MFC

We were parked on a slip road just outside of town surrounded by woods so no one would spot us. Matty is sat behind the wheel, rolling a joint whilst I flick through his cd collection in the glovebox, feet up on the dashboard.

The 1975 demo of 'Sex' playing softly throughout the car, I hum in tune appreciating Matty's voice and the boys on their instruments.

I lean back in my seat, closing my eyes and letting out a deep breathe whilst clicking my doc martens together. Matty looks at the movement from his peripheral vision, shaking his head and chuckling softly before licking the paper and lighting it up.

He leans over the gear stick, fingertips cupping my chin and turning it to the right so I'm now facing him. I open my eyes as he blows the smoke into my mouth, kissing me deeper so the smoke settles in my lungs.

I take the joint off him, taking a toke and humming in rhythm to Matty's voice. We go back and forth like this for a while, enjoying the high setting in and taking breaks to make-out.

Before I even realised I had drifted off in thoughts, my mind spinning a thousand times over and making me overthink everything as always. 

"Muse?"

"Marty?"

"You ok? You drifted off there." Matty says concerned.

My words spill out like word vomit "Promise me you'll get out of here and never look back? No matter what, you go live your life." I say whilst looking at him in the eyes so he knows I mean it.

"I can't promise you that, I need you with me to keep me sane." Matty replies whilst chuckling. "You're my number one girl, what's brought this up?"

"I just get lost in my head sometimes, 'specially when m'high. I want you to be happy and this music-" I point towards his car radio "This music makes you happy and it's fuckin' good and I want you to get recognition for it."

Matty turns to look at the radio too and then turns back holding up his pinky finger "To us, getting out of this town and seeing the world. The boys love you, I love you, you're coming with us."

Hooking my finger with his, I try to settle my brain by leaning forward and turning the music right up.

"This is definitely music for cars y'know?" I say.

"What?"

"You know those songs that you just have to play in the car, driving to a significant event or windows rolled down at 3am with the music on loud. Kinda like Heroes." I tell him.

He grins "Music for cars? I like it."

a/n
v short chapter, sorry for lack of updates. been super busy, i turned 18 and have had loads going on. more will be coming soon x