach laughing as Jesse flipped me off.

"So where are my boys?" Jesse asks, I lead them the way over to Matty, George and Hann.

The men all exchange their hugs and catch up quickly. Ross and Waughy had gone to watch some band on they both liked so weren't with us.

"Here, 'scuse me love. D'ya think you could take a photo of us?" Matty stops a random girl. She blushes at him, his shirt completely open and hair slicked back.

I laugh under my breath, knowing exactly how she felt. She nodded quickly and practically snatched the camera off me.

"Thanks Darl, remember to come watch The 1975 later" Matty says after taking the camera off her, winking as he turns back to me

I shake my head "You're such a windup."

"You love it" He kisses me.

I did a mini photo shoot with the boys backstage before they started their set

I did a mini photo shoot with the boys backstage before they started their set. Wishing them good luck before going into the crowd. I was middle row for the bands set, I started off there to snap some good shots and appreciate them. I'd never felt so proud of them, it had began to get too unbearably warm for my British ass so I made my way backstage.

They soon finish up their set and I'm greeted by a sweaty George who picks me up and spins me round. "That was fucking awesome, man it's different but a good different."

I hug each one of them, Matty falling into my arms last and letting out a loud sigh. I run my hands through his overgrown mohawk and smile at him.

"Think that was a few more than you thought huh?"

"Just a few, thanks for believing."

I grin even wider as he does "Only the truth. You look so hot right now by the way, proper fit."

He leans in "Was thinking the same about you, thought maybe we could sneak back to the bus for a bit?" He says cheekily.

"Hmmm I think that could be arranged."

a/n: sorry for all the photos but coachella 14' was iconic