Stick 'N' Pokes

"Fucking hell d'ya think you could dig that anymore into my skin if you tried?" Matty bellowed out, causing everyone to laugh at his reaction. George, who was on the receiving end of that comment grunted in frustration as Matty kept trying to slap his hand away.

It was night one of Leeds Festival, we were extremely bored because the music doesn't start til tomorrow and had made friends with the people surrounding our camp. I don't know what was going through our minds but stick 'n' poke tattoos seemed like a good idea. Of course Matty being the narcissist he is volunteered to go first with George offering to do it.

I had drawn the little design Matty had wanted onto his chosen area which was his lower abdomen on the left, a small "DLID" for the band. We had done the safety prep of sterilising the needle etc before letting George get on with it. I had decided to get a small eye tattooed on my ankle, a metaphor for always watching and protection.

Seeing as I was the only one in the group who actually had taken GCSE Art and could properly draw, I was tasked at sketching everyone's tattoo before it went to the needle. I was currently writing Ross' out, Hann had decided against one claiming something along the lines of "I don't really fancy getting blood poisoning on a field when we're all legal to get actual tattoos." I mean he had a point but we're eighteen and eighteen year olds are stupid.

George was finishing up Matty's and Lola who was one of our new found friends wanted to go next. She asked Matty to do it, I sensed she had a crush on him but he didn't seem that interested.

I was done drawing everyone's designs and sat by the mini campfire, heating up a marshmallow and making conversation with the other camp mates with Adam. I discreetly watched Ross from a distance, he was talking to a cute boy called Tim who was bonding with him over all things bass, I could tell Ross had taken a liking to him.

An hour had passed and it was my turn to be tattooed. One of the boys from the other group, Nick offered to do it but Matty quickly jumped in and said he'd do it.

I sat down, rolling up the bottom of my trousers so my ankle was exposed, showing the design I'd drawn on. Matty traced it with the ink, taking his time, his concentration face is so cute.

He hits the bone and I can't help but whine at it, the pain shocking me a little, he looks up abruptly "Shit, soz" he says, rubbing over the area gently with his thumb.

I look down at my ankle where he was finishing up  inking "Not too shabby Healy" to which he grins shyly at. He whispered to me "You alright sharing with me?" nodding towards the tents.

"Absolutely not" I tell him in my most deadpan tone, joking with him.

He knocks my foot, making me fall off the the chair I was balancing on. I fall hard on the ground, sitting for a second to recover, watching Matty's sorry expression before I burst out in laughter at the situation.

Matty bends down to pick me up but instead I drag him down so he lands with a loud thud as well on the ground, I'm still laughing as he tackles me to the side.

"Dickhead!" He shouts whilst tickling my sides, I squirm in his grip, he knows full well I'm ticklish.

"You-You're the one who knocked me off" I say in-between gasps for air. "Alright stop! I surrender, can't breathe" which immediately causes him to holt his actions and get up to actually help me.

I take his hand, pulling me into an embrace when I get up. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me tight to him "Ah Muse, you ready for the best weekend?" he asks.

"I am, are you?" I look up at him, studying his face.

"One for the books I reckon. D'ya like your tattoo?" he asks curiously, I look down again at the small eye on my ankle.

"Love it, thank you Marty."

I notice Ross is sat by himself once again so I make my way over to him, dropping down on the camping chair next to his. He hands me a cider, I thank him quietly.

"So Tim's nice isn't he?" I nudge my elbow into Ross' in a knowing way "Cute too."

He blushes, "Beaaaaaaaaaa" a long over exaggerated whine that shows his embarrassment.

"S'alright R, did you have a good time talking?" I ask him genuinely, not wanting to make him upset.

"Yeah I did, he's a sweet lad" he says, not elaborating further. Ross has always been shy about his feelings.

"D'ya mind if Matty shares with us? He asked before if I was alright sharing with him so I think he's assumed I'm staying with him" I say, Ross had said I could share with him because I'm still a bit wary of boys and especially at a festival.

He takes a sip of his beer before responding "I'll share with Hann and G, you two share. Matty will kill me if he finds out we were gonna share plus he snores."

I agree with him, Matty would kill him and he does snore. "Thanks pal, can always count on you" I say tapping his hand next to me.

"He really likes you y'know I think tha-" Ross stops mid sentence after noticing Matty make his way over to us.

I decide to get another drink, standing up from my seat I walk over to the cooler watching Tim getting tattooed by Nick whilst Hann watches on in disapproval. When I arrive back at my seat, Matty and Ross are away in conversation so I go to take a seat on the ground next to them. As if subconsciously Matty pulls me down onto his lap whilst continuing his conversation.