24

I'm woken to the sound of a smoke alarm, the blaring noise making me bury further into the pillow until I hear arguing.

"Will you lot shut up? Bea's still asleep and I wanted to give her breakfast in bed" I hear Matty sigh in exasperation. I smile at this, imagining him running his hand through his hair in stress.

"Oh fuck it's on fire!" comes next which is enough to make me jump out of bed.

I make my way into the kitchen, barely able to see through the smoke, I first spot Ross fanning a newspaper under the alarm trying to stop the sound.
George is stood by the stove, fire extinguisher in hand, which seems a bit dramatic in all honesty.

Hann is sat at the kitchen island watching it all unfold as he sips from his cup of tea, trying to tell George to put the extinguisher down and to calm down. Matty spots me from the doorframe, rushing over to me and covering my face in kisses.

He scratches his head in defeat, looking around at the scene. "Sorry, was trying to make you breakfast but didn't go to well" he says shyly. "Happy birthday darling" leaving another kiss on my lips.

Before I can reply the sound of the fire extinguisher is going off as George fights with the nozzle trying to stop it. The 4 of us watching him in humour and Hann in annoyance as foam sprays all over the kitchen.

"For fuck sake George, you're cleaning that up not me."

I make my way to sit on the empty stool next to Adam, yawning into my palm as he threw his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in. "Happy birthday Sting!" he says happily, his tone waking me up more.

Ross slides me a cup of tea and I take a sip, sighing in relief as it warms me up. I am pushed into the living room, gift bags and presents placed around me as I smile at the 4 men.

As I finish opening the gifts and thanking them all with a kiss to the cheek, Matty tells me to go get dressed because he's taking me out for the day. I try to quiz him on where he's taking me so I dress appropriately but he shoos me away, George follows me into my bedroom and tries to pick an outfit out but I quickly tell him to stop because my entire wardrobes contents were spilled on the floor.

I finish getting ready, going with a semi-casual outfit paired with a pair of converse.

We say goodbye to the boys, closing the door behind us and making our way to the lift located across the hall. Matty slips his hand into mine, bringing it too his lips and placing a soft kiss to my knuckle before smiling at me.

He takes me to an aquarium, mimicking the fish's mouths every chance he had. I snap some photos of him to tease him with and he just gives me a crooked grin like a kid.

After the aquarium, we go for a walk around the city of London, being tourists and making people take photos of us every 5 minutes whilst Matty gushes about me to every stranger who stops.

It's 9pm now and we're sat in a posh restaurant. Matty had made today special, he knew I didn't want to make a massive deal as I was having a party on the weekend and also I didn't need a reminder I was getting older.

His hand held mine across the table as his eyes darted across the menu in front of him. I couldn't help but smile at how handsome he looked. We weren't really dressed appropriately for this setting yet we didn't care, Matty still somehow managed to look like the most handsome one in the room.

"Decided what you're having?" He breaks me from my trance, looking at me in confusion as I look away quickly.

"Uh yeah, I'm gonna have the pasta. You?"

"Thinkin' the same, I don't really know what anything else is" He jokes, waving to a waiter to signal we're ready.

We talk about anything and everything over dinner, Matty never lets go of my hand which proves hard for me to eat but he was extra loving today and I wasn't complaining.

"Move in with me?" Matty says out of nowhere.

"What?"

"Move in with me, you're always at my place anyway" He says matter of factly.

I look at him shyly "You're sure you can live with me? All the time, 24/7" I exaggerate the all the time part.

He nods his head eagerly "I want to wake up to you for the rest of me life. I got you a key cut specially so you can put the spare one back."

I take a moment to think over his offer, I mean we had been together for 6 years and I do practically live there already.

"I'll move in with you."

Matty leans forward across the table and cups my chin before kissing me. "Happy birthday darling, you make me the happiest person alive."

Liked by bedforddanes75 and 4,950 others trumanblack happy birthday muse

trumanblack happy birthday muse. on this day 14 years ago i gave us matching scars and yet you still decided to date me. i love you, twenty four sweet years of you x {tagged: bea_sting}