All Things Must End Part 1

London was warm this evening, the sun was setting and the hum of city traffic rang through my ears. I had been away for 5 days on a business trip, something I rarely had to do but I had to finalise the production set for the 1975's tour.

I pull up outside mine and Matty's house, parking the car and going to the backseat to pull out my bag.

Before I can even put my key in the lock, the front door swings open and Matty engulfs me in a hug. I stumble back as I try to regain my balance, wrapping my arms around him as my bag drops to the floor.

I feel him sigh into my neck, burying his nose further into my skin and inhaling. My hand brings itself up out of habit and strokes through his curls "You ok?" I ask.

He shakes his head, holding me tighter to him. I shuffle us into the house and close the door with my foot before lifting his head and stroking his cheek. His face looked sunken, eyes missing their usual spark and his smile wasn't present.

I frown, he releases his hold on me and instead reaches for my hand, his other grabbing my bag before leading me to the bedroom.

Matty sits down on the edge of the bed, patting next to him. I kick off my shoes and sit down, he instantly curls into my side.

"What's wrong darling?" I ask him quietly.

"Just don't sleep the same when you're not here." He says, wiping under his nose and sniffling.

"You got a cold? You're burning up." my hand making its way to his forehead before pressing, feeling the warmth instantly.

He shifts, twiddling his thumbs together. Something I knew he did when he was nervous or lying "Yeah, yeah think it might be a cold. I've missed you." he says trying to shift the conversation back to me.

I raise my eyebrows deciding to forget it "Missed you too, You'll be happy to know the set is all ready for tour next year!"

Matty leans his head up from his position on my shoulder giving me a lazy smile "I really don't deserve you. You're fucking class."

Shifting, I move towards the top of the bed and lie down, taking Matty with me.

"It's going to look so good, obviously all the visuals aren't done yet because you haven't finished the album but the staging is done."

Matty nods his head "Yeah I really need to finish the album, just can't focus right now." He fiddled with his fingers again "It's only August anyway we've got time."

We catch up on the past few days and laugh like old times, as if nothing ever started going wrong. Our laughter is cut when Matty's phone rings.

He sighs "Yeah? Well Muse just got home so I uhm planned on spending the evening with her?" I look at him in question, he mouths "Jamie" at me to which I nod.

"Do I really have to be there, like yeah I know I'm the frontman but have you seen George's bone structure? Send him instead." Matty rambles on, I giggle at his words. "Oh alright, fair enough. Jamie man, ok calm down I'll be there. Yes I'll bring her, Yes ok daddy Oborne chill."

I could hear Jamie plead with him to never call him that again to which Matty does his usual cackle and says it again.

Jamie says his goodbyes and hangs up, Matty rolls his eyes for the tenth time since being on the short call. "I'm really fucking tired but we'll have to rain check on a night in. I'm really sorry, this whole lifestyle is busy. Fancy another party?" He asks, hope in his tone.

I could tell he was feeling bad so I nodded, he quickly kissed my lips and got up off the bed. We both got ready quickly, getting an uber to the address Jamie had text us.

Slaves had invited the lads to their album release party and so that's where I spent my evening.