Island Party

One of the barmen had been flirting with me for an hour now, I happily chatted back to him as he was giving me free drinks. His name was Oro which he'd boasted was the name of a god to which I subconsciously agreed because he was attractive.

He tapped his friends shoulder and said something quickly before walking around the bar to me, holding his hand out.

He takes me to the middle where everyone was dancing, spinning me round and attempting to teach me some of the dance moves he knew. I laughed and followed in his direction whilst trying not to trip over my two left feet.

We danced like this for a few songs before he took my hand again and led me back to the bar.

"Up." He says, mimicking lifting me up onto the bar.

At this point I don't know if it was the alcohol or the fact that I had become quite the confident woman recently but I shrugged and gripped on as Oro lifted me off the floor.

Once on the bar I pull my dress down, maybe wearing a tight dress was not the right time on this occasion.

I sway my hips and dance to the song, feeling eyes on me but a particular set of eyes made me look up.

Matty's stare burned into me, his eyes wandering up and down my body to which I swayed more and winked at him. I see him pour back his drink and smirk at me. 

Last night I had fallen asleep in his room during our third film and slipped out early this morning. Not out of regret but I had promised Jules I'd help with preparing so I left a note. I hadn't seen him all day and I decided to tease him.

I walk towards that side of the bar, lowering myself to his level as he gulps. I lean in "You coming up?"

He looks back at the group of people who were watching and raises his eyebrows at me. I give him a subtle nod as I hold his hand tightly to pull him up.

We stay close together, doing our usual terrible dancing as if we were in our own bubble. I laugh at Matty, his curls flailing all over the place.

The song finishes and he jumps down off the bar, his hands come up to help me off. He presses a kiss to my temple and turns us to face the wedding party who were applauding us as we bowed.

We had decided on going for a swim, luckily I had worn my bikini under my dress and Matty just wore his underwear.

He spun me round in circles, my laughter echoing in the night. His arms wound around my waist keeping me in place.

My eyes dart back and forth across his face taking him in. He had changed so much in the two years we hadn't been together, being friends I was never this close to take in details.

My thumb runs up and down his jaw and I'm distracted until I'm submerged in water.

He pulls us both back up, pulling me closer to him again if possible. I cough up water before slapping his chest lightly as he laughs like a maniac.

A bang erupts and colours soon follow, realising fireworks had been set off from the decking. I turn around in Matty's arms, watching the sparkles in the sky. I had always loved fireworks.

I feel Matty's eyes on me, I look down at him "Beautiful aren't they?"

He mumbles "So beautiful." I turn to look at him but his eyes were already glued to me.

"Muse?"

A foreign name to me now. It catches me unexpectedly.

"Yeah?"

"Can I kiss you?" Matty's eyes are soft, the fireworks projecting shone in them.

I nod before leaning in to kiss him gently. He kissed me like I'd break, delicately but it told me all I needed to know. We pull back and I rest my forehead against his.

"Will you be my girlfriend? I know Mo'orea is far from home but you just make everywhere feel like home and I want to have you with me all the time. In Mo'orea, London, Australia, LA, wherever you will have me. I'll go."

My heart melts at his words, the sincerity in his voice.

"Please don't hurt me. We have to communicate better this time." I say letting my vulnerable side show.

In the time I'd been apart from Matty I had learnt a lot about myself. Instead of loathing in self pity, I spent the time learning to love myself and I had become a confident woman, rarely letting the vulnerable side show but Matty had a way of bringing out my vulnerable side.

"I'm not going to promise you we won't argue because we will have our ups and downs but I'll be more honest this time. I'll protect you with all my heart."

a/n:
changed this chapter quite a bit bc i wasn't really a fan of it. it didn't really feel like the characters.