Girls

Matty's POV

Meetings had consumed my day, I was tired and all I wanted was to see Bea.

I found myself outside of her apartment building, she lives on the sixth floor but I could still see the light on and her silhouette dancing.

Pulling out my phone I go to my most recent calls, finding her name and dialling. It rang for 30 seconds before she picked up.

"Yellow, sorry I couldn't find my phone!" I hear her sigh, a smile taking over my face at the greeting she'd used since we were kids.

"I love your dance moves." I say, teasing her. 

The line goes quiet until I notice Bea lean out of the window and spot me. She scrunches her eyebrows and waves before holding up a finger to indicate she's coming.

I hang up and open the door to the building once I hear the buzz. Her door is already open once I get there, hair in her face and an oversized t-shirt that reads "School kills artists."

"Amen to that." I say causing a look of confusion to appear on Bea's face before she follows my gaze and laughs.

"Oh yeah, I'm doing god's work."

She kisses me on the cheek before sitting down on the sofa, I throw myself down next to her and her head leans on my shoulder. I run my thumb over her cheek and kiss her crown.

"I missed you." Bea says softly, she was the only person who could make me feel all fluttery when she speaks.

"I missed you too, so much."

I suggest we go for a drive, wanting to go on a hill somewhere and see the stars. Bea was always down for drives. She goes to get dressed and I stay seated with Pluto on my lap, purring in her sleep.

"I always knew it was just an act, you're a softy really."

I'm startled by the voice behind me, turning around I see Bea shaking her head slowly as she looks between my face and the cat.

She's wearing a pair of black jeans which are deliberately frayed at the ends and an original DLID t-shirt.

"You still have that?" I point at the t-shirt in disbelief.

Bea replies as if it's obvious "Of course, they're my favourite band." She says before laughing, I shake my head at her.

As we're heading towards the front door she speaks "Y'know I do happen to love Ghosts, it needs to make a return."

"I shall keep that in mind, Muse."

We were sat in the back of Bea's pickup truck, she had always kept it for emergencies if we ever needed to move instruments. She really had always been our no.1 fan.

I put my hand in the bag of sweets we'd picked up on the way and tossed them in my mouth, catching them. Bea mimics for me to throw one at her and she catches it, silently cheering at her accomplishment. She enjoys the little things.

"Maarten told us the tour schedule today, going to be away for a while. Not as much as last year but it's still hectic." I tell her, not knowing how else to bring it up.

She looks over at me and smiles lazily, her hand coming up to my face and drawing patterns on my cheek before answering.

"You're going to take over the world someday, I just know it, but you also have to look after yourself."

I can't help but grin at this, taking her hands in mine. "I'd like you by my side when we do."

Bea nods and presses her forehead into my chest, placing a kiss there. "Do you ever feel like time is moving so quickly?" She questions quietly.

I take a moment to think it over "Yeah, these past few years have flown by. How're we 28 this year?"

"I still feel like a teenager, Marty. Don't remind me of our age." I laugh at her and agree.

We sit in silence for a while, Bea's head still on my chest. My breathing synced with hers. I decide to tease her.

"You can't be what I need if you're 17, you're just a girl-" I'm cut off by her slapping my chest lightly.

"Shut up Matthew!"

"I'm just ad-libbing!" I laugh, holding my hands up innocently "You are my muse after all."

Bea looks up at me and shakes her head before moving forward to sit on my lap. She throws her arms around my neck and holds me close, playing with the hairs on the back of my neck and I draw patterns down her spine.

"I love you."

"I love you too, this heart is yours." I place her hand on my chest, holding it there.

a/n: sorry for the break! i appreciate all the love i've been getting on the book and hopefully i'll be regularly updating again.

february was wild, i followed the 1975 around the country and saw them 7 times. i had so much coursework due in as well hence why i've not been posting