Date

I had just got out the shower when my phone pinged with a text. I wrap my towel around myself before walking into my room to look at who had text.

Matty:
I'll be over soon x

Bea:
See you then x

Rummaging through my suitcase, I decide on my favourite pair of shorts, a random graphic t-shirt and a pair of converse. Matty hadn't specified what type of date it was but I didn't want to dress up too much because the humidity was another level here.

I finish applying my lip balm when Matty arrives. Taking a deep breathe I open the door, he stood in his infamous pair of black tight jeans, vans and a graphic t-shirt that looks oddly familiar.

He looks me up and down before speaking "How do you look prettier every time I see you?"

"Fuck sake we're matching!" I say distracted trying to hide my blush, pointing at our t-shirt's "One of us is going to have to change."

"No way, we look sick. we're going like this." He says, offering his arm out to which I accept and let him lead us in the direction of the restaurant.

We spent the next two hours reminiscing over everything. To be truthful it was nice spending time with him like this, it had been a long time.

Once we had finished up it was dark. The water lit up with luminous blue lights and Matty and I were sat on the edge of the water with our feet dipped in.

The water was warm, no one around in sight as I watched the stars and sat in a comfortable silence with Matty.

He reaches into his jeans pocket and pulls out his box of cigarettes, lighting one up.

I kick my feet in the water gently causing ripples, giggling to myself. Feeling Matty's stare I look to my left and smile.

"Alright?"

He nods. Exhaling.

"To be honest with you, I've not felt this content in a long time."

Reaching back into his pocket he pulls out a necklace. The necklace that Matty had given me for my birthday all those years ago rested in the palm of his hand.

I had left it in our flat that night I left, it felt foreign to me even though I had worn it every day since receiving it. I couldn't believe he still had it, he lifts it up hesitantly.

"May I?"

Pulling my hair to one side, I shiver at the touch of his cold fingertips against my neck. He clasps the necklace shut and sits back down next to me. It lay cool against my chest.

"Thank you." I tell him sincerely.

He smiles at me "It's yours."

We both turn when we hear a screech coming from behind us. Ross was stood with George slapping his arm "Louis was right! Mea have shipped again."

Matty rolls his eyes "What are you two doing here? It's 11. Where's Hann?"

They both hold their hands up in fake surrender "Just going to get a drink, Dad. It's our holiday, we can stay up past 11." George says voice dripping with sarcasm as he winks at me to which I laugh. "He's being a middle aged man and watching the news with Robert on his iPad."

They both carry on towards the bar, well George has to drag Ross along with him.

Matty turns back towards "They're idiots, also I think Adam has a man crush on your Dad. Want to go back to my room and have a film marathon and eat overpriced room service?"

I find myself nodding quickly "You know me so well Healy."

He stands up and helps me up, grabbing our shoes in one hand and holding my hand in the other.

a/n: i changed this chapter a little bit because i wasn't happy with it! this one feels a little bit more 'Matty and Bea.'