Facetime

I'm eating cereal and watching reruns of 'That 70's Show' when my phone rings. Matty's name flashes across the screen and I don't hesitate to pick up.

"There's my favourite face!" I hear as soon as I pick up, Matty appearing on the screen. He was shirtless and looked like he'd just woken up.

I couldn't help but grin at the sight. "Hi darling!" I say into the phone.

"I've just woke up and I missed your face so I thought I'd call. How're you?" Matty asks.

"M'good, I miss you too. How's tour? How're the boys?" I ask like a worried mother.

Matty looks away from the screen and laughs as I hear someone shout in the background. Not a few seconds later the phone is taken off Matty and George's face appears.

"Piss off George." I hear Matty say, G swatting his hand away and waving at me.

"Sting, I miss you. I miss your pancakes!" He says loudly into the phone.

"I miss you too and Ross is just as good at making them, he's just lazy." I laugh hearing Ross shout 'Fuck off.'

"G, gimme my phone back. I want to see her!" I hear Matty grumble, jumping into frame and pushing George slightly.

The two of them have an altercation which ends with Matty on George's back as always because he's smaller and the two of them wrestling for the phone. I just watch in amusement at the pair of them and take a screenshot.

Matty finally gets the phone back and walks to the lounge area in the back of the bus, closing the door behind him.

"Hi pretty boy." I say softly trying to calm him down.

He pushes his curls from his face and smiles "Hi. Tours going good, it's hectic but it's good. I always love being out onstage and seeing all their faces."

I sit in silence and watch him speak, his eyes lighting up when he talks about the fans "The boys are alright as you can tell. It's just weird without you, I know we've toured before without you but we're together again now." He pouts.

"I'll be with you before you know it. I've made an album on my phone filled with all the photos you send, I was showing Louis them earlier!" I tell him.
For every city they had been in so far, Matty had sent me a selfie along with other photos so I could "be there in spirit."

I hear the door open on the other side of the phone, Hann appearing in screen. "Finally a normal person, come see us soon for the sake of my sanity please." He pleads jokingly.

"I'm on my way Adam!!"

Hann says something quietly to Matty and the man nods. He turns back to look in the camera with a pout.

"Soundcheck awaits. I love you so much, Sting. Take care darling." He blows me a kiss.

"Play menswear! I love you too, see you soon." I blow him a kiss back before ending the call.